5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

glennf14

Reaction score
Only $1000 rebate on Laramie in my area wether you lease or buy, I'm at $5,980 dealer discount off MSRP of $59,865, and then another $1,000 in rebate for a total of $6980 off MSRP. How does that sound? BTW I'm in Central CT, ****'s expensive up here.... lol
My dealer is claiming I lose $2000 in "coupons" if I don't do my deal today. That being said, I have them at $12,000 off MSRP plus TTL so they are being pretty aggressive I think.

@mtehonica looks like a great deal! I sent you a PM.
@riccnick I'm not familiar with CT, I'm in NC, but I think *perhaps* you can get a little more off of that price. Make sure you price out other dealerships within a reasonable driving distance.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer is claiming I lose $2000 in "coupons" if I don't do my deal today. That being said, I have them at $12,000 off MSRP plus TTL so they are being pretty aggressive I think.

Ford gives dealers "coupons" of $500 each and they can use 4 per transaction if needed to "seal the deal". Interesting to hear FCA has something similar....sign and buy today!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@mtehonica looks like a great deal! I sent you a PM.
@riccnick I'm not familiar with CT, I'm in NC, but I think *perhaps* you can get a little more off of that price. Make sure you price out other dealerships within a reasonable driving distance.

Thanks Glenn,
I'm already a grand below the best true car price listed in the what others have paid section, and about $2k below what true car says dealers will sell for (True Car Price). Still think its worth the push? Dealer is locating the truck for me as well from about 130 miles away.

glennf14

Reaction score
Thanks Glenn,
I'm already a grand below the best true car price listed in the what others have paid section, and about $2k below what true car says dealers will sell for (True Car Price). Still think its worth the push? Dealer is locating the truck for me as well from about 130 miles away.
You're already pretty close. If the truck isn't sitting on their lot then they may not be as receptive to further discounts.
I was doing this rough math, I'll let others chime in and tell me I'm wrong.
Your MSRP: 59865
estimated invoice: 90% * 59865 = 53879 (I think Edmunds can tell you the actual invoice, make sure you correctly input all the options)
dealer holdback: 3% * 59865 = 1795

Price before rebates will be invoice minus holdback: 53879 - 1795 = 52084
then any rebates you can apply, the national rebate on the Laramie is $1000, which expires today and new incentives will be released tomorrow, hopefully they go up!

That puts you at 52084 - 1000 rebate = 51084

So if you're around 51k then you're basically at rock bottom unless you can get Friend & Family Pricing or Employee Pricing. I'm not familiar with the $500 dealer "coupons" mentioned previously. I'm just going off of the traditional "Invoice minus Holdback minus Rebates".

side note: make sure your Laramie does NOT have the trailer tow mirrors if you want the surround view camera. I've noticed A LOT of 2019's in my area have the Trailer Tow mirrors...easy to miss if you're not diligent.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're already pretty close. If the truck isn't sitting on their lot then they may not be as receptive to further discounts.
I was doing this rough math, I'll let others chime in and tell me I'm wrong.
Your MSRP: 59865
estimated invoice: 90% * 59865 = 53879 (I think Edmunds can tell you the actual invoice, make sure you correctly input all the options)
dealer holdback: 3% * 59865 = 1795

Price before rebates will be invoice minus holdback: 53879 - 1795 = 52084
then any rebates you can apply, the national rebate on the Laramie is $1000, which expires today and new incentives will be released tomorrow, hopefully they go up!

That puts you at 52084 - 1000 rebate = 51084

So if you're around 51k then you're basically at rock bottom unless you can get Friend & Family Pricing or Employee Pricing. I'm not familiar with the $500 dealer "coupons" mentioned previously. I'm just going off of the traditional "Invoice minus Holdback minus Rebates".

side note: make sure your Laramie does NOT have the trailer tow mirrors if you want the surround view camera. I've noticed A LOT of 2019's in my area have the Trailer Tow mirrors...easy to miss if you're not diligent.

That's exactly the math I've been doing! I averaged the difference between reported MSRP and Invoice from NADA, Edmunds, and TrueCar. I got approx 91%. Using that math, and my rebate, they are diggin in about $350 into dealer holdback, on a truck they are locating for me from another dealer.

The reason for locating is exactly as you stated, the truck they have on the lot has the tow mirrors and I do not want them.

This is all before them evaluating my trade as well. I don't have high hopes because I know they're digging relatively deep for the truck but I'm hoping to get close to NADA for my trade. I tried the Carmax route last night and they came back at $9,000 for my truck which averages between $11-$12k WHOLESALE price online. Real trade in should be like $13-$14k. I said thanks for wasting my time and walked out!

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I just got a call from Salesman giving me another $500 off the truck if I go in today to finalize the paperwork. Because they try to meet a certain quota of sales each month. Glad I answered the phone!
I was surprised also they said the Truck is in my state already, and I ordered on 7/3!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's exactly the math I've been doing! I averaged the difference between reported MSRP and Invoice from NADA, Edmunds, and TrueCar. I got approx 91%. Using that math, and my rebate, they are diggin in about $350 into dealer holdback, on a truck they are locating for me from another dealer.

The reason for locating is exactly as you stated, the truck they have on the lot has the tow mirrors and I do not want them.

This is all before them evaluating my trade as well. I don't have high hopes because I know they're digging relatively deep for the truck but I'm hoping to get close to NADA for my trade. I tried the Carmax route last night and they came back at $9,000 for my truck which averages between $11-$12k WHOLESALE price online. Real trade in should be like $13-$14k. I said thanks for wasting my time and walked out!
I have found that a visit to CarMax is consistently a waste of time ;)

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, but if you're financing through FCA, they'll get a bit of that back.

I've noticed they hesitate to sweeten the deal if you are trade+cash... they want their incentives back in financing $.

I've heard of deals like that in the past. In that case what I would do if I was in the position to trade and pay the rest off in cash would be finance the difference after the trade to get all the rebates, then a week or so later pay off the finance contract.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
I've heard of deals like that in the past. In that case what I would do if I was in the position to trade and pay the rest off in cash would be finance the difference after the trade to get all the rebates, then a week or so later pay off the finance contract.
I believe you have to keep the loan for at least 3 or 6 months to qualify for that discount. You can always pay it almost all off on the first payment and then make a few payments of $10-20 just to keep the loan open for the required minimum time. Ford used to be at 6 months so I would finance the minimum required, payoff 90-95% the first month and spread out the rest. It also builds up your credit score when you pay off loans so you get multiple benefits.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have found that a visit to Carmax is consistently a waste of time ;)
I brought my 2019 Ram to Carmax today just for the hell of it and I was wasting time. My MSRP is $53,945 and I have 618 miles on it. Car Max offered me $36,000 for my 2019 Ram. LOL

mtehonica

Reaction score
I have found that a visit to Carmax is consistently a waste of time ;)

Agreed, I've done 2 CarMax appraisals in the last 6 months, both around $3000 lower than dealer offers, plus dealer trade subtracts from the taxable amount on your new car purchase. So never again.

brewmastr

Reaction score
Does anyone have a point of contact with Dennis Dillion for special order inquiry's? I would like to send them a build sheet and see what the price is they can do compared with what the dealer group I work for can do. Also if they can sell to Oregon sales tax free as we do not have sales tax here.

Axedawg

Reaction score
Just finished papework for financing tonight...Ram dealer called at the last second as I had given up getting something on my self-policing top limit I was going to spend for the Limited...will post details tomorrow but the Limited MSRP was just over 66K and I am OTD at $53,700...nearly 19% shaved from sticker!

I don't know if I could have done better but I do know that I did nothing to get screwed over...Ram salesman came back at just after 830pm as I was beginning paperwork on a brand new 2018 F150 Platinum 701A at the Ford dealership...he asked if I had signed for the truck at the moment I had pen in hand LMAO!

Platinum just very recently came onto my radar as I had been using the Lariat 502A as my point of basis for pricing structure. I have come to now learn that it is essentially a wash between the Plat 701A and a hard-loaded Limited.

I'm looking forward to the Ram experience as I have been in nothing but F150s for over 16 years straight.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like some crazy timing. It seems as a few members on here have moved from F150s to the Ram and are very happy with them. I hope you have the same experience.

glennf14

Reaction score
Well guys looks like RAM is doing nothing in rebates/incentives until Sept 4th (at least in my zip code). Just looked at their offers page and all I see are lease offers. Bummer!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well guys looks like RAM is doing nothing in rebates/incentives until Sept 4th (at least in my zip code). Just looked at their offers page and all I see are lease offers. Bummer!

It usually takes them a bit to update. They have it ready now, looks like they have upped the incentives across the board

glennf14

Reaction score
It usually takes them a bit to update. They have it ready now, looks like they have upped the incentives across the board
You’re exactly right. Sorry for jumping the gun! Looks like they’ve tripled the cash incentives for my zip code (but I’m sure it’s probably national). $1000 is now $3000 for Laramie and $500 is now $1500 for Limited. Nice turn around to my day haha!

Users who are viewing this thread