5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
My longhorn order from 4/30 came in last Thursday and was ready for pickup yesterday. The dealership is Jimmy Britt in Statesboro, Georgia. When ordering we had agreed to 8% below invoice and sold order protecting 0% for 84 months. The sales manager I completed the deal with doesn’t work there anymore, and they’re trying to not give me the 0 for 84. First they say “0 for 84 hasn’t been available since April” no sh** that’s why I got it sold order protected and got it put down in writing at the time of order. ( they didn’t like when I pulled out the papers). After that they started pushing it off on Chrysler capital and it was around 7:30 pm. They came back and said they have to talk to the big boss of Chrysler capital and he won’t be in until tomorrow. It’s all a bunch of bs and they’re trying to yank me around. Hoping the run around ends today. I honestly thought they weren’t going to let me leave without it since it was the last day of the month but maybe they had already made their quota.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Good point. Especially because I have no idea what to expect with these engines.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't worry about the engines or transmission. It's all the other FCA parts!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My longhorn order from 4/30 came in last Thursday and was ready for pickup yesterday. The dealership is Jimmy Britt in Statesboro, Georgia. When ordering we had agreed to 8% below invoice and sold order protecting 0% for 84 months. The sales manager I completed the deal with doesn’t work there anymore, and they’re trying to not give me the 0 for 84. First they say “0 for 84 hasn’t been available since April” no sh** that’s why I got it sold order protected and got it put down in writing at the time of order. ( they didn’t like when I pulled out the papers). After that they started pushing it off on Chrysler capital and it was around 7:30 pm. They came back and said they have to talk to the big boss of Chrysler capital and he won’t be in until tomorrow. It’s all a bunch of bs and they’re trying to yank me around. Hoping the run around ends today. I honestly thought they weren’t going to let me leave without it since it was the last day of the month but maybe they had already made their quota.

Seems pretty straight forward that the dealer should be honoring the original deal, especially because you have it in writing. Doesn't matter if the original sales manager isn't there anymore. I'd be ready to walk away from the deal...as much as it sucks waiting this long for the truck to come in. The dealer is being shady and I personally wouldn't have any of their BS.

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
Seems pretty straight forward that the dealer should be honoring the original deal, especially because you have it in writing. Doesn't matter if the original sales manager isn't there anymore. I'd be ready to walk away from the deal...as much as it sucks waiting this long for the truck to come in. The dealer is being shady and I personally wouldn't have any of their BS.
I went in hoping for a smooth transaction. After all the dealing part was already done, but I was prepared for bs. I’m giving them today to honor the original deal, but if it’s anything other than I’m walking away from it. It’s sad how shady and messed up car buying is. They acted like I came and found a car on the lot and was negotiating on it.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Well I'm going to say maybe FCA is having problems updating their incentives otherwise good luck selling any trucks at least here in TX this month. Right now the Limited incentives went down from a terrible $1500 (not counting $500 Chrysler Capital so $2000 if you were financing through Chrysler) to a horrendous $0 ($500 if financing with Chrysler). That is the same for all trims here in TX. Only the Bighorn/Lonestar have a financing incentive (0% for 72mo). These "incentives" are through 3 Aug. What a joke! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just looked at 2019s out of curiosity and there are ZERO incentives of any kind on any 2019 models. I'm thinking FCA is asleep behind the wheel and hasn't properly updated the incentives but we'll see soon enough.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

That truck is yours for 15 calendar days from the day it arrived on the lot so they can't sell it to anyone else anyway unless you tell them you no longer want it. You have it in writing so tell them to pound sand, honor the deal or you'll be taking the next step (litigation). Good luck and keep us updated!

Skater

Reaction score
That truck is yours for 15 calendar days from the day it arrived on the lot so they can't sell it to anyone else anyway unless you tell them you no longer want it. You have it in writing so tell them to pound sand, honor the deal or you'll be taking the next step (litigation). Good luck and keep us updated!
On what law/statute/language do you rely to state the truck is Tcanderson20's for 15 calendar days from the date of arrival unless he tells the dealer he does not want it? Not trying to be controversial or start a flame war just trying to understand, so in case I have any issue I can tell my dealer I have 15 days and direct them to the law that provides me that right. Thanks.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
They are usually slow at the beginning of every month to show the incentives as 1) the site is managed by a 3rd party and 2) they want to see what the other manufacturers are going to offer. Just keep watching today and tomorrow. I would think that because this is a big holiday weekend, they will have the incentives posted by Friday. I’m waiting for these too!! Fingers crossed they go big this month!!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are usually slow at the beginning of every month to show the incentives as 1) the site is managed by a 3rd party and 2) they want to see what the other manufacturers are going to offer. Just keep watching today and tomorrow. I would think that because this is a big holiday weekend, they will have the incentives posted by Friday. I’m waiting for these too!! Fingers crossed they go big this month!!

True. Just looking at the competition, Chevy has $5,000 off all Crew Cabs and GMC has $6,000 off all Crew Cabs this month (ending 8/3/20), so hopefully Ram has something decent up their sleeves.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know, we've all thought since March that the incentives would get better and they haven't, only worse. They already know what Ford and GM are doing, IMO, they are believeing their own hype from the Q1 sales and the recent JD Power rankings and deciding that the peasants will take what they're offering
Highest-Ranking Brands and Models

Dodge
and Kia tie for highest in overall initial quality, each with a score of 136 PP100. Dodge is the first domestic brand in the study’s history to rank highest. This is the sixth consecutive year that Kia is the highest-ranked mass market brand. Chevrolet and Ram place third in a tie (each with 141 PP100). Genesis is the highest ranked premium brand for the fourth consecutive year in the study.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
On what law/statute/language do you rely to state the truck is Tcanderson20's for 15 calendar days from the date of arrival unless he tells the dealer he does not want it? Not trying to be controversial or start a flame war just trying to understand, so in case I have any issue I can tell my dealer I have 15 days and direct them to the law that provides me that right. Thanks.

When I ordered my 2014 Longhorn I spoke with FCA about incentives and they informed me that the truck is "sold" to me and that I have 15 calendar days from when the truck arrived on the lot to complete the deal before they can offer the truck for sale to someone else. I used this to my advantage as my truck arrived 17 March 2014 and I didn't pick it up until March 29th. I was willing to wait until the April incentives came out because I figured they might go up at least $500 and I was expecting the college grad bonus to start (they do it every year) so I was able to get the dealer to come off the price another $500 to complete the sale in March as they were trying to hit a quota. Unfortunately I can't cite a source online but if you call the FCA Incentive hotline they will explain it to you. I'm giving you my actual experience in this very matter.

jbdan

Reaction score
This is disappointing to hear. I worked with them (Dublin location) on a Laramie in April on a truck they had on the lot. Drove down from Atlanta to look at before purchasing and they had done some funky stuff to it. It had Bighorn wheels chrome clad 18", Limited trim piece on lower doors, VIN lookup showed 416 miles on the truck but it had 19 miles on odometer, had a 2 inch lift, etc... When I got there and asked about all the discrepancies they said they have a guy that comes by and makes the Laramies look more fancy for more appeal lol. The price was fair, but I couldn't get past all the oddball things they had done to it without advertising it in the truck description. They were nice people, but WTH.

If you have evrything in writing I don't see how they can't honor that. Did you show them the incentive code for the 0% for 84mos and the fact that it is sold/customer order protected per FCA incentive hotline? I'm sure you did just thinking. Hope they honor what they put in writing for you. If I was the owner I'd be calling you ASAP to honor what they agreed on.

Tcanderson20

Reaction score
This is disappointing to hear. I worked with them (Dublin location) on a Laramie in April on a truck they had on the lot. Drove down from Atlanta to look at before purchasing and they had done some funky stuff to it. It had Bighorn wheels chrome clad 18", Limited trim piece on lower doors, VIN lookup showed 416 miles on the truck but it had 19 miles on odometer, had a 2 inch lift, etc... When I got there and asked about all the discrepancies they said they have a guy that comes by and makes the Laramies look more fancy for more appeal lol. The price was fair, but I couldn't get past all the oddball things they had done to it without advertising it in the truck description. They were nice people, but WTH.

If you have evrything in writing I don't see how they can't honor that. Did you show them the incentive code for the 0% for 84mos and the fact that it is sold/customer order protected per FCA incentive hotline? I'm sure you did just thinking. Hope they honor what they put in writing for you. If I was the owner I'd be calling you ASAP to honor what they agreed on.
Lol that sounds pretty funky.
yeah I made it very clear that I had been in contact with FCA myself about it and the dealership had as well and the fact that I put down a $500 to lock in everything. Giving them today to make it right
I will say for the statesboro location they word everything deceitfully even when asking a simple question. They never kept me informed during the build process (I kept up myself with ram chat). If I can finish this deal with them it will be the last one for me with them.

gf2020

Reaction score
Just looking at the competition, Chevy has $5,000 off all Crew Cabs and GMC has $6,000 off all Crew Cabs this month (ending 8/3/20)...

I saw that too. Chevrolet went down another $500 for July but GMC held steady. That Sierra 1500 Elevation diesel I was looking at is looking better. :cool:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is sporadically showing up under the Big Horn Incentives and Offers. Not a lot of details but may be a sign of July Incentives.

That would actually be a decrease from last month for the Big Horns. Taking out the $2,300 for the Big Horn Package Discount (you get this regardless of the Factory Incentives/Rebates), it's only $4,000, which is a $1,000 decrease from last month (at least for my zip code).

Edit: Just looked at my Zip Code, and I see the same breakdown. So if these hold true, it would appear that factory incentives/rebates have decreased this month for the Big Horns.

Another Edit: It appears that the $6,300 Total Value only shows when you select the Crew Cab 6'4" Box 4x4 Big Horn...I think they're still working on it....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 07.56.43.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 07.56.43.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I saw that too. Chevrolet went down another $500 for July but GMC held steady. That Sierra 1500 Elevation diesel I was looking at is looking better. :cool:

Yep I have been tracking Ram and Sierra. Right now the Limited Ram has $0 incentives (not counting $500 Chrysler Capital) and the Sierra Denali/AT4 are $6000. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread