5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kersch

Reaction score
Looking at placing an order for a loaded Longhorn with eTorque and Rambox. Any suggestions on dealers to work with in the upper Midwest? We have several Ram Dealers in the Green Bay area but I am not sensing they are really willing to work with me on price. Also any ideas on how long it might take for a loaded Longhorn to get delivered these days given it would have Rambox?

Cajun

Reaction score
2019 Longhorn 4x4

MSRP $58,970
After rebates/dealer coupons $46,900

I got lucky and called on the last day of the month and they matched the price on a demo I saw advertised in Texas! They also gave me above KBB value and top NADA value on my trade. And they threw in the leveling kit installed ($500)! I couldn't pass it up.

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Cajun - you're making me regret my Limited order. Love that color with the matching wheels!

Ranchram

Reaction score
2019 Limited 4X4
Ivory Tri-Coat
Level 1 Equipment
Body Color bumpers
Anti-Spin
Trailer Brake
Protection Group
Pano
Hemi (No eTorque)
22-inch wheels

MSRP - $66,550.00
Working with a broker and he has it at $59,422 (says $1,350 under invoice) before TTL
I don't qualify for any other rebates aside from limited cash back...

There is a bit of an inventory issue in Colorado, from a few sources I hear that hail damaged about 4000 cars and trucks coming in by rail and they are all being assessed right now potentially limiting some of the deals you all have shared.

Any thoughts on if this is a decent deal or do I need to be pushing more and what's my leverage?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Ranchram

Reaction score
just saw your post. I am dealing with a dealer in castle rock co and I agree with you that we in Colorado are not seeing the types of deals that others are seeing elsewhere. I am at 7,700 off on an msrp of 67,800. As an aside, generally wings don’t advertise their position in their screen name as the only numbers that do any hard work are 1-8. A small poke from someone who played hooker for 21 years. Welcome to the forum.

rjrugby11

Reaction score
just saw your post. I am dealing with a dealer in castle rock co and I agree with you that we in Colorado are not seeing the types of deals that others are seeing elsewhere. I am at 7,700 off on an msrp of 67,800. As an aside, generally wings don’t advertise their position in their screen name as the only numbers that do any hard work are 1-8. A small poke from someone who played hooker for 21 years. Welcome to the forum.
HAHAHA, well you still had to get it out to someone that could take it down the field ;-p I'll follow-up with the order sheet on the deal I'm finalizing, but the credit union my broker is using providing a $3500 lease rebate + my $500 Ram coupon got me to $9,553.00 off MSRP. Its a late June build so hopeful not going to have some of the leak and fit issues some others are experiencing with earlier builds

Visualize

Reaction score
I've got 2 offers, none as stellar as others in this thread, and am having a hard time deciding ...

Dealer 1: 2019 Limited 4X4 (Level 1, Tonneau, 3.92, ASD, Sunroof, 22" wheels)
MSRP $66000
Dealer price $59500 (~1% under invoice, 9% below MSRP)
Rebates: $1500 + $1000 (penfed) = $2500
Price: $57000 + TTL (13% discount from MSRP)

Dealer 2: 2019 Limited 4X4 (Advanced Safety Group, Tonneau, 3.92, Sunroof, 20" wheels)
MSRP $62800
Dealer price $55700 (~9% below MSRP)
Rebates: $1500 + $1000 (penfed) + $1000 (special dealer certificates) = $3500
Price: $52200 + TTL (~17% discount from MSRP)

Is the Anti-Slip differential, Harman Kardon stereo, and 22" wheels worth the $4800 price difference? The only one I *think* I need is the anti-slip. Dealer 2 also has lifetime powertrain coverage (which is a moot point since I will buy a mopar lifetime warranty anyway)

ncsu92

Reaction score
I think I got a sweet deal on my Big Horn Black Edition (Level 2 package, heated seats, pano sunroof)

MSRP: $51,105
Total cost after discount and rebates: $40,029 (and they threw in a spray in bedliner)
% off MSRP: 22%
Plus they gave me over trade in value for my 2015 Wranger Unlimited Sport

cjgerson

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Limited

These are all US dollars:
MSRP $67,670
-$1,000 rebate from Ram
-$8360 additional negotiated at dealer
=$58,310 paid (This is before fees and taxes)

Well my pricing has changed a little in my favor
New MSRP 69,090
Price Protected MSRP 67,770
- $2500 Incentives
- $8370 additional negotiated at dealer
=$56,897 paid (This is before fees and taxes)

glennf14

Reaction score
I've got 2 offers, none as stellar as others in this thread, and am having a hard time deciding ...

Dealer 1: 2019 Limited 4X4 (Level 1, Tonneau, 3.92, ASD, Sunroof, 22" wheels)
MSRP $66000
Dealer price $59500 (~1% under invoice, 9% below MSRP)
Rebates: $1500 + $1000 (penfed) = $2500
Price: $57000 + TTL (13% discount from MSRP)

Dealer 2: 2019 Limited 4X4 (Advanced Safety Group, Tonneau, 3.92, Sunroof, 20" wheels)
MSRP $62800
Dealer price $55700 (~9% below MSRP)
Rebates: $1500 + $1000 (penfed) + $1000 (special dealer certificates) = $3500
Price: $52200 + TTL (~17% discount from MSRP)

Is the Anti-Slip differential, Harman Kardon stereo, and 22" wheels worth the $4800 price difference? The only one I *think* I need is the anti-slip. Dealer 2 also has lifetime powertrain coverage (which is a moot point since I will buy a mopar lifetime warranty anyway)

With the Limited's level 1 group, all you get is aluminum speaker covers (it's already a Harman Kardon system) and ventilated rear seats. And I personally prefer the 20" wheels on the Limited. As for ASD, I think it's personal preference. Some will argue that 4WD and modern traction control systems are plenty for the average person, so I wouldn't let ASD sway you unless you know for sure that you want/need it. So $4800 (probably $5k after taxes) is a heck of a lot of $$$ for stuff that may not interest you that much. I bet if you go look at Dealer 2's Limited, you'll be plenty impressed ;-)

Visualize

Reaction score
With the Limited's level 1 group, all you get is aluminum speaker covers (it's already a Harman Kardon system) and ventilated rear seats. And I personally prefer the 20" wheels on the Limited. As for ASD, I think it's personal preference. Some will argue that 4WD and modern traction control systems are plenty for the average person, so I wouldn't let ASD sway you unless you know for sure that you want/need it. So $4800 (probably $5k after taxes) is a heck of a lot of $$$ for stuff that may not interest you that much. I bet if you go look at Dealer 2's Limited, you'll be plenty impressed ;-)

Thanks. The specs/brochure says The limited doesn’t come standard with the HK audio, it’s added in Level 1...

Visualize

Reaction score
Well my pricing has changed a little in my favor
Price Protected MSRP 67,770
- $8370 additional negotiated at dealer

Any tips for negotiating? Did you have to bring in another dealer's offer to get them to beat it? I'm running into a wall at about 9% below MSRP, and you were able to do 12% off the original MSRP (not counting rebates).

glennf14

Reaction score
Thanks. The specs/brochure says The limited doesn’t come standard with the HK audio, it’s added in Level 1...
Dang you're right. I'm surprised :confused: I feel like stuff that's in Laramie level 2 package should definitely be standard on the Limited. So yea you would miss out on the HK system, but a lot of folks love the Alpine system, it's still excellent. Would the slight increase in sound quality be worth 5k? I doubt you could tell a huge difference unless you sat in one, then immediately walked over and sat in the other.

Last edited:

cjgerson

Reaction score
Any tips for negotiating? Did you have to bring in another dealer's offer to get them to beat it? I'm running into a wall at about 9% below MSRP, and you were able to do 12% off the original MSRP (not counting rebates).

Well i have ordered my last 3 vehicles from this dealer, so not much negotiating. Our standard deal is invoice - holdback (3% of MSRP) - incentives.

Also, I get Chrysler affiliate pricing through my work which is 1% below invoice, which likely helps a little because the dealer does get a few $$$ back from FCA with this program.

Last edited:

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I'm looking at dealer invoice less 1k (from holdback I assume) less current incentives at delivery for a very well optioned Laramie. Doesn't seem like the great deal some are reporting here, but quire frankly service after the sale is important to me, and these folks need to make a living too (rural area). When it finally shows up and I see the final price we'll know I guess (looks like it would be invoice (including holdback) less 4k right now (current incentives are 3k), which would be 56k for a 65k MSRP.

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4

Options:
Delmonico Red, Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats w/full-Length Upgraded Floor Console, Advanced Safety Group, Level 2 Equipment Group, Anti-Spin differential, 5.7 HEMI eTorque, Power Running Boards, 33-Gallon Fuel Tank, 12-inch Display, 20" Premium Paint/Polished Wheels

MSRP $61,445
- $6,599 Dealer Discounts (10.7% discount)
- $5,000 Rebates
=$49,846 paid + TTL

August 2018 in Tempe, AZ

Cowboys33

Reaction score
2019 Longhorn 4x4

MSRP $58,970
After rebates/dealer coupons $46,900

I got lucky and called on the last day of the month and they matched the price on a demo I saw advertised in Texas! They also gave me above KBB value and top NADA value on my trade. And they threw in the leveling kit installed ($500)! I couldn't pass it up.
One word SWEEEEEEEEEET

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I would say truck #2. I personally liked the 20's over the 22's, never been much of a wheels guy tho. If the HK system is swaying you in anyway...dont let it. It LOOKS incredible...but I have a feeling I wouldn't no the difference with or without it. The anti slip is the only real thing I see missing from truck 2 and with auto4, I wouldn't say it is worth the 5 grand. Best of luck!

Kersch

Reaction score
Invoice minus holdback, minus 500 dollars discount I asked for to match competing dealer offer, minus 2500 in rebates they said "everyone qualifies for.". If they applied an employee discount, that was something they used themselves, as I'm not an employee. Image attached, with signature blacked.
Can I ask what dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread