5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Gitter

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s opinion on this I can get 8k off on a dealer discount Laramie and the 0% for 84 and the no payments for 90 days deal. Or do I take the chance and the gamble that April will be better and still have the 0%? Thanks

I'd wait for April.

Considering that things have not gotten any better over the past couple weeks (they've gotten worse), I can't see them taking away the 0% for 84 mo option. The dealer discount will likely remain the same was well.

The only thing that "might" change is the incentives...many are hoping that they'll start including some incentives with a longer 0% interest rate period.

shyam

Reaction score
I'd wait for April.

Considering that things have not gotten any better over the past couple weeks (they've gotten worse), I can't see them taking away the 0% for 84 mo option. The dealer discount will likely remain the same was well.

The only thing that "might" change is the incentives...many are hoping that they'll start including some incentives with a longer 0% interest rate period.
Shouldn't the other thing to consider is vehicle manufacturing is stopped and there is going to be shortage on inventory? Wouldn't that make the dealer reduce their discount or stay firm on their price?

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Been watching this thread for a while now. I'm in NC and have been looking around for a well equipped Rebel that is not black. A couple have sold at local my dealer that were not were I wanted them to be. Another dealer in Alabama I was monitoring just today took away most of their "dealer discount". I was watching a couple of Rebels on their site and today their prices magically went up $5000. The dealer discount is now only about $500 to $600 plus incentives.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s opinion on this I can get 8k off on a dealer discount Laramie and the 0% for 84 and the no payments for 90 days deal. Or do I take the chance and the gamble that April will be better and still have the 0%? Thanks

any trade involved?

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Been watching this thread for a while now. I'm in NC and have been looking around for a well equipped Rebel that is not black. A couple have sold at local my dealer that were not were I wanted them to be. Another dealer in Alabama I was monitoring just today took away most of their "dealer discount". I was watching a couple of Rebels on their site and today their prices magically went up $5000. The dealer discount is now only about $500 to $600 plus incentives.

interesting, and you know they know what the april incentives already are, they prob didnt make number and are just waiting to see what april business is like before putting dealer discounts back on, how many rams do they have on their lot

sounds like with this info rebates are going to be better, so much for truck month ram..............

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Shouldn't the other thing to consider is vehicle manufacturing is stopped and there is going to be shortage on inventory? Wouldn't that make the dealer reduce their discount or stay firm on their price?

not with sales 60 percent down already, they better try and move what they can, shortage of inventory will also be short of buyers, supply vs demand

shyam

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this for Bighorn 1500, Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group + Built to serve:

MSRP: $51520
Rebate + dealer Discount: $13,510.50
Dealer fees: $626.20
Taxes: $2308.33
Total OTD: $40,944.03

Getting financing for 60 months @ 2.49% at a local credit union.

John Jensen

Reaction score
In my opinion, it will not be "April will be better and still have the 0%?. Hell, they may have better incentives and drop the 0%. Everyone says the dealers are hurting, they may not be - not having to pay a payroll is a big expense gone. Not sure what FCA's position is but their major expenses are also at a standstill. It will be interesting to see what the next few months bring.

I could be big-time wrong. I hope so as I am hoping like everyone else. My truck is ready to ship, when it arrives I too would like great incentives and 0%.

John Jensen

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this for Bighorn 1500, Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group + Built to serve:

MSRP: $51520
Rebate + dealer Discount: $13,510.50
Dealer fees: $626.20
Taxes: $2308.33
Total OTD: $40,944.03

Getting financing for 60 months @ 2.49% at a local credit union.
26% discount! Fantastic! They must be hurting. Go for it!

Vols1018

Reaction score
I read that the manufactures are saying they will start back up in April regardless of what the Federal government does. The government is pushing for the states to prevent it but I don't see that happening, as some states consider that industry essential. The Mexico plant will most likely definitely reopen. We will see about the upcoming incentives, there will be a lot of trucks purchased if they do add the incentives with the financing.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
two more days folks.... let’s see them sales big 3.

us current owners are going to get molly whopped on trade values though if they get too wild with cash rebates. Not looking forward to hearing 35-36 offers lol.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
In my opinion, it will not be "April will be better and still have the 0%?. Hell, they may have better incentives and drop the 0%. Everyone says the dealers are hurting, they may not be - not having to pay a payroll is a big expense gone. Not sure what FCA's position is but their major expenses are also at a standstill. It will be interesting to see what the next few months bring.

I could be big-time wrong. I hope so as I am hoping like everyone else. My truck is ready to ship, when it arrives I too would like great incentives and 0%.

the 0 percent will continue, not sure how much you think there is in payroll when most salesman and people in the business are commission based, the service departments are still operating

when car sales are down 60 percent the whole industry is shaken, they will need stimulus to recover, you may see prices increase in the beginning of april bc dealers may test the market, but when they see what is going on they will come back down to reality like always

Roddog2220

Reaction score
here is the reality folks, these 60-70k trucks are marked up so much of course they have to discount them back to reality, i sell real estate for a living and I am blown away that people might invest in a 50k truck but not a 150k home, its always about supply vs demand with these cars, it is 100 billion dollar industry and they will do what it takes to move this inventory

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here is the reality folks, these 60-70k trucks are marked up so much of course they have to discount them back to reality, i sell real estate for a living and I am blown away that people might invest in a 50k truck but not a 150k home, its always about supply vs demand with these cars, it is 100 billion dollar industry and they will do what it takes to move this inventory

Yep. They make about 15-20k on these loaded up trucks. I’ve seen it said that GM makes as much as 27k on a single truck sale. Gross profits but none the less. They want their money and they have the overhead to reduce the price significantly and the overall volume of sales to support it.

Last edited:

antwon412

Reaction score
Put a hold payment down on a pretty loaded Rebel. MSRP is about $62k. Got them down to $50k plus TTL so I’m OTD about $55k.
I’m happy with the deal. Could I save a bit more in a month or two? Perhaps. But I recently suffered the loss of my wife and frankly I look forward to treating myself to a new truck. My perception on life has changed greatly. I’m only 40. Realized life can change in an instant. I can afford it so why not.
White. 4x4. Hemi. Rebel 12. Pano Sunroof. Pretty much everything besides the air suspension, multi function tailgate and ram boxes. All 3 things I did not want.
I’m looking forward to finishing the paperwork tomorrow.

Last edited:

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Put a hold payment down on a pretty loaded Rebel. MSRP is about $62k. Got them down to $50k plus TTL so I’m OTD about $55k.
I’m happy with the deal. Could I save a bit more in a month or two? Perhaps. But I recently suffered the loss of my wife and frankly I look forward to treating myself to a new truck. My perception on life has changed greatly. I’m only 40. Realized life can change in an instant. I can afford it so why not.
White. 4x4. Hemi. Rebel 12. Pano Sunroof. Pretty much everything besides the air suspension, multi function tailgate and ram boxes. All 3 things I did not want.
a Looking forward to finishing the paperwork tomorrow.

Jesus man I am sorry for your loss. Life is short friend. Get that truck and enjoy it. I will admit the 12 and pano changed my entire outlook of trucks coming from a chevy guy. You will love it.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
interesting, and you know they know what the april incentives already are, they prob didnt make number and are just waiting to see what april business is like before putting dealer discounts back on, how many rams do they have on their lot

sounds like with this info rebates are going to be better, so much for truck month ram..............
Looks like the dealer in Alabama only has about 4 on their lot. It is a pretty high price truck for the area, which makes it a little strange that they would raise the price 2 days before end of month/quarter. It may be what you suggest that they are testing the waters for "panic" buyers. I'll check back when April incentives are unveiled.

My local dealer had 7 Rebels at the beginning of the month but they sold the two I was looking at - one had Telematics on it and they wouldn't delete or split the $800 cost and the other did not have some of the options I wanted, so there are some buyers out there. A couple of other dealers in my area with 6 to 10 Rebels a the beginning of March still have the same amount, and all have somewhat similar discounts.

Yep. They make about 15-20k on these loaded up trucks. I’ve seen it said that GM makes as much as 27k on a single truck sale. Gross profits but none the less. They want their money and they have the overhead to reduce the price significantly and the overall volume of sales to support it.

us current owners are going to get molly whopped on trade values though if they get too wild with cash rebates. Not looking forward to hearing 35-36 offers lol.

Also, as you point out, manufacturers have a high profit margin on these trucks, which they count on to basically subsidize some of their other product lines. Dealers have to cover the vig on their floorplans. But with predictions of high unemployment (15 to 30%), I wonder how long dealers can hold on to any inventory with dwindling sales before any stimulus or bailouts are paid? Since these are tangible assets that both manufacturers and dealers have to sell for some profit, if production does ramp up (virus and resulting unemployment be damned) but demand is very low, what kind of incentives will manufacturers offer to help move the inventory that will pile up on their lots when no one is buying? What is the break point that manufacturers and dealers will reach? Can we get $20k in options at the base MSRP price?

I'm wondering what the used market will look like when current owners who need to sell are under water compared to the new inventory is languishing on lots if no one is buying, even if new incentives are high.

Users who are viewing this thread