5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
Well I don't know exactly what's going on with the prices from last week to this week, but the dealership up the road from me is still showing 47k for 68k Limited, with one slight catch, it has 1,500 in hail damage. So tentatively I've purchased an almost new 2019 Limited for 48,894 OTD +TTL once they've fixed the damage. The MSRP was 68,095 and looks like it was built last Oct, so it has been sitting on the lot for quite some time. I'll need to make sure the sunroof hasn't been leaking for the past year and I'm betting they have to drop the headliner to fix the dents in the roof, so will have them check and take pictures of those drains as well. Also going to have them check the airbag TSB but are there any others I should make sure have been applied due to the age of truck? Thanks to everyone who's posted their deals/negotiations, this is a huge help for those coming after you.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I don't know exactly what's going on with the prices from last week to this week, but the dealership up the road from me is still showing 47k for 68k Limited, with one slight catch, it has 1,500 in hail damage. So tentatively I've purchased an almost new 2019 Limited for 48,894 OTD +TTL once they've fixed the damage. The MSRP was 68,095 and looks like it was built last Oct, so it has been sitting on the lot for quite some time. I'll need to make sure the sunroof hasn't been leaking for the past year and I'm betting they have to drop the headliner to fix the dents in the roof, so will have them check and take pictures of those drains as well. Also going to have them check the airbag TSB but are there any others I should make sure have been applied due to the age of truck? Thanks to everyone who's posted their deals/negotiations, this is a huge help for those coming after you.
yeah, with that build date there are lots of potential TSB's to maybe fix. You need to search the forum for them, I have seen a couple fairly comprehensive lists... Perhaps Speedy could assist you with that. Other question is why a truck with that build date is still on the lot?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
hEY LMAW,
....They should flag you and your husband at that dealership as "A FLEET CUSTOMER" for the amount of purchased vehicles!!!!.....

Hey L2D, how are ya?! Oh i'm sure that i'm "flagged" at every dealer....but i don't think they put "fleet customer" next to our name...something more along the lines of "your worst nightmare....KEEP AWAY!"....lol

Back when i was selling trucks, i once had my customer come in around 6 and negotiate till almost 1 in the morning... she just was relentless... Got her way, tho...lol But honestly i am not THAT bad....lol

But absolutely you are right. Loyalty, truly, "great" Customer Service, even guarantees & warrantees... nothing even RESEMBLING a shadow of what they once did. I've been saying that for a while, i think i really noticed it all, "shift" around 2014.... Not sure why....

These days, its almost impossible to get your issue in front of, "a pair of eyes that actually has authorization" to resolve the issue. Everything just gets "escalated" to another person, another dept, another team, but never really goes anywhere....i think 2019 Customer Service, by design, is "just hoping the average customer just gets so worn down by the process they'll just give up". lol

Spooky8712

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I traded in my 2015 F-150 Lariat 502A LOADED with 36k on the odometer, for $32,000 (Original Sticker was $59,220). And this was a month ago. The truck recently sold off their lot - they were asking $35,100, so no telling what they actually got for it. Is that trade-in value what they offered you, or what NADA/KBB says it's worth?

-John
Thanks for your reply. 26500 is what they’re saying they’ll pay for it.

Spooky8712

Reaction score
Consider Carmax, Vroom, or Carvana for the F-150? Carvana just offered me $25k for my 2015 F-150 double cab, 302a, but 3.5 EB.
So I had Carmax take a look at it and they are offering 27100...but then when I buy the truck I don't get the sales tax benefit of a trade ($1590).

Spooky8712

Reaction score
Hi All,

I showed a local dealer the proposed deal I was about to accept and they're countering with a pretty aggressive offer I think. I'm pulling the trigger on this today. Here goes:
MSRP - $65,745
OTD Price $47,946 + TTT
Trade in offer is still $26500

Thoughts?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Hi All,

I showed a local dealer the proposed deal I was about to accept and they're countering with a pretty aggressive offer I think. I'm pulling the trigger on this today. Here goes:
MSRP - $65,745
OTD Price $47,946 + TTT

Thoughts?
That's 27% off, heck of a lot better than what I got. I have no comment on the trade as I don't know what it's worth in your area, condition etc... As long as you are ok with it. Plus, as you said, there's a sales tax consideration (since you don't pay as much). Maybe try to get them to match the discount FCA ext warranty prices too.

W2E5

Reaction score
Brought my truck home last night!

2019 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
$53k MSRP
$40.5k OTD+TTL
No trade in
It also had tint, pin stripes, locking lug nuts, etc. dealer installed already.

Probably could have negotiated down further but this purchase was by far the easiest I have done. Agreed through text and showed up and signed papers.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I got the same 3.99 thru Chrysler Credit back in late April, that was on 36 months. My bank was 4.09 for the same term.
PS - that 15% discount is not what I saw on their website at noon today. I was seeing $65K Limiteds down below $50K, which is like 24%.
Thanks for the feedback. I was referring to the 15% from FCA. That is a factory incentive. The dealer is still offering invoice minus holdback on their end, which covers the other 10% giving a total of about 25% off.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I was referring to the 15% from FCA. That is a factory incentive. The dealer is still offering invoice minus holdback on their end, which covers the other 10% giving a total of about 25% off.
You can't go wrong with that. Heck for 25% off I'd have taken just about any 2019 non-classic truck, that's a really good deal. Maybe next time, LOL...

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Hi All,

MSRP - $65,745
OTD Price $47,946 + TTT

Thoughts?

Push them to match the CarMax... but it *IS* only $600, so I wouldn't sweat it. Sounds like a sweet deal!

I might be a little jealous of all you who are benefiting from the increased incentives... but at the same time I drove my truck to work this morning and marveled at how comfortable and sweet it is :D

-John

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Push them to match the CarMax... but it *IS* only $600, so I wouldn't sweat it. Sounds like a sweet deal!

I might be a little jealous of all you who are benefiting from the increased incentives... but at the same time I drove my truck to work this morning and marveled at how comfortable and sweet it is :D

-John
I know that I am jealous, but it is what it is... At least I have a 19' RAM truck vs. still just sitting on the fence about it.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Well well, the rebates have now pushed back up over the $18K mark at my local dealer (Kville RAM in NC) on a limited. He has 36 limited's, but as before, all of the 13 (my truck color) Ivory tri-coat exteriors have the black interior. Not a single Indigo frost interior in sight. But for this price, a buyer may not care:

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Truck Crew Cab

TheRays

Reaction score
Well well, the rebates have now pushed back up over the $18K mark at my local dealer (Kville RAM in NC) on a limited. He has 36 limited's, but as before, all of the 13 (my truck color) Ivory tri-coat exteriors have the black interior. Not a single Indigo frost interior in sight. But for this price, a buyer may not care:

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Truck Crew Cab

Does that "Internet Price" of $49985 include specific incentives/rebates we need to qualify for, or is that all dealer discount or special pricing?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Does that "Internet Price" of $49985 include specific incentives/rebates we need to qualify for, or is that all dealer discount or special pricing?
You'd want to check on that as when I bought 6 weeks ago I had 2, count em, 2 additional rebates over the price shown. The $500 Chrysler Credit (added after) and the $1K USAA (also added after). So for me, that price was the price that anyone qualified for, then I got $1500 more (but the rebates were totaling like 11K, not $18.... :whistle:

I don't hardly think they have changed their way of doing things. Still, go online and ask or call if you are nearby or interested.

sparkygreen

Reaction score

I asked and they told me their advertised price does not include any conditional incentives. If you apply for any of those it is in addition to the price shown on their site. This was at Kville.

They do add a $600ish processing fee not shown on the website, but otherwise if its advertised you should be able to get it!

Thanks!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I asked and they told me their advertised price does not include any conditional incentives. If you apply for any of those it is in addition to the price shown on their site. This was at Kville.

They do add a $600ish processing fee not shown on the website, but otherwise if its advertised you should be able to get it!

Thanks!
Yep, I remember gritching about the "processing fee" (just extra profit) but then since I was kinda roped' into buying the one and only color combination available to me I had poor leverage. Now if going today, with 36 Limiteds to choose from, and 13 of them being Ivory exterior with black interiors, I'd try to halve that processing fee... Just sayin'.
Or speed dial Lil' Miss Always Wrong...

Spooky8712

Reaction score
That's 27% off, heck of a lot better than what I got. I have no comment on the trade as I don't know what it's worth in your area, condition etc... As long as you are ok with it. Plus, as you said, there's a sales tax consideration (since you don't pay as much). Maybe try to get them to match the discount FCA ext warranty prices too.
Thanks! I tried to negotiate 50% off on a tonneau top lol they didn’t budge but I feel good about the deal and trade so I’m excited to finalize this tonight. I’ll see what kind of deal I can get on that warranty you mentioned.

Spooky8712

Reaction score

-John
Thanks! Hindsight is 20/20. More importantly, you’re driving a bad *** truck!

Users who are viewing this thread