5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Skippymoon

Reaction score
Hi All! New here. Picked up my 2020 Limited today. Did pretty well here in Ky. $71210 MSRP and did $54325 out the door with no trade. Love this truck. Got White ext, Black int., Ramboxes, multifunction tailgate, and all the Limited goodies.

Previous truck was '18 F150 Limited.
That’s a great deal... about to pick up a 2020 1500 Laramie night edition pretty much optioned out msrp $64335 and have a deal OTD for $53000. Almost think a limited would be better but like the agressive look of the night edition in blk on blk. Thoughts ???

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I wish we could get 24% off up here. I feel like I got hosed.
My dealer worked great with me. I sold my car and paid them $400 to do paperwork and we used it as a trade 1st then completed paperwork for sale. So I actually only paid $10 in sales tax because of the trade tax incentive. So got right around 23% off the Ram
So is the this info incorrect for KY?

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 8.28.41 PM.png

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
That’s a great deal... about to pick up a 2020 1500 Laramie night edition pretty much optioned out msrp $64335 and have a deal OTD for $53000. Almost think a limited would be better but like the agressive look of the night edition in blk on blk. Thoughts ???
That's $7000 more than what he says he got. How can that be? Mine was $8000 more than his deal at employee pricing. I'm confused on how some claim they get $8K more off than someone else.

K-Ram

Reaction score
That's $7000 more than what he says he got. How can that be? Mine was $8000 more than his deal at employee pricing. I'm confused on how some claim they get $8K more off than someone else.

I did qualify for a lot of the incentives. The F150 got me the conquest cash, Realtor cash and Farm cash applied for me. The incentives made the biggest difference. I did the 0% for 36 months for the extra Chrysler capital cash too.

K-Ram

Reaction score

They even have one 2019 limited left and it's marked down to $49k. I was close to that one but really wanted Ramboxes and the eTorque.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I did qualify for a lot of the incentives. The F150 got me the conquest cash, Realtor cash and Farm cash applied for me. The incentives made the biggest difference. I did the 0% for 36 months for the extra Chrysler capital cash too.
Realtor cash? What's that?

Skippymoon

Reaction score
Your post is confusing me...you got $8k off on top of employee pricing ?

K-Ram

Reaction score
No...K-ram says he did. On a $72k truck, employee pricing is $62843. He says he paid $54K.

this is the truck I bought. The dealer lists the price that everyone in Ky qualifies for and then subtracts any that are limited to specific groups. As you can see it’s listed for $55,350 before ttl and any other incentives.

K-Ram

Reaction score
Wow ok! That’s nuts ... my deal compared to that is no good. I’ll try and get a Soft cover for the bed included

I honestly did what Pepper did on page 252 of this thread. He got a very similar deal out of Texas. The deals are out there you just have to find them.

Z28KID

Reaction score
Is this a good deal?

2020 Ram Limited MSRP 69770. I got them down to 57212.

I talked about a lease at first they wanted 850. Now they are down to 720 a month for 42 months with 12k miles with 2K down.

Can I talk them down on the lease more?

I did get another lease quote it was about 40$ higher.

Thanks

iamtheav8r

Reaction score

this is the truck I bought. The dealer lists the price that everyone in Ky qualifies for and then subtracts any that are limited to specific groups. As you can see it’s listed for $55,350 before ttl and any other incentives.
I don't doubt you..just pisses me off I paid $8K more. FCA won't get my money again I can promise you that.

K-Ram

Reaction score
I don't doubt you..just pisses me off I paid $8K more. FCA won't get my money again I can promise you that.

Its more your dealer than FCA But I get it. I read the last 30 days of this thread before I started negotiating and was surprised by the first dealer I started with At Oxmoor. I highly recommend them. They sod several Rams today while I was there.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m still a little confused by this, so they are doing employee pricing plus additional dealer discounting to get to this “13k for everyone” price? I thought that wasn’t possible?

Stasek

Reaction score
Is this a good deal?

2020 Ram Limited MSRP 69770. I got them down to 57212.

I talked about a lease at first they wanted 850. Now they are down to 720 a month for 42 months with 12k miles with 2K down.

Can I talk them down on the lease more?

I did get another lease quote it was about 40$ higher.

Thanks
What you need to find out is the RV/MF (from Edmunds forums). Compare the numbers to what the dealer is offering you. Also, try not to put ANY money down while leasing. While we’re at it - do you really want to lease for 42 months, when the b2b warranty is 36 months?

Icecoldak

Reaction score
Hi All! New here. Picked up my 2020 Limited today. Did pretty well here in Ky. $71210 MSRP and did $54325 out the door with no trade. Love this truck. Got White ext, Black int., Ramboxes, multifunction tailgate, and all the Limited goodies.

Previous truck was '18 F150 Limited.

Killer deal for sure---Did you sell your F-150 Limited straight out? That is what I have at the moment (18 Limited F-150) and I was thinking of making the switch as well, give me your opinion between the two-- eng, trans, ride ect..... if you will !

Users who are viewing this thread