5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

tul9033

Reaction score
I'd ask to see the invoice. Then line item everything.
MSRP - 20% (Classic 20% rebate)
Invoice (shoot for invoice price or FFP)
Probably not many other rebates are stackable with the 20%, but at least ask.

Otherwise looks like a pretty solid deal as long as there are no stupid dealer adds (tint, nitrogen, paint protection, etc) or an outrageous doc fee.

Newbie here so any help appreciated. Looking at 2019 Warlock.

MSRP is $50225
Final price of $35,967 not including tax title etc. Close to 29% off. Are there any concerns going with the classic model trucks over new. Seems you can get better deal on classics right now. Like the look of the Warlock and don't want to spend the money on the Rebel design.

tul9033

Reaction score
Some old stock has a factory 15% rebate . Of course you negotiate down from there. There are factory discounts and dealer discounts. So you stack the factory 15% MSRP and any dealer reduction you can get (invoice, hold back, doc fee, etc). 15% is BUT ONE discount.

Huh? 15%? If they aren’t closer to 25% or better, you aren’t getting a good deal. I just got my loaded Laramie - off a lot - at 26.7% discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious, no not really. The previous gen trucks were great.

...but the 5th gens are a good bit better. The frame, the dampening, the noise reduction, the interior, the options, the safety packages. It’s not truck-of-the-year for no reason. It smokes the Ford and Chevy. All you gotta do is ride in new Ram vs an F150 or a Chevy/GMC and it’s night and day difference. I haven’t ridden in an old style Ram, but I’d guess it is just as big a difference. Ram nailed it for the 5th gens. There is not a truck analyst or writer that disagrees. Don’t miss your chance for a great truck.You might consider a 2020 night edition, vs the Warlock. Similar black-out, but different front bumper. If you waited until June of 2021 you’ll be getting a Night Edition Big Horn or Laramie for +25% off, and maybe even at the $35k price point. Plus a couple new colors in 2020. Patience is a valuable virtue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...but the 5th gens are a good bit better. The frame, the dampening, the noise reduction, the interior, the options, the safety packages.

Yea... I consider that to the be the obvious. New model comes out, it’s better. What I’m saying is the old truck is just fine if that’s what you want. If someone is asking which to get, 2019 5th gen for sure. If you like the warlock, or classic, then you should get it because it’s a great truck. Still has the 8.4 screen, rear coils, 8spd trans, nice interior and amenities on upper models, it’s not obsolete now because of the 5th gen IMO.

Frankly I don’t understand why people are posting about these trucks here, it’s the 5th gen forum. There’s whole different forum with way more tech and users for the older trucks...

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Looks like we have the same truck except I have the body color bumpers. I swapped my 22” wheels for a set of Laramie 20” for now. My wife paid 50,439 +TTL in June.

Congrats on the beautiful truck, and I agree on finding a high volume low margin dealer.

8cf3df00d97d3255563730454879685f.jpg

31e3f03568b469d8e9a819667ee3a1e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What color is that truck?

jdl440

Reaction score
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a fully loaded Rebel in grey. I was able to get to 15% off msrp pretty easy. Should I push harder?

Vettnman

Reaction score
yes, I was expecting 25% on some of the older 19 limiteds but the most I've seen is 10k off. Had one dealer come in at 15k off msrp, but he had added 2k in dealer options and wouldnt budge so that deal didnt even get off the ground. Dealer options was tinted windows and dent protection, windshield protection, etc. Nothing I'm interested in.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still some clueless dealers out there...
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star
VIN: 1C6SRFFT6KN857553 STOCK: D857553
New | Red
MSRP: $81,367
You Save: $6,250
Internet Price: $75,117

Trolling for idiot buyers I guess, and this dealer is in Ok near the Tx border (not in Canada!)

That’s a SCA truck. You can’t really compare that to stock trucks. Although only an idiot buys that, 75k dollar big horn? It’s a 39k truck or less with Like 8500 in aftermarket parts if you got ripped off.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s a SCA truck. You can’t really compare that to stock trucks. Although only an idiot buys that, 75k dollar big horn? It’s a 39k truck or less with Like 8500 in aftermarket parts if you got ripped off.
Yep, I wondered if it was a specialty vehicle but still...
They do have $85K gas 3500’s for sale as well...

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
It amuses me how dealers jack up the MSRP and then act like they are giving you a deal. $80k+ for that truck??? I guess for some throwing away money to give a truck extra off-roading capabilities for a vehicle which will never be used to go off-roading makes sense.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It amuses me how dealers jack up the MSRP and then act like they are giving you a deal. $80k+ for that truck??? I guess for some throwing away money to give a truck extra off-roading capabilities for a vehicle which will never be used to go off-roading makes sense.
Lol it’s a pre built show truck. My issue with these is more about the parts used. If this was a fabtech coilover Kit with decent wheels, maybe. At least you’d be getting something cool for the money. But here it’s just someone charging 300% markup on the cheapest parts they can find. I see a bunch of SCA trucks so people must buy them.

The MSRP on that thing is 56k. It’s basically the same my rebel. Insanity. WHO is buying the 56k bighorns? You know a longhorn stars at like 58? And a mid level Laramie is also 56?

More evidence they just mark these bighorns up super high on MSRP, discount them but 15k and use that “huge discount” as a sales gimmick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread