5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

rp781

Reaction score
So I got a little more information from the dealer as we were going back and forth. The $500 is supposedly considered a direct mailing offer and not considered an additional rebate. The issue they have is that I’m also trying to use another $500 rebate based on a program available to employees of the company my wife works at. Dealer is saying they can only use 1 of the two rebates. So essentially I’m getting $500 out of the additional $1000 I thought I’d get. I’m still not sure that I believe them. Anyone know where I could reach out to check accuracy?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I got a little more information from the dealer as we were going back and forth. The $500 is supposedly considered a direct mailing offer and not considered an additional rebate. The issue they have is that I’m also trying to use another $500 rebate based on a program available to employees of the company my wife works at. Dealer is saying they can only use 1 of the two rebates. So essentially I’m getting $500 out of the additional $1000 I thought I’d get. I’m still not sure that I believe them. Anyone know where I could reach out to check accuracy?

I would not make it that complicated. Get a price set that makes you excited to get the truck, and let the dealer figure out how they get to that price point.

rp781

Reaction score
I would not make it that complicated. Get a price set that makes you excited to get the truck, and let the dealer figure out how they get to that price point.
I ordered the truck back in early June and am picking it up this morning. When I ordered we agreed upon a price and there were $1000 in rebates at that time. They said if rebates go up they will apply them. Im getting everything we agreed upon but just trying to apply these two additional rebates to increase to $2000. They are only allowing 1 of the 2. Make sense?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With Ford, you cannot combine a private offer with the military rebate or other similiar conditional rebates. It doesn't surprise me that Ram does similar.

Like you, when I ordered there was $1,000 rebate as there was when I picked up. I got a private offer of $500 while it was being built and was able to use that, so $1,500 off. Call FCA incentives and find out for sure. 1-800-227-0757

rp781

Reaction score
With Ford, you cannot combine a private offer with the military rebate or other similiar conditional rebates. It doesn't surprise me that Ram does similar.

Like you, when I ordered there was $1,000 rebate as there was when I picked up. I got a private offer of $500 while it was being built and was able to use that, so $1,500 off. Call FCA incentives and find out for sure. 1-800-227-0757
Thank you for the info and the phone number. $500 isn’t a deal breaker by any means but it would help!

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered the truck back in early June and am picking it up this morning. When I ordered we agreed upon a price and there were $1000 in rebates at that time. They said if rebates go up they will apply them. Im getting everything we agreed upon but just trying to apply these two additional rebates to increase to $2000. They are only allowing 1 of the 2. Make sense?

Gotchya, I must have missed that info earlier. Awesome to hear you're picking it up today! Post pics!

D

Deleted member 85

Ok, but if you're financing through FCA, they'll get a bit of that back.

I've noticed they hesitate to sweeten the deal if you are trade+cash... they want their incentives back in financing $.
We get exactly $200 for setting up a FCA-backed finance contract...

ponypride

Reaction score
Scott,
Did you order or buy your car off the lot? I would think there is more wiggle room if you buy it off the lot.

mtehonica

Reaction score
I

I think his doc fee included MV fees as well. My doc fees were $100, but my 4 yr registration & plates were another $600.

Probably not unfortunately :/.

In NC it’s typically $600-$700 but honestly if you’re negotiating out the door pricing it really doesn’t matter. A lower doc fee just means the dealer has less room to move on the sale price, rebates and discounts, etc.

ponypride

Reaction score
$895 for doc fee!!!!!!! That should be a crime. NY is $75
That is an awesome price. My MSRP is $55.8 and I got it for $48.2. (Net of rebates). My vehicle was an order with Etorque power train, 33 gallon tank, chrome appearance package, level 1. I did not order the air suspension or 12" UConnect.

ponypride

Reaction score

In NC it’s typically $600-$700 but honestly if you’re negotiating out the door pricing it really doesn’t matter. A lower doc fee just means the dealer has less room to move on the sale price, rebates and discounts, etc.
That does not include title, tags and registration? If that is the case $800 is a rip off.

glennf14

Reaction score

this ^^^^

get "out the door" quotes from all of your surrounding dealers and let them win your business

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
2019 Limited Granite Crystal
4x4
Hemi
anti-spin diff
Ramboxes
Bed utility group
Limited level 1 equipment group
Protection group
Trailer brake comtroller
Body color bumpers

MSRP: $65, 240
FFP: $59,106
EP: $56,846

$56,595 out the door +TTL no matter what the rebates are at the time of delivery.

I could have saved about $1600 if I wanted to buy from Dennis Dillon and drive it back, but want to support the local-ish dealership with a good reputation. Other advantage is that this dealership offers a lifetime powertrain warranty, which I feel justifies some of the difference.

Echance01

Reaction score
Local dealership has a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab on the lot I took a look at yesterday.

Hemi
4x4
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
Sunroof
Wheelhouse Liners
20 in wheels

MSRP: $58,110
EP: $50,974 (I have the code/certificate for this)
Rebates: $2,000
No trade in

$48,974 + TTL out the door. They need to sell 7 more trucks before end of day tomorrow. They have called me 4 times today trying to get me down there. Not sure they there is anything else they can do on price. Thoughts on other things I can ask the dealer to throw in to sweeten the pot?

glennf14

Reaction score
Local dealership has a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab on the lot I took a look at yesterday.

Hemi
4x4
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
Sunroof
Wheelhouse Liners
20 in wheels

No trade in

$48,974 + TTL out the door. They need to sell 7 more trucks before end of day tomorrow. They have called me 4 times today trying to get me down there. Not sure they there is anything else they can do on price. Thoughts on other things I can ask the dealer to throw in to sweeten the pot?
Seems like a great deal to me, a discount of about ~9200 (you didn’t mention doc fee so not sure if that’s included in your numbers). That’s in-line with some of the best pricing I’ve seen. If they’re begging for a sale, maybe ask them to throw in the official all weather floor mats?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Hemi
4x4
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
Sunroof
Wheelhouse Liners
20 in wheels

No trade in

Oil changes for a year? extended warranty, floor matts?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have the info on August incentives yet? I've got an invoice - incentives lease deal going on a Laramie crew cab and I think I've hit the threshold the dealer will go, not sure if a day or two will make a difference incentive wise to help (or hurt).

mtehonica

Reaction score
Anyone have the info on August incentives yet? I've got an invoice - incentives lease deal going on a Laramie crew cab and I think I've hit the threshold the dealer will go, not sure if a day or two will make a difference incentive wise to help (or hurt).

My dealer is claiming I lose $2000 in "coupons" if I don't do my deal today. That being said, I have them at $12,000 off MSRP plus TTL so they are being pretty aggressive I think.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only $1000 rebate on Laramie in my area wether you lease or buy, I'm at $5,980 dealer discount off MSRP of $59,865, and then another $1,000 in rebate for a total of $6980 off MSRP. How does that sound? BTW I'm in Central CT, ****'s expensive up here.... lol

Users who are viewing this thread