5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Amprice4

Reaction score
do you remember your salesman? I am in Sierra Vista and would drive up there for a good deal (trade in).
Trevor Reimer was my salesman. He is one of the internet managers. Super nice guy that was very knowledgeable about doing out of state deals and knew the Ram product line very well.
I also had a really good experience with Bill Luke in Phoenix when I bought my 2015 Ram new. I would have gone there again but they didn't have the particular truck I was looking for.

Vettnman

Reaction score
Bought it for 49k otd. 2020 12"uconnect, 4wd, black leather. 3:92 rear.

Attachments

• 20191212_201756.jpg
    20191212_201756.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 114

yifa

Reaction score
Bought this 2019 rebel today Msrp was 53k I paid 26k OTD with the trade in my 2017 Colorado crew cap it had 23k miles the dealer force me to finance with Chrysler 7% interest good things I can pay it off after 3 months . I love the truck but WTF the backup camera having problems after I drove the truck home......

Attachments

• 77CDCFF1-7719-4073-96FA-076B795CCE83.jpeg
    77CDCFF1-7719-4073-96FA-076B795CCE83.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 32A7DD59-F4C2-4C03-A526-69A164733A12.jpeg
    32A7DD59-F4C2-4C03-A526-69A164733A12.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 70
  • D26FD2F5-B1B4-4401-AE34-70837B259559.jpeg
    D26FD2F5-B1B4-4401-AE34-70837B259559.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 192D2E67-1CE8-4349-8326-82875F1B73DB.jpeg
    192D2E67-1CE8-4349-8326-82875F1B73DB.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 77

CKSlack

Reaction score
Another past Ford owner.
picked up a 2020 Black/Black Ltd. These were the options.
Special paint
3.0L Turbo Diesel
3.92 Real axle
Engine block heater
Bed utility Gp
Protection Gp
33 Gal fuel tank
22" wheels
Dual pane panoramic sunroof
Anti-spin real axle
Level 1 Equip Gp
Body color bumper Gp
Multi-function tailgate
RamBox Cargo Mgn system
Interated trailer brae control
Destination charge
MSRP 74,890
Dealer added Theft Deterrent 399
MFG discount (9,624)
2020 Retail Bonus cash discount (500)
2020 Chrysler capital bonus cash (500)
Current Ford owner discount (500)
Financing discount 36 mos 0% (1000)
without Tax. Lic/Title/Doc Fees adj price: 63,165
Added Allstate 10 yr extended warrantee 2,488

Hi 1JK,

This is the exact truck I ordered about a month ago... still waiting for her to show up. The only thing on your list I did not order was the body bumper color group... other than that same exact truck. Look forward to hearing your experiences with this one

Also I"m an ex-Ford guy... after several trucks over the past 40 years.... the last 3 King Ranches I had was the end of it for me....

All the best with the new truck ! ! !

CKSlack

Reaction score
Another past Ford owner.
picked up a 2020 Black/Black Ltd. These were the options.
Special paint
3.0L Turbo Diesel
3.92 Real axle
Engine block heater
Bed utility Gp
Protection Gp
33 Gal fuel tank
22" wheels
Dual pane panoramic sunroof
Anti-spin real axle
Level 1 Equip Gp
Body color bumper Gp
Multi-function tailgate
RamBox Cargo Mgn system
Interated trailer brae control
Destination charge
MSRP 74,890
Dealer added Theft Deterrent 399
MFG discount (9,624)
2020 Retail Bonus cash discount (500)
2020 Chrysler capital bonus cash (500)
Current Ford owner discount (500)
Financing discount 36 mos 0% (1000)
without Tax. Lic/Title/Doc Fees adj price: 63,165
Added Allstate 10 yr extended warrantee 2,488
Hi 1JK.... Can you tell me more about the Allstate ext warranty you added. Is this a 10yr on top of the factory 100k/5yr ?

Thx

1JK

Reaction score
Hi 1JK.... Can you tell me more about the Allstate ext warranty you added. Is this a 10yr on top of the factory 100k/5yr ?

Thx
Its actually 7 yr extension of the bumper 2 bumper warrantee that starts when the 3 year factory warrantee expires then runs for 7 more years or 100K miles. Its through Allstate and can be purchased after the sale but at a premium. I typically never buy something like this but with all the electronics and technology, ie; 12" display, I thought it was a good idea, and since I dont put on that many miles it will problably at least be good for a few years. I was told the standard full price was 3K. Its also transferable and can be turned in early for a prorated refund. thats my underatanding but I didnt read every fine print detail.

1JK

Reaction score
Hi 1JK,

This is the exact truck I ordered about a month ago... still waiting for her to show up. The only thing on your list I did not order was the body bumper color group... other than that same exact truck. Look forward to hearing your experiences with this one

Also I"m an ex-Ford guy... after several trucks over the past 40 years.... the last 3 King Ranches I had was the end of it for me....

All the best with the new truck ! ! !
Thanks CK, I had a number of Fords and enjoyed all of them. Selling my last one a 2006 F350 super duty. I was looking at a F150 diesel Platinum or something similar but started reading all good things about the RAM so thougth I would try one. So far so good a cool truck. Just ordered a RetraxPRO MX bed cover for it so hopefully it fits ok with the RamBox, Tie down rails and MF Tailgate. also have been looking for a mat to throw on top of the spray in liner. seems that the rubber mat from Home Depot for 50$ may be the best option. Bedrug has one for the RamBox and rails but doesnt work with the MF gate. Avg about 28.2 mpg on the 325 mi drive home from the dealership in 35F weather so it should improve some. I think I got a decent deal. Some seem a little better and some worse but I came out 18.5% off MSRP with 0% 36 mos. Ive done worse.

shackleford

Reaction score
Bought my truck today, it’s a 2019 Ram Laramie Sport. Sticker was 56955, I got a dealer discount of 6956 to bring it to 49999. Rebates/ employee pricing brought It down another 8625 to 41374. I used to have a 2010 big horn and I am blown away at how far these trucks have come.

Gary29

Reaction score
I was wondering how the employee pricing worked. My salesman called and said my 2020 Limited was ready for pick up this coming thursday. He basically said that the price we agreed upon when I ordered it was basically so good that it includes the employee pricing. However he said I do qualify for $1200 in incentives and rebates. This sounds questionable to me.:unsure: MSRP was $71,110 and we agreed upon $61,670 before TTL and destination charge. Now they will take off the $1,200 but add on the other fees. Any help or knowledge about this would be greatly appreciated!!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The way I’ve always experienced these deals is that the employee pricing IS the dealer discount. And then there’s only a few random rebates you can stack with it like military or what have you.

And this is the same thing they just told me days ago when I was looking at a 2500.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I was wondering how the employee pricing worked. My salesman called and said my 2020 Limited was ready for pick up this coming thursday. He basically said that the price we agreed upon when I ordered it was basically so good that it includes the employee pricing. However he said I do qualify for $1200 in incentives and rebates. This sounds questionable to me.:unsure: MSRP was $71,110 and we agreed upon $61,670 before TTL and destination charge. Now they will take off the $1,200 but add on the other fees. Any help or knowledge about this would be greatly appreciated!!
Go build your truck on the ram site. It'll show the EP right there. Those numbers sound about right.

CKSlack

Reaction score
Thanks CK, I had a number of Fords and enjoyed all of them. Selling my last one a 2006 F350 super duty. I was looking at a F150 diesel Platinum or something similar but started reading all good things about the RAM so thougth I would try one. So far so good a cool truck. Just ordered a RetraxPRO MX bed cover for it so hopefully it fits ok with the RamBox, Tie down rails and MF Tailgate. also have been looking for a mat to throw on top of the spray in liner. seems that the rubber mat from Home Depot for 50$ may be the best option. Bedrug has one for the RamBox and rails but doesnt work with the MF gate. Avg about 28.2 mpg on the 325 mi drive home from the dealership in 35F weather so it should improve some. I think I got a decent deal. Some seem a little better and some worse but I came out 18.5% off MSRP with 0% 36 mos. Ive done worse.
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.... I like the 0% for 36 months... was that through FCA?
MPG sound darn good for brand new and that should improve a bit... but 28mpg is really good on a full size truck any way ya slice it. I'll keep my eye out on RetraxPro installations.... I will have the ram boxes and already seen where some install some custom brackets up from to handle the MFT.

Best of luck with the new truck ! ! !

Gary29

Reaction score
Go build your truck on the ram site. It'll show the EP right there. Those numbers sound about right.
Thank you iamtheav8r! I did a build and it was real close .....couple hundred bucks, so good enough for me. My quote actually included the destination charge (my mistake above) (y)

1JK

Reaction score
I took delivery of a LTD a couple of weeks ago. MSRP was 74890 (incl 1695 destination). Emp Discount was 9624, cash incentives
2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1
Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5( Disclosure25)
2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA1( Disclosure26
totaled 2500. (I believe 500 of that was because I owned a Ford truck, and 1000 for financing which was 0% 36 mos., and 1000 other discount)
Live in MI purchased it in IA. Doc fee 179, lic/title 135. dealer put on Theft Deterrent for 399 (that one slipped by me but I believe there is a discount in insurance) and I purchased the 7 yr Allstate B2B extended warrantee for 2488.
other than tax those were all the fees and discounts.

1JK

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.... I like the 0% for 36 months... was that through FCA?
MPG sound darn good for brand new and that should improve a bit... but 28mpg is really good on a full size truck any way ya slice it. I'll keep my eye out on RetraxPro installations.... I will have the ram boxes and already seen where some install some custom brackets up from to handle the MFT.

Best of luck with the new truck ! ! !
Yes I believe it all came out to a 19.3% discount. I'll have the RetraxPRO MX on Tue. As far as I know additional brackets aren't required. Will know for sure soon.

Rablwo

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I wish i would have found this site a couple of weeks ago. There seems to be a wealth of information here. This thread in particular would have saved me a couple of weeks of work. But, alas, I was in lone ranger mode when I made my deal. I do think I could have done better if my requirements were not so specific. Required 4x4, Longhorn, Dark New Saddle Int, Advanced Safety Group, Level1 Upgrade, and RamBoxes. Deal killers were air ride or a V6. Since so few dealers have that truck on their lots, it is more difficult to have them compete against each other. But, I did okay and am happy with the deal. At least for now.

The MSRP was $69,435
The rebates I had to prove I qualified for were:
Conquest = 1,000 - proof of registration of competitor's truck
Chyr Credit = 500
Negotiated selling price was 53,605
TTL+Fees made it 57,467.28 Out the Door

I was at an 17.23% discount of MSRP OTD
excluding TTL+Fees which are regional in nature
It was 22.79% discount of MSRP Nego Selling Price.

I am sure the employee discount plus discount had a role. All manufactuers rebates do. But there is plenty of room to haggle with the dealer after the manufactuer's rebates are applied.

I bought my last new car in Jan 2014. It was a loaded Ram Sport. I was surprised at the difference in dealers behavior over that time. I was literally baited and switched with one dealership. Another had a $2,998 mandatory addendum on their truck. And would not budge a dollar from the price. Sales manager got red faced when i turned it down. His written offer though made it easier to get real dealers in line. His price, which was pretty good, became the new starting point for other dealers to start at.

Overall i talked to 5 dealerships within 150 miles that had minimum required equipment trucks. Made a total of 4 trips to dealerships and had to walk away from 3 of them. But, I finally got what I consider to be a good deal. Other dealerships were not interested in matching the deal I got. That is kind of when you know...

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I wish i would have found this site a couple of weeks ago. There seems to be a wealth of information here. This thread in particular would have saved me a couple of weeks of work. But, alas, I was in lone ranger mode when I made my deal. I do think I could have done better if my requirements were not so specific. Required 4x4, Longhorn, Dark New Saddle Int, Advanced Safety Group, Level1 Upgrade, and RamBoxes. Deal killers were air ride or a V6. Since so few dealers have that truck on their lots, it is more difficult to have them compete against each other. But, I did okay and am happy with the deal. At least for now.

The MSRP was $69,435
The rebates I had to prove I qualified for were:
Conquest = 1,000 - proof of registration of competitor's truck
Chyr Credit = 500
Negotiated selling price was 53,605
TTL+Fees made it 57,467.28 Out the Door

I was at an 17.23% discount of MSRP OTD
excluding TTL+Fees which are regional in nature
It was 22.79% discount of MSRP Nego Selling Price.

I am sure the employee discount plus discount had a role. All manufactuers rebates do. But there is plenty of room to haggle with the dealer after the manufactuer's rebates are applied.

I bought my last new car in Jan 2014. It was a loaded Ram Sport. I was surprised at the difference in dealers behavior over that time. I was literally baited and switched with one dealership. Another had a $2,998 mandatory addendum on their truck. And would not budge a dollar from the price. Sales manager got red faced when i turned it down. His written offer though made it easier to get real dealers in line. His price, which was pretty good, became the new starting point for other dealers to start at.

Overall i talked to 5 dealerships within 150 miles that had minimum required equipment trucks. Made a total of 4 trips to dealerships and had to walk away from 3 of them. But, I finally got what I consider to be a good deal. Other dealerships were not interested in matching the deal I got. That is kind of when you know...

I ran a dealership many years ago (I was everything from service writer to service manager to salesman to GSM) and I'm shocked at how the business has changed. Of the 3-4 dealerships I visited or contacted for information and pricing on a Ram, only one called me back within a week (followed up the next day). That dealer got my business. Since I bought my truck, one other dealer's salesman (I'm friends with the owner) called me back almost 2 weeks after he promised to. He was shocked that I'd bought a truck. I said..."You told me you'd call me on 11/26 to go over the new programs and discuss finding me a truck. You didn't do that. Another dealer did and I rewarded them with my business."

It used to be that a person visiting a dealership would buy a car within 72 hours 60% of the time or more. That may no longer be true, but it was with me and has been on my last 11 cars/trucks.

Scrambler

Reaction score
Its not often that I walk away from a car purchase thinking I got a great deal until now. Although I usually just purchase, I heard from 3 different friends about getting unreal deals by doing a lease purchase because somehow you qualify for more rebates. My credit union confirmed it was true. Started shopping for a V6 limited because of the positive reviews of the Pentestar motor on 5thgenrams. Between the model year end and employee pricing this is what I got:
2019 Ram Limited 1500, 4x4, V6 gas, level 1 package, limited slip differential, 22' tire/rim package, soft tonneau, mud flaps, bed rails, Delmonico red.
MSRP $64,315, selling price of $45,697 before my trade. Added up to about 29% off of MSRP. I couldn't be happier!

Compared to my 2017 Silverado, the Ram rides like a dream and seems like a decade ahead of the Chevy in every category of form fit and function. The V6 has a lot of giddy up in case you were wondering and the Level 1 package with the Harmon Kardon 900W stereo is absolutely exceptional! Its like a concert hall on wheels and that's not too far from the truth.

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
I placed an order with the dealer for following:

2020 Longhorn: ED with every option EXCEPT air-suspension, trailer tow-package (got trailer brake instead to keep surround cameras).
MSRP 72000 inclusive of destination charge

Price on order: 61700 (all incenstives included finance with FCA) plus taxes and reg

Approx 14% on order -Dealer said that if the incentives are better at the time of delivery they will give them to me, but in the same breathe also said its "highly unlikely" as we are anticipating those incentives anyway. I think there may be room to negotiate further, but in Mass, CT, RI area - with employee pricing going on , which every dealer claimed is NOT applicable to the Factory Order - noone was giving me better price other than above figure which I got from 2 dealers basically.

Any suggestions /comments ? Thanks

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ran a dealership many years ago (I was everything from service writer to service manager to salesman to GSM) and I'm shocked at how the business has changed. Of the 3-4 dealerships I visited or contacted for information and pricing on a Ram, only one called me back within a week (followed up the next day). That dealer got my business. Since I bought my truck, one other dealer's salesman (I'm friends with the owner) called me back almost 2 weeks after he promised to. He was shocked that I'd bought a truck. I said..."You told me you'd call me on 11/26 to go over the new programs and discuss finding me a truck. You didn't do that. Another dealer did and I rewarded them with my business."

It used to be that a person visiting a dealership would buy a car within 72 hours 60% of the time or more. That may no longer be true, but it was with me and has been on my last 11 cars/trucks.
Is it a sign of the times or sign of the business? I had similar experience.

Users who are viewing this thread