5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jflores14

Reaction score
Noticed this on local dealer sites as well. I test drove a Laramie yesterday and planned to go negotiate today. The dealer mentioned they had 15% off and it was active on all Rams. He claimed they were not made aware of it and they figured it out a couple days ago when it worked on all 2019's. Hopefully it was not a temporary glitch that corporate "fixed". I will report back my findings today.
Good luck on your negotiations. Hopefully it wasn't a glitch or if it is that your still able to apply it on your purchase. The 15% incentive is huge for Laramie and Limiteds especially since those trims hardly ever have big incentives/rebates from the manufacture.

Jflores14

Reaction score
For reference this is what I was quoted earlier this week on a 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie by Kernersville.

$52,950 MSRP
$40,975 OTD (before tax, title, tags)

I had USAA discount and competitive vehicle (F-150), no trade in.

I had multiple dealers advertising a flat 25% off before even negotiating on every new Ram on their website, but has since been pulled. They are still showing the 20% select inventory incentive but no longer the 15% all new ram incentive. I was originally planning on reaching out this upcoming week to negotiate, still hoping it wasn't a glitch by corporate that has since been fixed. Being in Texas and how competitive truck dealers are a 15% dealer discount isn't hard to come by. Combine with a 15% cash allowance incentive would of made for an amazing deal.

Also curious how much was the competitive vehicle incentive for that you were quoted with last week?

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
For reference this is what I was quoted earlier this week on a 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie by Kernersville.

$52,950 MSRP
$40,975 OTD (before tax, title, tags)

I had USAA discount and competitive vehicle (F-150), no trade in.

I was at Kernersville on Friday night......at North Point on Friday. I’ve been looking for a week and most are all stating 25% off MSRP.

I’m curious if they all will negotiate more off than the 25% off?

I was searching YouTube for June 2019 and nationally many are advertising a minimum of 25% off.

I am curious......if you order from a dealership do you still get all the rebates offered in June if it doesn’t arrive until July?

jastevenson

Reaction score
You only get the rebates for the same month that you take delivery, not the month you order. So they could go up or down.

Last edited:

jastevenson

Reaction score
BTW has anyone had luck getting this month’s large 15% discount on orders, or is it only for off the lot purchases?

Hustleman216

Reaction score
Ok settled in and made a deal today! Couldn’t drive it home because they had to do the recall on the air bags..
1500 limited
Delmonico Red/ indigo frost interior
22s and pano
Hemi no etorque
Crew cab 4x4
5’7 box.. no ram boxes
Msrp $68310
After their discounts $48390
$52,284 out the door after ttl
Gonna try to bargain for a torneau and all weather mats when I see finance tomorrow am

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was at Kernersville on Friday night......at North Point on Friday. I’ve been looking for a week and most are all stating 25% off MSRP.

I’m curious if they all will negotiate more off than the 25% off?

I was searching YouTube for June 2019 and nationally many are advertising a minimum of 25% off.

I am curious......if you order from a dealership do you still get all the rebates offered in June if it doesn’t arrive until July?
If you go back to Kernersville, I went through David (older guy). Very straightforward. I’m still amazed at the prices, great for you!

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
Ok settled in and made a deal today! Couldn’t drive it home because they had to do the recall on the air bags..
1500 limited
22s and pano
Hemi no etorque
Crew cab 4x4
5’7 box.. no ram boxes
Msrp $68310
Gonna try to bargain for a torneau and all weather mats when I see finance tomorrow am
Great deal. did they tell you how much was discount and how much was rebate? I’m looking at one that is priced at 59800 and they are coming down 14900 for discounts and rebate.......I still think they can come down more and give me more in a trade in. Sounds like Dodge is giving them all 25% off right off the bat.

Congrats!

DraKhen99

Reaction score
1500 limited
22s and pano
Hemi no etorque
Crew cab 4x4
5’7 box.. no ram boxes
Msrp $68310

Recall on the air bags? That's a new one by me! When was this announced?

-John

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I need to adopt that attitude, instead of moaning over recent rebate hikes, ha ha. At least my wife isn't chiding me for buying it (for her).

Yeah, if you stress about what you paid versus what others paid, even for the same truck, you won't enjoy it as much! Trust me, been there, it sucks.

As it was, with a sticker of $69,585 and an OTD price of $48,800, including almost $15k in positive equity, $1850 or so in tax savings, a 6yr/75k 3rd party warranty, and a 3yr/35k maintenance package, and paying down the APR from 3.99 to 3.31, my deal is as muddy as it can get! I still feel I did OK, and it was in my budget for the new truck, so I can't worry about what anyone else paid for their truck.

Also, my truck was 1 of 1 inside the 150 mile radius RAM lets you search for inventory, so it was either get that truck, or order a truck, and I didn't really want to wait.

Oh, and it's been my experience that whenever *I* buy something, the price will go down within a few weeks... lots of vehicles have done that, and most recently was a motorcycle Garmin GPS - price went down $100 literally 2 weeks after I bought it. By then, I'd set it up the way I like, installed it on my bike, and didn't really want to go through the hassle of packing it up and sending it back, just to re-order it. Life's too short, gotta move on :D

-John

Meetis

Reaction score
1500 limited
22s and pano
Hemi no etorque
Crew cab 4x4
5’7 box.. no ram boxes
Msrp $68310

Best I've seen so far, almost 30% off before ttl

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chavez98

Reaction score
I was going to special order but with these current deals I couldn’t. Here is my contribution.

MRSP: $66,200
Dealer: $7,881
Rebate: $9,930
Price: $48,389 (27%)

Spooky8712

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm considering the following deal, please advise...

2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4X2 5'7" box, Hemi no etorque

MSRP 64095 (Level 1 Equip, 22" wheels, sunroof, painted bumpers, and some other stuff...)

Dealer's coming back with 47500 + 995 dealer fee + TTT

Trade in value = 26500. 2017 F150 XLT with 37k miles. Good condition 2.7L eco, 302a package, sport package, and nav.

Thoughts?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I need to adopt that attitude, instead of moaning over recent rebate hikes, ha ha. At least my wife isn't chiding me for buying it (for her).

Hey willwork : ) This is our 21'st RAM purchase since 2001 (yup, we go thru 'em : ) and i purchased just 3 days (that's t-h-r-e-e- 3 days - count 'em) before these rebates went into effect.

I, (like others) got a decent price, but i easily would saved a couple of thousand more. I've sent communications through numerous channels, and dealer himself is working with me and has reached out to the rep to see if ANYTHING can be done. (Can we say "complete waste of time?!)

Haven't even had time for the forum becuz i been so busy bugging everyone regarding this issue from FCA to the Easter Bunny : )

In the end i'll prolly just get some "free oil change" coupons (big whoop : ) but just knowing i didn't take this news "laying down" makes me feel better...20 RAMS in 20 years, if we're not their best customer, i don't know who is.... But like their "ridiculously titled loyalty rebate" i don't expect they even know what "loyalty" is......

i just can't help but feel its "bad business" to offer such a significant savings from one month to next WITHOUT any sort of "price matching" procedure in place for customers who purchased within a 7-14 day time frame of the new rates... Every "big box" store does it, stands to reason FCA should as well.... But then, i'm acting as if "Ram Cares, and if you've ever dealt with them, you know as well as i do they should change that name to "Ram Listens - But We Don't Act"

Doesn't matter, in the end, i love love love my new truck, its very possible to do that while hating on the mfg- take it from me : )

i think i make EXTRA trips to places JUST so i can put purchases in the RAMBOX and i must've wasted AT LEAST a tank of gas just, "starting my truck" with my Apple watch over a million times already...lol

Last edited:

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
If the dealer finds you another vehicle somewhere else.......do they lose the "holdback"?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Lil Miss, that far and away outstrips my petty complaint about missing out! I do hope that something can be done for you.
I knew that Fords have a July sales event but a salesman said RAM didn't, so I bought in April (different dealer).
Don't kick too hard, just wait till they rebate again for RAM #21 I guess...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yeah, if you stress about what you paid versus what others paid, even for the same truck, you won't enjoy it as much! Trust me, been there, it sucks.

As it was, with a sticker of $69,585 and an OTD price of $48,800, including almost $15k in positive equity, $1850 or so in tax savings, a 6yr/75k 3rd party warranty, and a 3yr/35k maintenance package, and paying down the APR from 3.99 to 3.31, my deal is as muddy as it can get! I still feel I did OK, and it was in my budget for the new truck, so I can't worry about what anyone else paid for their truck.

Also, my truck was 1 of 1 inside the 150 mile radius RAM lets you search for inventory, so it was either get that truck, or order a truck, and I didn't really want to wait.

Oh, and it's been my experience that whenever *I* buy something, the price will go down within a few weeks... lots of vehicles have done that, and most recently was a motorcycle Garmin GPS - price went down $100 literally 2 weeks after I bought it. By then, I'd set it up the way I like, installed it on my bike, and didn't really want to go through the hassle of packing it up and sending it back, just to re-order it. Life's too short, gotta move on :D

-John
Totally agree. I have to remember that we couldn't find anything better in several states at the time and her color desires were quite specific. Since it was for her, I should zip it! I'm more of a Bighorn cloth guy myself.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Hey willwork : ) This is our 21'st RAM purchase since 2001 (yup, we go thru 'em : ) and i purchased just 3 days (that's t-h-r-e-e- 3 days - count 'em) before these rebates went into effect.

I, (like others) got a decent price, but i easily would saved a couple of thousand more. I've sent communications through numerous channels, and dealer himself is working with me and has reached out to the rep to see if ANYTHING can be done. (Can we say "complete waste of time?!)

Haven't even had time for the forum becuz i been so busy bugging everyone regarding this issue from FCA to the Easter Bunny : )

In the end i'll prolly just get some "free oil change" coupons (big whoop : ) but just knowing i didn't take this news "laying down" makes me feel better...20 RAMS in 20 years, if we're not their best customer, i don't know who is.... But like their "ridiculously titled loyalty rebate" i don't expect they even know what "loyalty" is......

i just can't help but feel its "bad business" to offer such a significant savings from one month to next WITHOUT any sort of "price matching" procedure in place for customers who purchased within a 7-14 day time frame of the new rates... Every "big box" store does it, stands to reason FCA should as well.... But then, i'm acting as if "Ram Cares, and if you've ever dealt with them, you know as well as i do they should change that name to "Ram Listens - But We Don't Act"

Doesn't matter, in the end, i love love love my new truck, its very possible to do that while hating on the mfg- take it from me : )

View attachment 27734

i think i make EXTRA trips to places JUST so i can put purchases in the RAMBOX and i must've wasted AT LEAST a tank of gas just, "starting my truck with my Apple" watch over a million times already...lol
hEY LMAW,

I am huge on loyalty...but in most companies now days it gone.

Some will argue, you can't just return a vehicle like you can return a product at Walmart/Amazon. I say go for it!!!! At the most you lose a little time/gas. The gain is like you stated in the thousands in savings. So what if they have to do some paperwork/etc to get the vehicle back on the books then sell it again. Unless there are some specific laws governing this, it will boil down to that company's return policies.

They should flag you and your husband at that dealership as "A FLEET CUSTOMER" for the amount of purchased vehicles!!!! That way you get something for your volume purchases!!!!

I would do the math and see how much it really is (that way you have a figure) and then, if they throw peanuts at you with oil changes...you can negotiate "more" to get closer to that figure.

I have worked for big corporations as management and know the way of bending policies/procedures-creating new rules just for the big customers etc. Work them GIRL!!!!

Think of how FCA will do a buy back....it is their procedures....they dictate (along with the lemon laws) to customers their procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread