5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Bulldog1337

Reaction score
Can you post the rebates? Or better yet just the whole sales quote they sent?

I have not seen a complete detailed breakdown of any rebates or incentives.
Below is as detailed as they sent me via email.

"47184 sale price after rebates
2046 VA sales tax
65.75 VA tags/registration
49295.75 total"

Thank you all for the feedback. I guess I better get off my butt and go get a new truck.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on what I have read on this forum is others were getting 15% - 20% off MSRP. The discount is only about 10% off MSRP before rebates.

I think that’s a lot of fluff. 15 is A stretch, most the good deals are in the 12-13 range with 10-11 being the normal ‘decent deal’.

you got a lot of people posting here who dont understand how it works, and a lot of people posting about June deals when there were crazy rebates and people were seeing close to 30% in total.

plus if there’s a trade the whole thing can be skewed.

the dude above this just posted some crazy sounding numbers, but can’t supply any kind of quote. I’m not saying it’s a lie, but I am saying there’s no proof of said deal.

if you are wanting a good deal vs needing a truck, you should just wait until better rebates come along. unfortunately the rebel doesn’t usually get much.

Morenar

Reaction score
I think that’s a lot of fluff. 15 is A stretch, most the good deals are in the 12-13 range with 10-11 being the normal ‘decent deal’.

you got a lot of people posting here who dont understand how it works, and a lot of people posting about June deals when there were crazy rebates and people were seeing close to 30% in total.

the dude above this just posted some crazy sounding numbers, but can’t supply any kind of quote. I’m not saying it’s a lie, but I am saying there’s no proof of said deal.

if you are wanting a good deal vs needing a truck, you should just wait until better rebates come along. unfortunately the rebel doesn’t usually get much.
Thanks, Yeah, it's no rush and think better deals will come down the road.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I disagree with this, I think you can easily get more than 10% off and I’m happy to supply my actual itemized price sheet from my dealer for my truck. Go to a higher volume dealer if you’re having issues getting a fair deal

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ahh, makes more sense. But total off MSRP is really irrelevant because so much is dependent on rebates/trim. The only thing you can control is the dealers discount
Yeah you’re right with that, mine was on a Rebel for what it’s worth. The majority of my discount was from the dealer, the rebates only totaled 4K. It was sitting on the lot for a few months and they were a high volume dealer

Bulldog1337

Reaction score

FWIW I got boned by the dealer. The quote they emailed me was apparently a mix up the sales manager made (not even the sales rep I had been talking to) with some other model ad that was in the email chain. Feels a bit like a bait and switch. I think the revised quote came to something like 54k and change prior to tax title and tags. This was more of an informal negotiation in that it never got far enough to see a detailed breakdown of any rebates/incentives. I'm gonna try to hold out and hope they come down to around 51k pre tax title tags.

Grouper

Reaction score
...and I’m happy to supply my actual itemized price sheet from my dealer for my truck.
If everyone posted an actual itemized price sheet, this thread would be much more useful. It's obvious there will always be a difference in how people choose to interpret "out the door."

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If everyone posted an actual itemized price sheet, this thread would be much more useful. It's obvious there will always be a difference in how people choose to interpret "out the door."

Yea still wouldn’t be 100% clear on the ones with trades. Like my truck for example, 59k sticker with a 5800 dollar dealer discount. Not good right? Less than 10%. Expect I got 1k more on trade vs the other handful I had tried. So for me even though the dealer discount looked low on paper, the overall deal was actually like 1800 less than the second best deal I had worked up at another dealer. I was trying to get my dealer discount to 12-13%, they said no, but offered the extra trade value instead. So I got what I wanted in the end when looking at the whole picture.

and I think another thing is people are latching onto rebates that are no longer relevant. lets say they look like this super basic example here

January
1500 competitor trade in
1000 crew cab
2000 rebel rebate

February
2000 rebel rebate
500 bonus cash

Alright so you guy A goes in January, buys a 60k rebel with 10% dealer. So 54-4500 rebates for a total of $49500 before TTL.

Then guy B goes in February ana buys the same thing, 60k rebel with 10% dealer. So 54-2500 rebates for a total of $51500 before TTL.

who got the better deal? The answer is they got the same deal. Now, guy A did pay less money because the rebates were better at the time he purchased. But they both got the SAME deal. 10% off minus rebates. There’s NOTHING that guy B can do in February to get those rebates or anything that’s going to lower his total. (See exception)

If you are trying to get a ‘crazy’ deal like 25-30% off the MSRP in total, you are forced to wait until the rebates are there for what you are buying. You can’t just say JOECOOL123 got 30% off his limited so now anyone who doesn’t get that has been had. That’s not how it works. Timing is everything on OTD price you are going to pay, and it’s based on rebates.

Exception: This was a basic example, I just chose 10% for basic math. There is room to try and negotiate that number all the way to ~15% but very few places are going to play that game IMO, where 10-11% seems to be normal discount most places are doing. The bad dealers are down in the 5-7% range. It really depends on what trim it is though, the options installed (the more options, the more discount you will see typically), and so forth.

sorry for the long post, just trying to help anyone who is actually looking for assistance.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See attached. you can read it better if you view it on a computer, not sure why it looks so dumb viewing it on my iphone. Comes out to an 18.9% discount before trade and tax. Rebates were 4K

Attachments

• C54E2459-D298-46C2-9D41-E50B975094A8.jpeg
    C54E2459-D298-46C2-9D41-E50B975094A8.jpeg
    666.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See attached. you can read it better if you view it on a computer, not sure why it looks so dumb viewing it on my iphone. Comes out to an 18.9% discount before trade and tax. Rebates were 4K

That’s a great deal, looks like ~13.2% On the dealer discount before the rebates (y)

and 20% off total, before any TTL is added.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a great deal, looks like ~13.2% On the dealer discount before the rebates (y)

and 20% off total, before any TTL is added.
Thank you sir! Did all the negotiations through texting the sales manager, including my trade by just sending pics of it. Drove 2 hours to the dealer to sign paperwork and was on my way, no haggling at the dealer!

Users who are viewing this thread