5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
Clarify, I have seen 25-30% but only in the classic, not the new body style. I'd love to see a new body style for 30% off.
They are out there just need to be patient and work on the. I got my Laramie msrp 54,502
For 36,500. 18k off close to 30

BZV971

Reaction score
Where are you located roundabout? I'm not seeing anything over 20-25% off in my area.
I'm in northern Kentucky but purchased the truck from a dealer in Indianapolis, about a 2 hour trip one way.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some real shady discount listing, this guy in Jackson Tn lists 14 different qualifying offers... really...
New 2019 Ram1500 BIG HORN / LONE STAR QUAD CAB 4X2 6'4 BOX Quad Cab Jackson TN
  • VIN: 1C6RREBT2KN539749
  • Stock: DR025
A quick search of a Nashville dealer’s online stock shows no 2020’s in and their “big” savings on a Laramie 4x was $8K, with only $4K off a Rebel. That’s pretty pitiful for end of the model year advertising...after all you're getting a now year old truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jflores14

Reaction score
They are out there just need to be patient and work on the. I got my Laramie msrp 54,502
For 36,500. 18k off close to 30
30% off in June was possible on higher trims. Currently it is not.. as of right now those rebates haven't return. With 2020 models shipping to dealer lots theres a good chance rebates on 2019 will return next month to push the remaining 2019s off dealers stock but no one knows if that's what they will do. Only negative on that is your options are dwindling on what's remaining of 2019 models.

BigAdge

Reaction score
What type of discount is currently a "good" price on a bighorn? With no trade in or conquest cash is 22-25% a good deal?

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
30% off in June was possible on higher trims. Currently it is not.. as of right now those rebates haven't return. With 2020 models shipping to dealer lots theres a good chance rebates on 2019 will return next month to push the remaining 2019s off dealers stock but no one knows if that's what they will do. Only negative on that is your options are dwindling on what's remaining of 2019 models.

If it helps anyone Thompson’s dodge Jeep Ram in placerville ca has about 29 Laramies in stock all about 14k-15k off msrp. I was just looking at their inventory. 1 example was a Laramie 56k msrp 41k plus fees

Jflores14

Reaction score
If it helps anyone Thompson’s dodge Jeep Ram in placerville ca has about 29 Laramies in stock all about 14k-15k off msrp. I was just looking at their inventory. 1 example was a Laramie 56k msrp 41k plus fees
One thing to look out for on dealer listings is the fine print. Says that all applicable and conditional incentives were applied to sales price. Most likely won't qualify for a few.. also that destination charges are not included so have to factor that back in. Would add thousands back into final price.

Attachments

• 15652798010769107972776430122009.jpg
    15652798010769107972776430122009.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 38

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
One thing to look out for on dealer listings is the fine print. Says that all applicable and conditional incentives were applied to sales price. Most likely won't qualify for a few.. also that destination charges are not included so have to factor that back in. Would add thousands back into final price.

Yeah that’s true but, it sets the table for negotiating a deal when I got mine water it was in June or any month I knew they would be willing to deal. Mine was at 38k with the exact same message yet I got them down to 36.5, I drove 2 hours to pick up because other dealers near by didn’t want to negotiate. If they want to sell it you will qualify they will find a way but of course always be weary of fine print.

Jflores14

Reaction score
Yeah that’s true but, it sets the table for negotiating a deal when I got mine water it was in June or any month I knew they would be willing to deal. Mine was at 38k with the exact same message yet I got them down to 36.5, I drove 2 hours to pick up because other dealers near by didn’t want to negotiate. If they want to sell it you will qualify they will find a way but of course always be weary of fine print.
Yes your right dealers are willing to make deals happen given the right circumstances. Have to be willing to negotiate and walk away from bad deals. You did great on your deal in June, congrats on your new truck! However currently on Laramies there is not as much of a manufacture incentive to hit that kind of number right now. Your deal included a manufacture incentive of $8175(15%) that was huge for savings. Only the big horn trim has decent incentives this month. I do have one question on your deal. What were the dealer fees/add ons and was destination charges added back onto the 36,500 deal you received in June. Thanks for contributing!

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
Yes your right dealers are willing to make deals happen given the right circumstances. Have to be willing to negotiate and walk away from bad deals. You did great on your deal in June, congrats on your new truck! However currently on Laramies there is not as much of a manufacture incentive to hit that kind of number right now. Your deal included a manufacture incentive of $8175(15%) that was huge for savings. Only the big horn trim has decent incentives this month. I do have one question on your deal. What were the dealer fees/add ons and was destination charges added back onto the 36,500 deal you received in June. Thanks for contributing!

Smog and dmv fees were 860
Sales tax 9% crazy ca
service plan max care 125k/8 years 200 deductible. And gap for 2800

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
It’s crazy to let any dealer nit pick the price. When you negotiate... the ONLY adders you should accept - to the price YOU are willing to pay - is tax, title, and reg. Other than those three, you only need to tell the dealer where you need the all-in price to be. If they aren’t willing to meet it, just walk. Tell them there is “... dozens of dealers within 2 -4 hours of you that will be willing to deal”. They have lots and lots of flexibility on price... much more so than they want you to believe. Avoid falling in love with any truck until it is in your driveway. That’s the only way to get a deal you’ll be happy with. It’s your money, not the dealers. You have all the power. They only have trucks... and none of their trucks are special. They are the same trucks that other dealers all over the country have too. It’s just a commodity. Don’t ever feel goated into paying all their add-on BS. Like Nancy said, “...just say ‘NO’”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigAdge

Reaction score
It’s crazy to let any dealer nit pick the price. When you negotiate... the ONLY adders you should accept - to the price YOU are willing to pay - is tax, title, and reg. Other than those three, you only need to tell the dealer where you need the all-in price to be. If they aren’t willing to meet it, just walk. Tell them there is “... dozens of dealers within 2 -4 hours of you that will be willing to deal”. They have lots and lots of flexibility on price... much more so than they want you to believe. Avoid falling in love with any truck until it is in your driveway. That’s the only way to get a deal you’ll be happy with. It’s your money, not the dealers. You have all the power. They only have trucks... and none of their trucks are special. They are the same trucks that other dealers all over the country have too. It’s just a commodity. Don’t ever feel goated into paying all their add-on BS. Like Nancy said, “...just say ‘NO’”.

I think this is good advice, however on certain model based incentives are we sure they still have plenty of wiggle room? 15% off and the dealer knocking out another 10% is that something that looks good at this point? Not sure. I have been emailing dealerships and haven't received an offer under 26.5% off msrp. Best offer currently would be around 28-29% off IF i qualified for the conquest cash, but I don't so that extra 1k adds a few percentage points.

DraKhen99

Reaction score

I'll do you one better ... figure out about how much the TTL are, and factor that into what you're willing to pay, and negotiate THAT! :D

That's how I do it, and it lets the dealer do whatever math they want. At the end of the day, I pay a price I'm happy with, I literally could not care less about the minutia.

-John

ldoh

Reaction score
Clarify, I have seen 25-30% but only in the classic, not the new body style. I'd love to see a new body style for 30% off.

Probably tough to do now with 15% off msrp but I received total 31% off msrp on the new body during the June sale. I bet FCA has another 20% off before year end to maintain marketshare growth.

Jflores14

Reaction score
I think this is good advice, however on certain model based incentives are we sure they still have plenty of wiggle room? 15% off and the dealer knocking out another 10% is that something that looks good at this point? Not sure. I have been emailing dealerships and haven't received an offer under 26.5% off msrp. Best offer currently would be around 28-29% off IF i qualified for the conquest cash, but I don't so that extra 1k adds a few percentage points.
I would say whatever rebates you can qualify + 15% dealer discount is what I would aim for right now.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't do what I did and let slip that we wanted ONLY the indigo frost interior and the Ivory tri-coat. There went a lot of negotiating power...

sanewithinsanity

Reaction score
Got a Limited with all options minus the Level 1 group. MSRP was $68k, drive out after TTL & dealer "upcharges" was $51k. Bought at the end of June.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Got a Limited with all options minus the Level 1 group. MSRP was $68k, drive out after TTL & dealer "upcharges" was $51k. Bought at the end of June.

Yup. End of June was a great time to buy. I took delivery on June 31 for a loaded Laramie. 27% off the sticker. I was fine and happy with that. I didn’t care how they got to that price (discounts and rebates), nor do I know. It doesn’t matter.

retho78

Reaction score
Same here...bought mine end of June, Laramie Crew Cab (Billet Silver) with Sport Appearance Package and 4x4 for 40K OTD, MSRP was 55k.

Users who are viewing this thread