5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RJS

Reaction score
Let's not get all carried away with when the auto companies want to start production as they still need folks to assemble them and supply parts. What will hold them back until the goverment gives the all clear is the issue with spreading more virus among the communities. Assembling respirators is a long way from assembling trucks personnel wise.
This will take a while.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Put a hold payment down on a pretty loaded Rebel. MSRP is about $62k. Got them down to $50k plus TTL so I’m OTD about $55k.
I’m happy with the deal. Could I save a bit more in a month or two? Perhaps. But I recently suffered the loss of my wife and frankly I look forward to treating myself to a new truck. My perception on life has changed greatly. I’m only 40. Realized life can change in an instant. I can afford it so why not.
White. 4x4. Hemi. Rebel 12. Pano Sunroof. Pretty much everything besides the air suspension, multi function tailgate and ram boxes. All 3 things I did not want.
I’m looking forward to finishing the paperwork tomorrow.
I can empathize with you. Lost my wife of 55 years 10 years ago and I still suffer from it.
Treat yourself for sure, she'll be glad you can.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
"Did you purchase already?
xxxxxxxxxxx
Sales Director"

"No, just sitting back looking at the market. Vehicle sales down 60 percent across the board. A ton of vehicles sitting on trains in remote locations with no place to be delivered. I can buy at anytime, but I know April incentives will do nothing but get better.
How was your month?"

i call this the end of the month hunger games addition, let the fun begin

ktl5005

Reaction score
I found the truck I want and if FCA does 0% for 84 combined with all current incentives i will buy it We’d morning. Fingers crossed!
I am in the same club. Been looking at a Ram to go to from a Grand Cherokee, but holding out for the best deals. Interested to see what they do. 0% for 84 AND incentives would be killer deal. Unforutanely nowhere currently to buy in PA as all car showrooms are closed, and likely for the month.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I am in the same club. Been looking at a Ram to go to from a Grand Cherokee, but holding out for the best deals. Interested to see what they do. 0% for 84 AND incentives would be killer deal. Unforutanely nowhere currently to buy in PA as all car showrooms are closed, and likely for the month.

showrooms are closed but are you sure they arent working deals on the phone or appt only? that what they are doing in texas

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
showrooms are closed but are you sure they arent working deals on the phone or appt only? that what they are doing in texas
That's what they are doing here in Anchorage Alaska too. I just traded my 2019 Limited for a 2020 Limited. Sticker was $67k and I got over 12k off sticker. They are letting me wait until tomorrow to see if the rebates get better, if so they'll give me those instead. I got $47,500 for my trade so it was a good deal.

Wrecktal

Reaction score
So my truck is here. They're telling me that the 84 month 0 percent financing ends today. How accurate is that?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my truck is here. They're telling me that the 84 month 0 percent financing ends today. How accurate is that?

It does end today as all incentives will end at some point. I can't imagine that it won't be available next month though.

Attachments

• EE91E8EF-A218-4AEC-9629-28C815DD27F6.jpeg
    EE91E8EF-A218-4AEC-9629-28C815DD27F6.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 42

Icecoldak

Reaction score
That's what they are doing here in Anchorage Alaska too. I just traded my 2019 Limited for a 2020 Limited. Sticker was $67k and I got over 12k off sticker. They are letting me wait until tomorrow to see if the rebates get better, if so they'll give me those instead. I got $47,500 for my trade so it was a good deal.

What made you trade for a 2020---you said your 19 was doing well? Who did you buy from, Lithia or Anchorage Dodge

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What made you trade for a 2020---you said your 19 was doing well? Who did you buy from, Lithia or Anchorage Dodge
Yeah it was a great truck! Just wanted a new color both in and out and the deal was really good. Bought from Lithia.

ItsRainingLead

Reaction score
I'm working on moving from a 2018 King Ranch F150 to a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited w/ Black Appearance.

Dealers so far -

MSRP 64-66k
3 5.7, 1 diesel - some with or without sunroofs and one without the multi-function tailgate, all are 2wd with limited slips.
After discounts/rebates - 47.5k
Trade offers are all similar but trying to get them to do a bit better.
None will combine the 7500 rebate with the 0%/84mo.

Essentially going from my 2018 w/ 29k miles to a new truck for <10k to me. Not in a hurry. They all say they are busy. Dunno if I want the diesel, it's gen 3 but I've heard not great things about gen 2.

Wrecktal

Reaction score
I'm in anchorage as well. Lithia. So they will give you whatever incentives are better? Mines telling me that its a gamble.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in anchorage as well. Lithia. So they will give you whatever incentives are better? Mines telling me that its a gamble.

Every deal is different, I'm sure it varies day to day depending on the market, inventory, your type of trade if any etc.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
nothing is guaranteed but these killer deals may not be available in the beginning of april but they sure as heck will be by the end, and the 0 percent will continue just not sure about rebates, this is a truck war

Wrecktal

Reaction score
Every deal is different, I'm sure it varies day to day depending on the market, inventory, your type of trade if any etc.
I ordered the truck. No trade. Got here today. You said you would be going in tomorrow and they would do whichever rebates were better for you? Mines telling me that it's a take it or leave it type deal. One or the other. Would obviously rather have the flexibility. Which dealership are you working with?

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
nothing is guaranteed but these killer deals may not be available in the beginning of april but they sure as heck will be by the end, and the 0 percent will continue just not sure about rebates, this is a truck war

It's not entirely clear that will be the case...in fact it could be the opposite.

There's going to be a lot (not everyone for sure) of people guaranteed employment via the stimulus through September. There are going to be a lot of people getting $2-4k of free money from the government looking to spend. Some places will start seeing dramatic improvement in lowering covid infections by end of april and the country will start re-opening.

Combine that with people literally sitting at home not spending money who did keep their jobs and are not the lower 1/2 of the economy, there's a case to be made this is not fire sale month.

If you look at China, they're only now starting to see the economic impact from their lockdown. And it's mortifying. Anyone not super stable in their situation (IMO) shouldn't be out looking for a new truck or deal now. The late summer and early fall will tell the tale. The country's economy will have a very hard time with 2.0 of this quarantine and that's where there'll be panic and carnage.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
"Did you purchase already?
xxxxxxxxxxx
Sales Director"

"No, just sitting back looking at the market. Vehicle sales down 60 percent across the board. A ton of vehicles sitting on trains in remote locations with no place to be delivered. I can buy at anytime, but I know April incentives will do nothing but get better.
How was your month?"

i call this the end of the month hunger games addition, let the fun begin
Thats great RD, just tape record it...

ktl5005

Reaction score
Negative ghost rider. You can talk to them by email/phone as they might be working from home but in PA car sales considered non-essential and shut down for the month.

Users who are viewing this thread