5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi All! New here. Picked up my 2020 Limited today. Did pretty well here in Ky. $71210 MSRP and did $54325 out the door with no trade. Love this truck. Got White ext, Black int., Ramboxes, multifunction tailgate, and all the Limited goodies.

Previous truck was '18 F150 Limited.
Another ex-Ford owner. Lots of us here!

K-Ram

Reaction score
Killer deal for sure---Did you sell your F-150 Limited straight out? That is what I have at the moment (18 Limited F-150) and I was thinking of making the switch as well, give me your opinion between the two-- eng, trans, ride ect..... if you will !

I did sell my F-150 straight out but had the dealer do the paperwork for $400. Don't forget you get the conquest cash for having the registration of the F-150. I would say that overall the trucks are both amazing. The Ram does really win in the interior, ride, and sound of engine. The Ecoboost is a beast and just plain moves as you know. The Hemi is throaty, sounds amazing, and is still quick but not turbo charged so you can feel the difference. The transmissions are both super smooth. I would say I like the gear shifter over the rotary knob but like the space the knob allows in the center console. Interior is hands down better in the Ram. I also have a 2007 1500 with the Hemi and have never had a problem with the engine so it gives me hope. The Ecoboost kept me a little nervous with the two turbos. I looked at the 2019-2020 F-150 but couldn't beat the deal or the amenities of the Ram. Good Luck!

Amprice4

Reaction score
About three weeks ago this is the deal that I got. I live in AZ but flew up to Las Vegas to get this particular truck due to specific options that I wanted.

2019 Rebel Crew Cab 2wd

52K Sticker
43,495 Selling price before rebates
9,000 rebates (USAA included)

Price paid $34,495 plus TTL

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About three weeks ago this is the deal that I got. I live in AZ but flew up to Las Vegas to get this particular truck due to specific options that I wanted.

2019 Rebel Crew Cab 2wd

52K Sticker

How is this one possible? 16% discount plus 9k rebate? Since when do they have 9k in rebates?

Amprice4

Reaction score
How is this one possible? 16% discount plus 9k rebate? Since when do they have 9k in rebates?
7500 rebate on Rebel 2wd
500 Chrysler capital rebate
1000 USAA member rebate

November was employee pricing then combined with a motivated high volume dealer got me to the price I paid.

They did hit me for some useless crap add ons but I had them throw in some mopar accessories (bed extender, hard folding tonneau cover) and had them pay for my flight.

Attachments

• ram Buyers order.jpg
    ram Buyers order.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 99
  • WindowStickerPDF.pdf
    92.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Alopez85

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this, can they do better? 2019 Laramie crew cab, $62,600 reduced to $50,195. When I called on it the salesman said “ok they are getting aggressive on this one for you @ $48900.” Not sure if that’s a good price or not but if not I may go after a 2020 big horn night edition. I’m in the 60544 zip code. Thanks again, you guys have all been a huge resource.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Look my Signature for truck trim
46K otd in California 8% sales tax and 700 dmv.
MSRP 53k

Amprice4

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this, can they do better? 2019 Laramie crew cab, $62,600 reduced to $50,195. When I called on it the salesman said “ok they are getting aggressive on this one for you @ $48900.” Not sure if that’s a good price or not but if not I may go after a 2020 big horn night edition. I’m in the 60544 zip code. Thanks again, you guys have all been a huge resource.
Seems like they might be bottomed out on that truck since there isn't a ton of rebate money on that trim. do you qualify for any other rebates (current truck owner? USAA member? Realtor?) if your household has a GM or Ford truck in it you can get an additional $1000. USAA gets you $1000. Realtor gets you $500.

Alopez85

Reaction score
Seems like they might be bottomed out on that truck since there isn't a ton of rebate money on that trim. do you qualify for any other rebates (current truck owner? USAA member? Realtor?) if your household has a GM or Ford truck in it you can get an additional $1000. USAA gets you $1000. Realtor gets you $500.

Unfortunately I won’t qualify for any of those, but I thought it was a good price. Would you guys be able to tell me about pricing I can expect or should be after on this one? I’m waiting on my salesman to check availability and come back with a number today. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 19F295CC-3CC8-4351-B1A3-4A9AC5C9176F.jpeg
    19F295CC-3CC8-4351-B1A3-4A9AC5C9176F.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 66

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the real numbers are usually this..... You can get a deal for 31% off MSRP which is where the dealer will not make any money, but the only reason they do this is for a vehicle they have trouble selling.

If you get more than 18% you got a great deal especially if it is on a desireable model that is easy for them to sell. Bigger discounts can always be had for 2WD, Long Bed, and lower trims.

RAM_newbie

Reaction score
Nice upgrade. What do you notice makes the RAM better? The 3.5 certainly had the power. (I had a 2.7)

I am still not use to the eTorque feature but that will come with time. Yes, the 3.5 eco was a great engine package but I am fine with the Hemi. I am not your typical truck owner. I do not really have a need for a truck, I just like trucks and would rather drive a truck. So I was not concerned with towing capacity or things like that. I moved up from a F-150 XLT to a Laramie and I cannot believe the difference in quality and features. I would say that the Laramie is better equipped than any package level Ford has right now.
Had the truck a few weeks now and no real complaints.

1JK

Reaction score
Another ex-Ford owner. Lots of us here!
Another past Ford owner.
picked up a 2020 Black/Black Ltd. These were the options.
Special paint
3.0L Turbo Diesel
3.92 Real axle
Engine block heater
Bed utility Gp
Protection Gp
33 Gal fuel tank
22" wheels
Dual pane panoramic sunroof
Anti-spin real axle
Level 1 Equip Gp
Body color bumper Gp
Multi-function tailgate
RamBox Cargo Mgn system
Interated trailer brae control
Destination charge
MSRP 74,890
Dealer added Theft Deterrent 399
MFG discount (9,624)
2020 Retail Bonus cash discount (500)
2020 Chrysler capital bonus cash (500)
Current Ford owner discount (500)
Financing discount 36 mos 0% (1000)
without Tax. Lic/Title/Doc Fees adj price: 63,165
Added Allstate 10 yr extended warrantee 2,488

Amprice4

Reaction score
Unfortunately I won’t qualify for any of those, but I thought it was a good price. Would you guys be able to tell me about pricing I can expect or should be after on this one? I’m waiting on my salesman to check availability and come back with a number today. Thanks again!
That's a very highly optioned Big Horn! They seem to be pretty good on price but if it were my decision, I'd go with the Laramie. The Laramie seems like the better value and should hold it's value a little better than the Big Horn. With the way the Laramie is priced you might be able to squeeze them for another 500-1000 but they have it priced pretty well for your region already.

Vettnman

Reaction score
I'll give yall the nitty gritty details tomorrow but I have an agreement on a 20 laramie with a sticker of 58k that I'm buying for 46k. Otd total cost will be 49k

Seabiscuit

Reaction score
There's some OK prices here in CA now on Laramie's and Big Horns. Do you think the prices/rebates are maxed for the month or maybe expect an end of the year push soon?

Preternatural

Reaction score

2019 Rebel Crew Cab 2wd

52K Sticker

do you remember your salesman? I am in Sierra Vista and would drive up there for a good deal (trade in).

Users who are viewing this thread