5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I leave in Texas. What should I be trying to get at off a 2020 Laramie MRSP: $52855? Truck is a demo it has 5k miles on it. So I told the salesman i wanted to be at $38000. Is that a good deal or should i try to get more off?
I would try for 30% off due to the miles. Zero miles and I'd shoot for 25% off.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
I would try for 30% off due to the miles. Zero miles and I'd shoot for 25% off.
I should add that even at 25% to 30% I'd still want a favorable trade-in and financing offer, if applicable. I'd also be paranoid about looking for any damage. 5,000 demo miles is significant, in my opinion.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a nice looking setup. Only problem may be the compatibility with the 4 corner air suspension that comes standard on the limited’s. I’m sure it can be done as I believe I’ve read or seen it maybe on here, but not sure it’s as easy as doing it with the standard suspension.

I may be mistaken though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up some posts on the air suspension links. I’m not as familiar, but I think the level/lift can be done easier on air ride. Definitely something to be sure of before you commit to a purchase.

artu4bbk

Reaction score
I should add that even at 25% to 30% I'd still want a favorable trade-in and financing offer, if applicable. I'd also be paranoid about looking for any damage. 5,000 demo miles is significant, in my opinion.
So your saying i should try to be at about $37,000 plus ttl?
does anyone have a purchase order they can share to show this dealer? They said they would give me another $1000 if i could prove that ppl have been getting 30% off

Granite2WD

Reaction score
does anyone have a purchase order they can share to show this dealer? They said they would give me another $1000 if i could prove that ppl have been getting 30% off
There was a poster not too long ago in this thread that bought a more expensive Ram at 30% off. It's common for zero mile trucks in your vehicle's price range to sell for 20 to 25% off. Combined with 5,000 demo miles, I think 30% is a fair target.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
I didn't see any limited's with the off road package that had the 33's like he Rebel does. They were lifted but still had the low profile 55 series tires/rims. I didn't see the tires as part of the package either. Have you seen something different?

The official listing for the Limited Off Road Package is having 275/55R20 OWL All-Terrain Tires. Not as aggressive as the Rebel but not not regular street 55 tires either.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Yes, but the purchase price is just one part of the sale. Are you financing? What is their finance offer? Trade-in? Extended warranty?

artu4bbk

Reaction score
Yes, but the purchase price is just one part of the sale. Are you financing? What is their finance offer? Trade-in? Extended warranty?
We haven't gotten to that part. I have a 800+ credit score i should get the best thats my guess. I will try trade in after we agree on price. No extended warranty? Might get gap with progressive insurance

Granite2WD

Reaction score
We haven't gotten to that part. I have a 800+ credit score i should get the best thats my guess. I will try trade in after we agree on price. No extended warranty? Might get gap with progressive insurance
If you have great credit, I would agree to finance through their BS marked-up financing as long as the purchase price is around 37 and trade-in is what you want. Then refinance right after purchase.

They are going to try and make money on the purchase price, finance, trade-in and gap and extended warranty if you go through them.

I personally negotiate everything at once because one without the other is a waste of time. They aren't going to agree to a purchase price and then offer an awesome trade-in and then great financing. Might as well paint the whole picture. Their trade-in might be so bad or so good that it makes or breaks the deal, regardless of the purchase price.

When it gets to the end and they don't want to budge but you feel a deal is close, that's when you can ask for things at cost like GAP or extended warranty.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Would you happen to have a purchase order to show my dealer of your discounts?
This is going down a rabbit hole. The dealership can say things like different rebates are applicable based on time or region of purchase, trade in and financing aren't apples to apples.

The fastest and most pain-free way to get a great deal is to have current and competing offers from local dealerships on comparable trucks.

Get a signed four square from a few dealerships that are close enough to not like each other and let them compete. If it doesn't get results locally, expand your search area.

Unless someone has the exact truck you want, then it gets more complicated. But if you are just after a deal, you need to turn dealerships against each other and if you can wait until the end of a month/quarter, that will help.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Yeah not with Craig from Koons.
They're extremely deceptive. Read a few pages back.
I'm not sure why you said that either. I remember reading they won't lock in the 8% under invoice with the 0% financing, but would lock in the 0% with 5% under invoice. but they said that upfront. I guess that's their policy which is within their rights. As long as they tell you beforehand I don't see how that's deceptive. They don't lock in the FCA rebates either when ordering, you get whatever rebates are available upon delivery. Seems fair to me.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I leave in Texas. What should I be trying to get at off a 2020 Laramie MRSP: $52855? Truck is a demo it has 5k miles on it. So I told the salesman i wanted to be at $38000. Is that a good deal or should i try to get more off?
With 5K on a 2020 i would check the truck history to ensure it wasn't previously sold then bought back due to issues. That is a lot of miles for a truck recently released.

artu4bbk

Reaction score
This is going down a rabbit hole. The dealership can say things like different rebates are applicable based on time or region of purchase, trade in and financing aren't apples to apples.

The fastest and most pain-free way to get a great deal is to have current and competing offers from local dealerships on comparable trucks.

Get a signed four square from a few dealerships that are close enough to not like each other and let them compete. If it doesn't get results locally, expand your search area.

Unless someone has the exact truck you want, then it gets more complicated. But if you are just after a deal, you need to turn dealerships against each other and if you can wait until the end of a month/quarter, that will help.
I can wait no hurry.

sledz

Reaction score
Wish I would have found this thread earlier I would be driving a new truck right now because the big rebates/incentives are gone from the dealers I was working with last week. Knowing what they were makes it a bit hard to spend more now, so for now I'll keep driving my 2001.. even though I really don't have anywhere to go..

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Wish I would have found this thread earlier I would be driving a new truck right now because the big rebates/incentives are gone from the dealers I was working with last week. Knowing what they were makes it a bit hard to spend more now, so for now I'll keep driving my 2001.. even though I really don't have anywhere to go..

Like Arnuld, "They'll be back".

Murdock

Reaction score
IMO, I wouldn’t make a decision based on wheels/tires. You can lift a limited and put on Rebel takeoffs... and those black package wheels/tires will sell for a pretty penny to boot.

I lifted my Laramie for $230 for front shocks, and put Rebel takeoffs on, even made some extra off of selling my stock Laramie wheels.
fb6cfd9730c9f17cd2b64186f6eb60e1.jpg
that looks damn good

Users who are viewing this thread