5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Visualize

Reaction score
It was $6500 in rebates and incentives and the rest was the discounted.

That makes your dealer discount ~ $7500, or 15% under MSRP which I believe is the highest dealer discount we've seen so far. 9% off is common and is right under invoice .... How did you negotiate it so low?

Smokey

Reaction score
2019 Larime Blacked out
E torque
Anti-spin
Level 2
12in u connect
Rubber floor mats
Bed cover
Panoramic sun roof
Advanced safety

MSRP 64225
11k off with 5000 in rebates
Trade in 14k

Waiting for to hear if dealer can get it from another dealer otherwise it will be special ordered

Hey Jason...just so I understand correctly. You reduced the cost by a total of $11k or $16K?

kjk05006

Reaction score
~9% dealer discount is common, it's about the F&F pricing. You can push for another few % off if it's worth your time.

What I'm curious about is how you qualify for $4500 on the limited? The general limited rebate is $1500, what is the other $3k?

Truck conquest and dealer cash. Might be showing my ignorance here but what is f&f pricing?

nicodywill

Reaction score
That makes your dealer discount ~ $7500, or 15% under MSRP which I believe is the highest dealer discount we've seen so far. 9% off is common and is right under invoice .... How did you negotiate it so low?

I did a lot of research online and waited until the cheapest dealership in the area started their “Labor Day sale” then went to the dealership and test drove what I was looking to buy. After the drive they valued my trade at considerably less than what it was worth. Typical tactic... So I just left lol.

Then went to two more dealers to find what I wanted and had them value my trade while I looked around. After getting to the number I wanted on the trade I found the truck I wanted which was the same as the first dealer and showed them the first dealers online price and my negotiated pricing sheet from the first dealer and asked them to match. They always advertise they’ll beat anyone else’s deal and they did.

SIDE NOTE: the original dealer called me this am and told me he’d give me what I wanted for my trade now because it was month end and they needed to move a couple move pickups. Told him sorry but I had already bought.

4sallypat

Reaction score
I did a lot of research online and waited until the cheapest dealership in the area started their “Labor Day sale” then went to the dealership and test drove what I was looking to buy. After the drive they valued my trade at considerably less than what it was worth. Typical tactic... So I just left lol.

Then went to two more dealers to find what I wanted and had them value my trade while I looked around. After getting to the number I wanted on the trade I found the truck I wanted which was the same as the first dealer and showed them the first dealers online price and my negotiated pricing sheet from the first dealer and asked them to match. They always advertise they’ll beat anyone else’s deal and they did.

SIDE NOTE: the original dealer called me this am and told me he’d give me what I wanted for my trade now because it was month end and they needed to move a couple move pickups. Told him sorry but I had already bought.

Now that's how you do business at a dealer - separate transactions - trade in first then purchase new second.

The dealers love it when you fall for a new truck first and then you mention a trade in - they see "sucker" on your forehead because now they can manipulate both profit makers....

nicodywill

Reaction score
Now that's how you do business at a dealer - separate transactions - trade in first then purchase new second.

The dealers love it when you fall for a new truck first and then you mention a trade in - they see "sucker" on your forehead because now they can manipulate both profit makers....

I also monitor try my vehicles value with true car, KBB, and Edmunds fairly frequently to get an actual idea of what the vehicle is worth and tell them what I want for the trade straight away no BS'ing or waffling. If they don't want to play ball.... I'll just leave.

Believemeustink

Reaction score
Finally bought a Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab
MSRP 55700
Dealer discount: 7900 (14%)
Coupons: 5000 (3000 general + 1000 penfed + 1000 truck conquest)
Adj. price: 42800 (23% off MSRP)

I probably left some money on the table, but they did deliver the car 200 miles to me.

Just for my edification, when you say dealer discount that is just money subtracted from msrp, it doesn't comprise of any incentives or rebates?

Just a pure dollar amount off of the MSRP...

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Finally bought a Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab
MSRP 55700
Dealer discount: 7900 (14%)
Coupons: 5000 (3000 general + 1000 penfed + 1000 truck conquest)
Adj. price: 42800 (23% off MSRP)

I probably left some money on the table, but they did deliver the car 200 miles to me.
what is truck conquest?

Visualize

Reaction score
Just for my edification, when you say dealer discount that is just money subtracted from msrp, it doesn't comprise of any incentives or rebates?

Just a pure dollar amount off of the MSRP...

Correct, that is the dealer discount off MSRP, before any rebates/incentives. 9% off is right under invoice, and some online dealers have 14% off (Idaho / Arizona)

Visualize

Reaction score
Was this financed thru PenFed to get the the $1000 ?

Someone earlier in the thread tipped me off to Penfed. You have to be a member, but their car buying service (powered by TrueCar) will generate a $1000 certificate. You don't have to finance through them. The coupon is actually tied to your name / address in the DealerConnect software that all dealers use, so once you generate it any dealer can see it.

4sallypat

Reaction score
Someone earlier in the thread tipped me off to Penfed. You have to be a member, but their car buying service (powered by TrueCar) will generate a $1000 certificate. You don't have to finance through them. The coupon is actually tied to your name / address in the DealerConnect software that all dealers use, so once you generate it any dealer can see it.
Wow, that's a nice perk of being a PenFed member.
And doubly nice that you don't have to finance thru them...
Gotta see about opening up an account with them....

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
Wow, that's a nice perk of being a PenFed member.
And doubly nice that you don't have to finance thru them...
Gotta see about opening up an account with them....
Just an FYI - that’s correct, no financing is required to get the $1000 certificate. That said, IF you use the buying service and IF you use one of their certified dealers, you qualify for a .5% rate reduction... so their 60 month/ 5 yr rate of 3.49% becomes 2.99% - an app $800 savings in interest on a $60k truck. I think you have to be a member for 60 or 90 days to use the buying program though.

4sallypat

Reaction score
Just an FYI - that’s correct, no financing is required to get the $1000 certificate. That said, IF you use the buying service and IF you use one of their certified dealers, you qualify for a .5% rate reduction... so their 60 month/ 5 yr rate of 3.49% becomes 2.99% - an app $800 savings in interest on a $60k truck. I think you have to be a member for 60 or 90 days to use the buying program though.

This is very useful!
I just joined PenFed online and opened an account.
SO I have wait ???
Oh the agony!

Users who are viewing this thread