5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep I have been tracking Ram and Sierra. Right now the Limited Ram has $0 incentives (not counting $500 Chrysler Capital) and the Sierra Denali/AT4 are $6000. :unsure:

Denalis are definitely a better deal right now and I've been watching them. Im not really interested in spending that much money on a second choice but FCA is really starting to **** me off.

Between the bull S dealers are playing with people (like the above special order truck, lying to people about locking in 0/72-84), FCAs overall lack of concern and the rebates, FCA may need to learn a lesson with people voting with their wallets.

jbdan

Reaction score
Looks like the incentives from June are back up on the ram trucks website (for my zip). They go till 8/3/2020

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
500 bucks off on the Rebel.. Pfft!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cash Allowance on the 2020 Big Horn Crew 4x4 went up by $1,000 for my Zip compared to June to $6,000. Not bad.

Cash Allowance on the Limited is $2,000... Laramie $3,000... Rebel $2,000

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 09.33.12.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 09.33.12.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 48

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Incentives in July for TX are exactly the same as they were for June. :cautious:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Denalis are definitely a better deal right now and I've been watching them. Im not really interested in spending that much money on a second choice but FCA is really starting to **** me off.

Between the bull S dealers are playing with people (like the above special order truck, lying to people about locking in 0/72-84), FCAs overall lack of concern and the rebates, FCA may need to learn a lesson with people voting with their wallets.

I agree that the Sierra Denali/AT4 is my second choice as well but right now I'm definitely considering it as FCA is way behind on the incentives games and Chevy/GMC already took 2nd place back from Ram in sales so I don't get FCA's strategy here at all. Even Ford has double the incentives vs. Ram here in TX. They are also offering 0/72 for 2020 F-150s but Ram has nada on the financing front. They are in their own little bubble right now.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
With Q2 sales number out this week it will be interesting to see how the rebates develop for the rest of the year.

RAM sales are at 117448 (https://www.autoblog.com/press-releases/fca-us-reports-second-quarter-2020-sales_23622/)
vs
Silverado at 122432 (https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/07/gm-sales-figures-numbers-results-united-states-q2-2020/).

So RAM is down about 5k in Q2 to chevy and they were down about 16k in Q1. If they have a strong backlog of orders, or guaranteed production for the next month or two to refill dealer lots (dealer orders) then I would not expect rebates to improve. Once dealer levels are where they want them and they need to start pushing sales, instead of just taking what comes their way, prices may improve. I'm curious because RAM is known to have the best interior currently which can be a major selling point. With new F150 interior and the expected improvements to the GM interiors they may lose that competitive advantage. You would think they would want to capitalize on the advantage now while they can, otherwise it will have to be a price war once the playing field gets leveled.

My 2cents, wait. As economy improves, things should get better but we'll have to wait a couple more months. I'm still waiting to see if RAM releases some improvements on 2021 (aside from TRX) which will keep the RAM competitive with others on tech for the next year. F150 added a few cool gimmicks that RAM may be able to match without too much effort (ie. propower).

This is hard cause I'm in the market, but the prices have gotten worse and availability is horrible right now. I'm hoping I can wait till the end of the year, but it will depend on business travel needs. So, fingers crossed, I'm going to keep waiting.

TheCloudX

Reaction score
So far the dealers are still playing hardball. 10k off seems to be the magic number, even on carry over 2019's. Literally just got off the phone with a dealer who wanted to only take 10k off a 2019 that's been on his lot for at least a year. Had similar, if not better, quotes for 2020's. Thinking Jeepdinger may be right, waiting may be the best option.

Computech1

Reaction score
My deal fell through yesterday. After looking at Tacoma Limiteds and driving all the other brands, nothing compared to the last truck I drove. It was a 2020 Laramie, EcoDiesel, Offroad package. It was so smooth, road better than any previous vehicle I have driven before. The deal was worked and being finalized. I was receiving a deep discount from one manager and my sales girl because all special interest rates are now gone and we had been emailing for a few days, building some trust. They promised a deep discount and did just that. The first manager who discounted the truck was a female. Very good to deal with. The second manager was a fella, a jerk, who stopped the deal. He would not sell the truck at any discounted price other than the factory rebate. Stated they are in demand and selling well. Tempted to go with a Toyota Tacoma limited and call it a day. My rant is over now.

BowDown

Reaction score
So far the dealers are still playing hardball. 10k off seems to be the magic number, even on carry over 2019's. Literally just got off the phone with a dealer who wanted to only take 10k off a 2019 that's been on his lot for at least a year. Had similar, if not better, quotes for 2020's. Thinking Jeepdinger may be right, waiting may be the best option.

That's the stupidity in this, all the trucks I'm looking at, limiteds, have been on dealer lots for 260+ days. That's September to October of LAST YEAR!
What the hell are you waiting for, 2021 so you can have year old trucks on the lot? At this point I'm really out on existing trucks that have been sitting that long because August will be here in a flash then 2021's are in production if not sooner.
By September, 2021's should start hitting dealer lots so unless they bring back truck month type incentives, I'll be waiting for a 2021. There's no reason to buy a 20 at this point and what's worse, I doubt the leftover 20's get discounted much once the 21's arrive or 2021 itself arrives.

The logic FCA is displaying here is stupifying especially with the release of the new F150 which is sure to take some sales away.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
That's the stupidity in this, all the trucks I'm looking at, limiteds, have been on dealer lots for 260+ days. That's September to October of LAST YEAR!
What the hell are you waiting for, 2021 so you can have year old trucks on the lot? At this point I'm really out on existing trucks that have been sitting that long because August will be here in a flash then 2021's are in production if not sooner.
By September, 2021's should start hitting dealer lots so unless they bring back truck month type incentives, I'll be waiting for a 2021. There's no reason to buy a 20 at this point and what's worse, I doubt the leftover 20's get discounted much once the 21's arrive or 2021 itself arrives.

The logic FCA is displaying here is stupifying especially with the release of the new F150 which is sure to take some sales away.
I mostly agree unless there is any truth to the fear that Covid trucks will have build quality issues from either the suppliers or assembly process. For those buying a truck that's been sitting forever, make sure to check closely for damage like hail and lot rot like warped brake rotors.

The Critic

Reaction score
I mostly agree unless there is any truth to the fear that Covid trucks will have build quality issues from either the suppliers or assembly process. For those buying a truck that's been sitting forever, make sure to check closely for damage like hail and lot rot like warped brake rotors.

Water spotting/etching as well. My truck only sat for 10 weeks (it was delivered to the dealer in late March/early April) and both the hood and roof have a lot of water staining. I had to polish the truck extensively before installing PPF and ceramic coating.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Water spotting/etching as well. My truck only sat for 10 weeks (it was delivered to the dealer in late March/early April) and both the hood and roof have a lot of water staining. I had to polish the truck extensively before installing PPF and ceramic coating.
Good point. Also, check for halo marks or swirl marks from the sometimes over-aggressive vehicle prep process before they deliver it to you.

The Critic

Reaction score
Good point. Also, check for halo marks or swirl marks from the sometimes over-aggressive vehicle prep process before they deliver it to you.

Agreed. I highly recommend having them skip the prep altogether.

BowDown

Reaction score
It shows $2000 incentives (including $500 Chrysler Capital) on 4x4 Limiteds, Longhorns and Rebels which was the same thing it was in June.

Must have recently updated, at noon it was $500 and the dealers I've been watching reflected that

BowDown

Reaction score

I'm more concerned about mechanicals like brake and power steering fluids which absorb moisture and oil and trans fluid which can turn caustic without being brought to operating temps and sustained for a period of time to burn containments out and with people doing test drives, that's not happening.

The paint is a concern but I detail cars for a hobby so that's no issue and would do paint correction anyway before PPF on the front and ceramic coating.

IMG901053532520389917.jpg IMG3989714586990888469.jpg IMG4913863585686796933.jpg

Clean13

Reaction score
Sorry for an obvious question (I searched the forums but couldn't find an answer): a lot of the rebates seem to heavily consider the zip code entered into the Ram site. Is eligibility for a rebate dependent on the location of the dealership or your home address?

Users who are viewing this thread