5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

cash4trash

Reaction score
I found a dealership in NE Ohio that has 2 2019 Longhorns in stock with MSRP of 68,000-69,000 advertised for 51,500 (something like that). They seem pretty well loaded and the cars.com page for it says they only advertise rebates everyone can qualify for. I may be calling them this week to see what the actual deal is as I'm not up for that long of a drive just to leave empty handed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Hey Otter, Just got my 2019 Limited from 68,250 to 51,500 :D

mhoyt01

Reaction score
Hi @mhoyt01 -
I am about to order a new 2020 1500 and appreciate any wisdom you have from your experience. I am "midway" into the process. One dealer has priced the truck I was at $59 MSPR and said $52 (and figure out the rebates when it comes in). I called RAM tonight but the incentives department closes at 8pm EST. I assume this means, I will pay at most $52 and perhaps much less? The $7 discount is probably just dealer/regional discount at this point?

Also, how long did they tell you to build/deliver the truck? I was told 9-12 weeks (and he said, under promise and over-deliver).

Of course each deal is unique, but any thoughts or learnings you have are welcome!

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

I have attached my build sheet. Get one of these. I am paying 59,682 on a sticker of 68,125, or 12.3% off msrp, before rebates. The best deal I found was far away for 14.6% off and required I use chrysler cap to finance, my deal doesn't. Your deal is 11.8% off, round numbers, so you’re very close.

Matt

Attachments

• 117C353A-0553-40B5-A303-5A42C8D19885.jpeg
    117C353A-0553-40B5-A303-5A42C8D19885.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 122

dave-o

Reaction score
Dave,

I have attached my build sheet. Get one of these. I am paying 59,682 on a sticker of 68,125, or 12.3% off msrp, before rebates. The best deal I found was far away for 14.6% off and required I use chrysler cap to finance, my deal doesn't. Your deal is 11.8% off, round numbers, so you’re very close.

Matt
Thanks @mhoyt01
I am at 14.5% off MSRP with rebates. For factory order, I don't expect to do any better. I called FCA and discussed rebates. I can either use the ones applied ($2,500) or the ones available when I take delivery (if they are better).

Final hemming and hawing on my part is looking for 2019 Limited deeply discounted instead of ordering the 2020 Laramie. The one item I really worry about on the Limited is the power running boards (freezing, slow to deploy, filling up with slush + salt, etc.).

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They told you that you could use rebates now at time of order? They’ve never allowed me to do this but I’ve always wondered because ford does it this way.

dave-o

Reaction score
They told you that you could use rebates now at time of order? They’ve never allowed me to do this but I’ve always wondered because ford does it this way.
@SilverSurfer15 - yes. Call FCA incentives hotline and discuss it with them. Some dealers are dodgy about this (unsure why), but it is called Sold Order Protection. They will give you the rebate names, numbers, etc. Very helpful group. The phone number is 800-227-0757. Even if you ordered already, it should be made available to you. Call them again when your vehicle arrives and pick the best scenario for you! (not every rebate qualifies for Sales Order Protection, but they two large ones I am using do...and not all rebates work together...but they can explain it in the detail right for your situation).

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, this is actual useful info for this thread. Thanks! Now I have to watch for 2020s to be on sale so I can order a longhorn, and that will be your fault :LOL:

dave-o

Reaction score
Whew Lord!!! Where from!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have seem them around too. Look on cars.com which don't have to limit miles...you can find some amazing deals on the higher end 2019 models. I personally live with a lot of snow and slush, and have this phobia the power running boards will disappoint within 1-2 years.

cash4trash

Reaction score
I have seem them around too. Look on cars.com which don't have to limit miles...you can find some amazing deals on the higher end 2019 models. I personally live with a lot of snow and slush, and have this phobia the power running boards will disappoint within 1-2 years.
Yep... don't have that issue in the bay area , but we gotta deal with crap traffic and outta control home prices.. just remodeled bathrooms. Well, had em done. Lol.. Chris

bwsall

Reaction score
I had previously posted looking at purchasing a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, but ended up finding at demo Limited at my dealer and I think I'm about to pull the trigger on it instead. Here are the details:

MSRP: $67,650
Employee Pricing Discount: $8,692
Adjusted Sales Price: $58,958
Rebates: $3,500 with 0% financing
Demo Discount: $1,000

Final sales price before tax, title, fees: $54,458

The dealer is also including an additional 12 months and 12k miles on the standard and powertrain warranties since it is a demo with 5,000 miles on it.

Thoughts on this deal? I'm thinking its a good deal being at 19.5% off and the extended warranty

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My thought is that its not great for a demo because you could get this same deals sans the 1000 discount on any new 19 that wasn’t a demo. The warranty means nothing to me, and shouldn’t mean too much to you either IMO.

I’d tell them to ditch the warranty and bring the demo discount on up to 3-4K.

You can buy your own extended warranty for less if you so desire.

cash4trash

Reaction score
I had previously posted looking at purchasing a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, but ended up finding at demo Limited at my dealer and I think I'm about to pull the trigger on it instead. Here are the details:

MSRP: $67,650
Employee Pricing Discount: $8,692
Adjusted Sales Price: $58,958
Rebates: $3,500 with 0% financing
Demo Discount: $1,000

Final sales price before tax, title, fees: $54,458

The dealer is also including an additional 12 months and 12k miles on the standard and powertrain warranties since it is a demo with 5,000 miles on it.

Thoughts on this deal? I'm thinking its a good deal being at 19.5% off and the extended warranty
Yeah , actually with the incentives right now its kinda expensive. I got my truck for 51,500 ,but that was an awesome deal. They have some other trucks that are around 54k that are new.. Chris

Vettnman

Reaction score
As others have said, to ke, not that great of a deal. I'm seeing new limiteds reduced to 51-53k. No miles. I'm getting ready to be back in the market since my laramie was totaled. May look at a limited this time

RAM_newbie

Reaction score
Talking with a dealership in Lawrenceville, GA on a 2019 Laramie. Online, they have the Employee Pricing discount and then a Dealer discount listed. I assume there will be some wool they will try to pull over my eyes with the discounts not being available but trying to stay positive at this point.
Figures online:
$59,940 Sticker price
$3,593 Dealer Discount
$10,344 Employee Pricing (includes $2500 in rebates I qualify for)
$46,699 Internet Price

I guess my question is, if I qualify for the rebates like I do, the Dealer Discount should be legit. Right? Honestly, if they come back and will honor this price I will be happy with that. May push for a little more but that 22% off MSRP.

cash4trash

Reaction score
Talking with a dealership in Lawrenceville, GA on a 2019 Laramie. Online, they have the Employee Pricing discount and then a Dealer discount listed. I assume there will be some wool they will try to pull over my eyes with the discounts not being available but trying to stay positive at this point.
Figures online:
$59,940 Sticker price
$3,593 Dealer Discount
$10,344 Employee Pricing (includes $2500 in rebates I qualify for)
$46,699 Internet Price

I guess my question is, if I qualify for the rebates like I do, the Dealer Discount should be legit. Right? Honestly, if they come back and will honor this price I will be happy with that. May push for a little more but that 22% off MSRP.
That sounds like a good deal.. some dealers will take a little less profit, but fair discount.. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread