5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

blue tom

Reaction score
LOL ahh good stuff.

“Where did you get that deal?”

“over here but you can’t get it”

Lol, fair enough. I guess I'm just trying to share a data point, in the spirit of this thread, but while still acknowledging that
a) my price seems like an outlier that could not be replicated by any of the other dealers (Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas) that I contacted; and
b) I can't really take credit for negotiating such an aggressive discount.

There's just got to be something about this truck. In the glovebox today, I found a sheet listing $1300 worth of dealer installed accessories (albeit, ridiculously overpriced accessories) that I also didn't pay for. I guess it had just been sitting on the lot long enough that they threw everything they had at it, and I was looking in the right place at the right time. So far, about 250 miles in, and I love it. What a truck.

rxit

Reaction score
Hey All, doing some shopping for a new 2020 RAM BigHorn CC , Night Edition, 5.7 NON -Etorque with Level 2 Equipment.
MSRP that I am seeing is 52k -53k. I am trying to negotiate with some dealers, however they are all pretty much at around 43-45 Sell price BEFORE taxes, Dealer fees etc.
This seems pretty high based on what I am seeing on this thread.. Are the rebates & incentives that bad right now? I was targeting a aprox 40K sell price without taxes, fess etc. am I being unrealistic? Maybe I just need to work on these guys up a bit more.... I'm in New England, in RI.

Not sure where you are but maybe this will help with your negotiations. Your price seems high to me.

RamFan2019

Reaction score
Not sure where you are but maybe this will help with your negotiations. Your price seems high to me.

I am in Rhode Island . Wow If I could get a similar deal in my area I would be signing the papers today.... I guess it just shows that it is possible.....

rxit

Reaction score
I am in Rhode Island . Wow If I could get a similar deal in my area I would be signing the papers today.... I guess it just shows that it is possible.....

Here are two in your rough proximity, i just picked a zip code in Rhode island at random and did a search using www.cars.com

The dealers are giving discounts that don't seem too bad. Maybe worth a look. Not the exact model you described, but the discounts are ball park enough that they may be worth talking to or searching their website for other deals.

Good luck with your search i hope this helps

RamFan2019

Reaction score

Here are two in your rough proximity, i just picked a zip code in Rhode island at random and did a search using www.cars.com

The dealers are giving discounts that don't seem too bad. Maybe worth a look. Not the exact model you described, but the discounts are ball park enough that they may be worth talking to or searching their website for other deals.

Good luck with your search i hope this helps

Thanks! At dealer now..... i am at about 22% off MSRP. I Think I am doing ok..

NJMyth

Reaction score
Looking at a 2020 Big Horn Crew Cab.

MSRP of 51,935
Dealer is down to 42,300 which includes all available rebates I qualify for. Tax, Title, fees are additional.

Good price or think I can get some more off?

yifa

Reaction score
Looking at a 2020 Big Horn Crew Cab.

MSRP of 51,935
Dealer is down to 42,300 which includes all available rebates I qualify for. Tax, Title, fees are additional.

Good price or think I can get some more off?
What is otd price? I got my rebel for 46k otd msrp is 53k but I have to finance through Chrysler 7% interest good thing is I can refinance in 3 months

Attachments

• 320E8D50-F14B-4B6B-A0A1-A01D137E0117.jpeg
    320E8D50-F14B-4B6B-A0A1-A01D137E0117.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 46

NJMyth

Reaction score
What is otd price? I got my rebel for 46k otd msrp is 53k but I have to finance through Chrysler 7% interest good thing is I can refinance in 3 months
OTD with tax, title, license will be just under 46k.
Really was hoping to get another 2k off, but don’t know if that is reasonable?

rxit

Reaction score
Seems like you should have another 2 or 3 k left to go based on what I see near me.

RamFan2019

Reaction score

Just signed papers today on a 2019 Bighorn CC, 4x4 5.7, Level 2 equip, etc.... MSRP was 52,100. I negotiated dealer to 39,900 ( not including, Tax, Title, fees) which included the $500 incentive for going with the FCA financing, which I think was 5.57% for 72 months. In the end I decided to give up the $500 to get a 3.50% interest rate through another lender the dealer had. I tried to negotiate on a 2020 that I really liked.... similar MSRP maybe a bit higher at $53k however dealer would not budge from $45k...

Seems if you can find a 2019 they are looking to move them... however the incentives on the 2020s seems to weak right now... at least in my General area which is MA & RI

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just signed papers today on a 2019 Bighorn CC, 4x4 5.7, Level 2 equip, etc.... MSRP was 52,100. I negotiated dealer to 39,900 ( not including, Tax, Title, fees) which included the $500 incentive for going with the FCA financing, which I think was 5.57% for 72 months. In the end I decided to give up the $500 to get a 3.50% interest rate through another lender the dealer had. I tried to negotiate on a 2020 that I really liked.... similar MSRP maybe a bit higher at $53k however dealer would not budge from $45k...

Seems if you can find a 2019 they are looking to move them... however the incentives on the 2020s seems to weak right now... at least in my General area which is MA & RI
Sounds like you did very good. Interested in your "fees". NYS limits doc fee to $75.00 I believe.

dixobr01

Reaction score
2020 1500 Limited Crew 5.7 e-Touque diamond black. Base $56,965 and with options $69,765. I paid $55,990.

I feel like I did well. What do you think?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 76

blue tom

Reaction score
2020 1500 Limited Crew 5.7 e-Touque diamond black. Base $56,965 and with options $69,765. I paid $55,990.
I feel like I did well. What do you think?

Well, if you bought it and you're happy with the deal, then it doesn't really matter what we think at this point, right? But yeah, any time you can drive home with 20% more cash in your pocket than what the sticker suggested you pay, I'd say you're doing just fine. Congrats on the new truck, and thanks for sharing in this thread.

blubyu

Reaction score
You can't compare OTD prices with different states, taxes are much different state to state. My OTD price will be much cheaper than most due to my state sales tax being capped at $500.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
I purchased my 2019 Rebel in October of 2019 in PA. I forget the exact rebates, but could do some digging.

MSRP: $55,560
Negotiated Price: $48,171
Net Trade Allowance: <$925>
"Manufacturer's Rebate": <$4,000>
Balance: $43,245
Taxes: $1,192
Fee's & GAP Ins.: $880
OTD Price: $45,317

If you don't include the GAP (approx $500) or my trade, the OTD price is approx 82% of sticker, which seems pretty reasonable. PA sales tax is @ 6%.

Last edited:

scRAMbled

Reaction score
Just picked up my first Ram after owning GM trucks for my whole life. I'm in south central PA. Grabbed a billet silver 2020 Ram 1500 CC with 6' 4" bed, Night package, level 2 equipment group. Sticker was $51,510 and got it down to $40,992. I also got a spray in bedliner and the Ram all weather floormats thrown in the deal at no charge. On top of that I got $24k for my trade ('15 Sierra SLT CC 5.3 1500 with 80k miles). They started at 21k for my trade and I walked away. Came up to 22k as I was walking out the door. Told them to call me when they were ready to deal and in the meantime I was going to visit other dealers. They called me the next day and offered 23k, I declined. The day after they offered 24k and I asked for the bedliner and mats and got them included. I think I got a pretty good deal. They also offered to sell me the Mopar 2" lift at employee pricing ($1165) but I declined because it was still more than what I've seen online.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up my first Ram after owning GM trucks for my whole life. I'm in south central PA. Grabbed a billet silver 2020 Ram 1500 CC with 6' 4" bed, Night package, level 2 equipment group. Sticker was $51,510 and got it down to $40,992. I also got a spray in bedliner and the Ram all weather floormats thrown in the deal at no charge. On top of that I got $24k for my trade ('15 Sierra SLT CC 5.3 1500 with 80k miles). They started at 21k for my trade and I walked away. Came up to 22k as I was walking out the door. Told them to call me when they were ready to deal and in the meantime I was going to visit other dealers. They called me the next day and offered 23k, I declined. The day after they offered 24k and I asked for the bedliner and mats and got them included. I think I got a pretty good deal. They also offered to sell me the Mopar 2" lift at employee pricing ($1165) but I declined because it was still more than what I've seen online.
That's a solid trade value, i got $24K for my 2016 ram 1500 big horn CC 5.7L with 55K miles on it.

Majortom

Reaction score
2020 1500 Longhorn 4x2 w/Rambox
Purchased 12/29
MSRP: $64,900
Cash price: $49,000 after “Employee Pricing” and rebates (inc truecar)
Dealer add-on items included paint/interior “protection package” and wheel locks. These were removed from the MSRP price.
No trade

Users who are viewing this thread