5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Sdot

Reaction score
First post, Hope this is the right thread. Has anyone dealt with Dulles Motorcars in Leesburg Va? They have a very good price listed on their website for a truck I want but I’m concerned about their fees that they state are not in the advertised price. $995 processing fee (seems high). And a freight fee which the price for is not listed. Does anyone know what that price is? I live about 4hrs away from that dealership and would like to get everything ironed out before I make that drive. Any tips on exactly how to do that are greatly appreciated as I have never bought a car so far away before. Thanks for any help!

spurious

Reaction score
Just ordered 2020 1500 Laramie 4x4 Eco Diesel:

Sticker $68,185
Invoice $62,709
Selling price $59,682 (less rebates at time of delivery plus TTL)

Wanted the diesel plus couldn't find anything with ram boxes and multi function plus leather in stock anywhere even with the hemi for good price etc etc. Craig (great guy) and Dennis Dillion priced me out about $1200 cheaper but required I finance with them and I'm in Southern Calfornia so logistics not worth the $1200 plus inferior loan.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Hi Matt,
Curious how ordering works. Do you negotiate and sign after agreeing on a price? Or do you wait till delivery with a deposit?

I’m thinking I’ll have to order if I want the MFF and Rambox options together.

mhoyt01

Reaction score
Hi Matt,
Curious how ordering works. Do you negotiate and sign after agreeing on a price? Or do you wait till delivery with a deposit?

I’m thinking I’ll have to order if I want the MFF and Rambox options together.

My first time ordering but I just had one dealer print out the invoice of the truck built out how I wanted. Then had other dealers quote it: either dollars back of invoice or % off MSRP, doesn't matter how they wanna say it. Picked the lowest within dirving distance (sorry Craig!). Then confirm rebates are subtracted from that at time of delivery and no other garbage fees. I made them write it on the build invoice and I attached it to the credit card form for $1000 deposit. I never went in, and only signed the $1000 CC form with the invoice and pricing attached.

Why wouldn't you want both Multi and Rambox? My local dealer has like one ram box out of 500 trucks, I don't get it. I had my 2009 since new with the Rambox's and I won't a own truck without them. Multi function seems fun/useful, so wanted that too, and the EcoDiesel, we'll give the Gen 3 a try.

Good luck,
Matt

jastevenson

Reaction score
My first time ordering but I just had one dealer print out the invoice of the truck built out how I wanted. Then had other dealers quote it: either dollars back of invoice or % off MSRP, doesn't matter how they wanna say it. Picked the lowest within dirving distance (sorry Craig!). Then confirm rebates are subtracted from that at time of delivery and no other garbage fees. I made them write it on the build invoice and I attached it to the credit card form for $1000 deposit. I never went in, and only signed the $1000 CC form with the invoice and pricing attached.

Why wouldn't you want both Multi and Rambox? My local dealer has like one ram box out of 500 trucks, I don't get it. I had my 2009 since new with the Rambox's and I won't a own truck without them. Multi function seems fun/useful, so wanted that too, and the EcoDiesel, we'll give the Gen 3 a try.

Good luck,
Matt

Congratulations in the order. What kind of stuff do you put in your RamBox?

tpetty

Reaction score
ratchet straps, tow rope, firsts aid kit, fire extinguisher, jumper cables, and of course....duct tape!

Cravenfan

Reaction score
First post...Looking at picking up a brand new 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Black Out Edition (ya, it is really called the "Black Appearance Package," but Black Out sounds way better!). I'm getting about a 17% discount from MSRP to Sale Price, which for this version, limited inventory, etc. I think seems decent. Literally every option, except the Protection Group, which I'll have them bolt on. Competitively working with 3 Ram dealers, 4th including GMC, as the other item I was using to compare was the 2020 CarbonPro Sierra Denali. Also trying to effectively gauge my 2015 Sierra Denali's trade in value, etc.

I've seen on this thread greater %'s, especially on the leftover 2019's...but any thoughts on 17% off the 2020's?

MSRP = $71,750
Employee Pricing Rebate = -$9,333
Rebate (unclear) = -$2,000
Conquest Cash Rebate = $1,000
Sale Price = $60,417

I'm amazed as a "GM guy" how far the Ram has come from when I rode in my Dad's 10 years, or more ago, with the huge chrome grill and bumpers. I plan on a full breakdown of the differences that brought me over here, once I pull the trigger on this Black Out Edition. (C'mon Ram marketing people, gotta have a better name!)

Thanks!

Cravenfan

Reaction score
11/1/19 deal

Special ordered 2020 Ram 1500 Limited
MSRP - $67,180
Negotiated price - $56,488
Additional rebates - $3,750
Out the door - $52,738 + doc fee/tax
Added MOPAR 6yr/75k full warranty $1,200

Was there a trade in involved? 21.5% discount off MSRP on a 2020 is amazing...

mhoyt01

Reaction score
Congratulations in the order. What kind of stuff do you put in your RamBox?

Tools, straps, bungees, extra set of clothes and workout clothes plus shoes, and more. That's just my side, my wife claimed the other side. Keeps the back seat area totally clean. And the bed width loss is negligible in terms of utility, I had three other full size trucks prior to Rambox's.

Matt

Goatmastr

Reaction score
At the end of October I picked up a new '19 Longhorn with every option that I wanted, and some that I didn't want. Got pretty lucky that it was just sitting on the lot with all the options I was looking for. DC Koons dealership.

MSRP was $71,325, and sell price after rebates was %55,516.....22.2% off.

My dream build was sitting at a $65k MSRP. The dealership doesn't customize discounts. It was a standard $4500 off. Felt like it was a good deal considering there were some options I wasn't willing to budge on.

Last edited:

Coldfirex

Reaction score
2019 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab 4x4, Used (22,000k, 1 owner, no accidents), protection group, deluxe bucket seats, premium led lighting, bed utility group, Level 2 equipment group, 3.92 rear axle ratio, e-locker rear axle, 5.7L V8 Hemi, 9 speakers with sub, 20x9 chrome clad wheels, blind spot detection.
53,225 MSRP (looks like it sold originally for 43,255?)
35,990 asking
Thoughts?

Last edited:

dave-o

Reaction score

Good luck,
Matt
Hi @mhoyt01 -
I am about to order a new 2020 1500 and appreciate any wisdom you have from your experience. I am "midway" into the process. One dealer has priced the truck I was at $59 MSPR and said $52 (and figure out the rebates when it comes in). I called RAM tonight but the incentives department closes at 8pm EST. I assume this means, I will pay at most $52 and perhaps much less? The $7 discount is probably just dealer/regional discount at this point?

Also, how long did they tell you to build/deliver the truck? I was told 9-12 weeks (and he said, under promise and over-deliver).

Of course each deal is unique, but any thoughts or learnings you have are welcome!

Thanks,
Dave

ldoh

Reaction score
I see GM is advertising a couple of half ton pickup sales now including a 20% off MSRP for select 2019's. Maybe FCA will feel the need to match it.

Mchute85

Reaction score
Purchased a 2019 Limited in June. MSRP was $68.5k, i got it for $49.1k plus tax. I waited almost a year to find this type of deal. The local dealership was trying to hit a sales record hence the aggressive price. I talk them down from $51k to the final $49k.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See that’s just another sales gimmick, hit a sales record lol. Seems like they are always trying to hit one every month? The price was only that good because of ram’s huge rebates at the time. Don’t get me wrong you bought at the right time and got a crazy deal, but it had nothing to do with the dealership or someone’s magic negotiating skills.

June strikes again....

sman301

Reaction score
Automotive sales are taking a dive right now. Expect the incentives to get better for all manufacturers

sman301 sman301 sman301

Mchute85

Reaction score
See that’s just another sales gimmick, hit a sales record lol. Seems like they are always trying to hit one every month? The price was only that good because of ram’s huge rebates at the time. Don’t get me wrong you bought at the right time and got a crazy deal, but it had nothing to do with the dealership or someone’s magic negotiating skills.

June strikes again....
I totally agree with you it had nothing to do with negotiation skills it was just patiently waiting for a crazy deal. It took a year of waiting before that deal came around. There were other dealers that had similar prices at that time.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Automotive sales are taking a dive right now. Expect the incentives to get better for all manufacturers

Speaking of this, I’m curious to see how this strike effects pricing and supply for GM for the rest of the year. I know here they were already in a bind with not being able to get the trucks people actually wanted.

sman301

Reaction score
Speaking of this, I’m curious to see how this strike effects pricing and supply for GM for the rest of the year. I know here they were already in a bind with not being able to get the trucks people actually wanted.
They probably weren't that worried the factories were operating since they had a lack of demand from the start.

sman301 sman301 sman301

Cravenfan

Reaction score
2019 Big Horn black appearance full LED with Alpine and Sub upgrade and 20" wheels non e torq. Sure it has more.

58k msrp
14k dealer incentives
10k Manufacture Discount
Finance price 34611

Bank picked up in a heart beat due financing less then trucks actual value

Wowzers. So...you are saying you got a 40% discount to MSRP? That could be a new world record...about twice the going rate on 2019 leftovers. Was this a, "going out of business sale?"

Users who are viewing this thread