5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

retho78

Reaction score
This deal includes a bunch of incentives most people won't qualify for. Another bait tactic. Get you in the door with a low price and then reveal once negotiating you don't qualify for most of the incentives.
Not trying to be a **** or crap on your post, but people need to know this stuff.
I updated my post...thanks.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A fully-loaded Limited in the US will get to $71,000 pretty easily - just add everything. :D BUG, eTorque, Level 1, 3.92, anti-slip diff, RAM Boxes. My truck was a shade under $70k and I didn't get RAM Boxes.

-John
Trucks are at least $10-20K overpriced period. To be able to offer those discounts tells you they are huge profit makers (and the makers admit it). Yet we keep buying them so they keep loading them up and the cycle continues... how are our kids expecting to continue this? 120 month loans?

timtlu

Reaction score
Trucks are at least $10-20K overpriced period. To be able to offer those discounts tells you they are huge profit makers (and the makers admit it). Yet we keep buying them so they keep loading them up and the cycle continues... how are our kids expecting to continue this? 120 month loans?
Buy in June, 2038. :cool:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how are our kids expecting to continue this? 120 month loans?

Navy federal has had 96 months since at least 2013 lol. Can you imagine? And the rates are high. So interest on say a new Cummins would probably be 20k! Even on a 60k dollar limited, still going to be like 13-14? I mean insanity there.

Edit:

So I just looked 75k, 96 months, 6.29%, total in payments 95,616.... 20k !!!

Then 60k loan, 796 payment, total payments of 76,416.... 16k !!!

Attachments

• 1AF0D93E-E525-4247-9233-7329928CD177.png
    1AF0D93E-E525-4247-9233-7329928CD177.png
    152 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Big Bert

Reaction score
I think we will see better discounts soon from ram or else they will lose share to ford and Chevy who are already out there at 20% off. July was likely a slow start to the quarter due to orders pulled into June.

Time will tell

ramtuff53

Reaction score
This thread should only include trim package, actual sticker MSRP (no dealer adds), date of build, price paid, and doc fee.
I think there are quite a few stretched % off's on here. There are some factory discounts on old builds on the higher trims.
You have MSRP, Invoice, FFP, EPP (must qualify), HB ( dealer hold back), and rebates. Unless you're buying a classic, big horn, or old dealer stock I call BS on 25%+ off after July 1st (unless they back dated it). There is no magic discounts.
If a dealer discounts their overpriced dealer adds or doc fee's they don't count.
I just bought a limited at 15% under MSRP and I worked them. My dealer had no doc fee's, no adds, split the hold back with me and gave me $750 in preferred customer coupons (the dealer gets a limited # of these each month to help push deals). I got the competing truck $1000 rebate, Chrysler financing $500, plus 0% for 36 months, $1000 in targeted credit union cash, and the $500 southwest bonus cash. It was $400 cheaper to go with invoice pricing over affiliate since some of these discounts don't stack.
I missed out on the across the board 15% MSRP discount waiting for delivery of my truck. Could of saved close to $5k. I doubt that comes back. Dealer stock is dwindling daily and 2020's are on the line right now.
My dealer gave me agressive discounts and rebates because he had a 'dealer number' to make on July 31st. My purchase helped him achieve his target. And I actually found my Laramie at one of their sister dealerships and they transferred it over to their location.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think we will see better discounts soon from ram or else they will lose share to ford and Chevy who are already out there at 20% off. July was likely a slow start to the quarter due to orders pulled into June.

Time will tell
I just saw a brand new LT Chevy half ton, the new style does not look attractive at all to me. They’ve tried to round it off as a opposed to the square look it had for so many years, I don’t think they pulled it off very well.

Vettnman

Reaction score
My local dealer has several limiteds on their lot. They all have the tow package which rules it out for me. Funny thing I noticed is almost all of them were built in either oct or nov of last year. It's just surprising to me that they have trucks that old. I'm looking to trade my 15 ecodiesel unless I sell it first, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if they offer those 25% and up incentives again

tul9033

Reaction score
They should have those old stock Limited's marked 15% off MSRP.

My local dealer has several limiteds on their lot. They all have the tow package which rules it out for me. Funny thing I noticed is almost all of them were built in either oct or nov of last year. It's just surprising to me that they have trucks that old. I'm looking to trade my 15 ecodiesel unless I sell it first, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if they offer those 25% and up incentives again

whatsmyname

Reaction score
Newbie here so any help appreciated. Looking at 2019 Warlock.

MSRP is $50225
Final price of $35,967 not including tax title etc. Close to 29% off. Are there any concerns going with the classic model trucks over new. Seems you can get better deal on classics right now. Like the look of the Warlock and don't want to spend the money on the Rebel design.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Average price right now, better than average overall though. It doesn’t get much better than 30% off IMO. Even 25% is nothing to feel sad abort.

Obvious being new trucks have LED headlights, better quality interior overall, dual sub roof, 12” screens, power steps, split tailgate now, mote rear seat room with seats that recline in some models (crew cab), etorque, and probably a bunch of other little things that are optional or standard. Interior upgrades are the main thing, although I’d you aren’t looking at Laramie and up, it’s not as drastic of a change IMO. I thought the 4th gen cloth interiors were some of the best.

fourbg

Reaction score
They should have those old stock Limited's marked 15% off MSRP.

Why do you say that? I know of several dealerships that have Rebels and Limiteds that have build dates in late 2018 and early 2019 and yet the dealers seem to think they are gold plated. Is there an incentive, like the Big Horn, that I'm missing?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Sorry whats the obvious other than it is not the new model. Also, is that a good price great price, average etc.
Have you driven one of the 5th gen trucks? I had a 4th gen Laramie and traded it for a 5th gen Longhorn. I really liked my 4th gen but it doesn’t compare to my 5th gen at all. It is hard to imagine how much nicer the new trucks are. Although like was said earlier the difference may not be so apparent in the lower trim levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/