5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

yellowboy

Reaction score
On the RAM site for some reason when I build a truck it only lets me search 25 miles out - I click on the 25 and nothing ??

W2E5

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm considering the following deal, please advise...

2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4X2 5'7" box, Hemi no etorque

MSRP 64095 (Level 1 Equip, 22" wheels, sunroof, painted bumpers, and some other stuff...)

Dealer's coming back with 47500 + 995 dealer fee + TTT

Trade in value = 26500. 2017 F150 XLT with 37k miles. Good condition 2.7L eco, 302a package, sport package, and nav.

Thoughts?

Consider Carmax, Vroom, or Carvana for the F-150? Carvana just offered me $25k for my 2015 F-150 double cab, 302a, but 3.5 EB.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Totally agree. I have to remember that we couldn't find anything better in several states at the time and her color desires were quite specific. Since it was for her, I should zip it! I'm more of a Bighorn cloth guy myself.

Yes, you should - happy wife, happy life, right? Although, in my case it's Keep the husband happy, and everyone else is spared! LOL

Also, I have 2 kids under 4, so time is severely limited - I even took my toddler on one of my RAM test drives. Add in the need to get Grandma to babysit when we go out to do a test drive and/or buy a vehicle just makes it more painful. It wasn't worth it to me to shop 4 dealers and spend hours on the phone like I used to. Unlike Ford dealers, there aren't many RAM dealers close to my house (the closest dealer I will *never* set foot on any of their chain's lots), so I would've been driving a while to find a truck anyway.

Unlike your wife, I made color a secondary consideration on this truck... my last truck it was very high on the priority list. It was just too difficult to find the options I really wanted versus color, and Billet Silver looks pretty good (I would've preferred Patriot Blue, Ivory White, and Delmonico Red, but Billet Silver was my 4th choice).

-John

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm considering the following deal, please advise...

2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4X2 5'7" box, Hemi no etorque

MSRP 64095 (Level 1 Equip, 22" wheels, sunroof, painted bumpers, and some other stuff...)

Dealer's coming back with 47500 + 995 dealer fee + TTT

Trade in value = 26500. 2017 F150 XLT with 37k miles. Good condition 2.7L eco, 302a package, sport package, and nav.

Thoughts?

For what it's worth, I traded in my 2015 F-150 Lariat 502A LOADED with 36k on the odometer, for $32,000 (Original Sticker was $59,220). And this was a month ago. The truck recently sold off their lot - they were asking $35,100, so no telling what they actually got for it. Is that trade-in value what they offered you, or what NADA/KBB says it's worth?

-John

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Ordered a Rebel Crew Cab w/ 5.7 Hemi, Level 2 equipment group, block heater, 8.4 no NAV, spray in bed liner, rear wheel liners, side steps, blind spot monitoring. MSRP $56,200 got them down to $48,300 +TTL. What do you think about the deal?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ordered a Rebel Crew Cab w/ 5.7 Hemi, Level 2 equipment group, block heater, 8.4 no NAV, spray in bed liner, rear wheel liners, side steps, blind spot monitoring. MSRP $56,200 got them down to $48,300 +TTL. What do you think about the deal?
Rebel's don't seem to be discounted as much due to their more limited buyer, vs. say a Bighorn. Since a newer member here traded a late model Raptor for a Rebel, I'd say you have a good truck for a fair price.

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
For reference this is what I was quoted earlier this week on a 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie by Kernersville.

$52,950 MSRP
$40,975 OTD (before tax, title, tags)

I had USAA discount and competitive vehicle (F-150), no trade in.

Interested to know if you're still getting this offer? I've noticed most of the web sites that had prices down around 30% discounts on Limited models have pulled them back and are now more than last month. So as it looks today, they took that 15% away from all Ram's and are only trying to get rid of the Bighorns at this time.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Interested to know if you're still getting this offer? I've noticed most of the web sites that had prices down around 30% discounts on Limited models have pulled them back and are now more than last month. So as it looks today, they took that 15% away from all Ram's and are only trying to get rid of the Bighorns at this time.
When I was looking at dealers in order to answer posters price queries I noticed the same thing going on, the Limiteds had dropped from as high as $17K off down to the more "average" $10-11K. The Laramie Longhorn rebates were even less.
It is weird that they would change so quickly, it's very frustrating for a buyer to know when to look.

I'd say just look at Dillon RAM in ID and a few other big names in varying regions (try doing a search by state in the major cities). It takes a while but that's how I found the bigger discounts for some people to look at . I never tried the FCA/RAM search tool for finding trucks.

W2E5

Reaction score

Yes, but going with another dealer that beat it by $500. Picking up this afternoon, assuming they do not try any crazy stuff when I get there to sign the papers. Right about 23.6% off MSRP.

Seems like it was a 15% off rebate, or all the other rebates (you qualify for) but not both. This matched the other dealers paper work. So my USAA rebate did not stack for example.

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
When I was looking at dealers in order to answer posters price queries I noticed the same thing going on, the Limiteds had dropped from as high as $17K off down to the more "average" $10-11K. The Laramie Longhorn rebates were even less.
It is weird that they would change so quickly, it's very frustrating for a buyer to know when to look.

I'd say just look at Dillon RAM in ID and a few other big names in varying regions (try doing a search by state in the major cities). It takes a while but that's how I found the bigger discounts for some people to look at . I never tried the FCA/RAM search tool for finding trucks.

lol, that's exactly the site that I noticed it on first, a Limited with an MSRP at 69k was listed yesterday for 47k and today shows 57k. There is still a dealer I was looking at that hasn't updated their web site, I've emailed and waiting to hear back from, but it's been over an hour so guessing they're scrambling to figure out what's going on. I wasted last week talking to 3 dealers with Longhorns that didn't want to go below 15% off MSRP, so really hoping this is a glitch and can still grab a Limited at a ridiculously low price.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
one dealer gave a huge 12k dealer discount but the discount was contingent on a trade in, otherwise its only 6k pretty annoying.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
As of 12 pm today, there are still 16 Limiteds with $17K discounts on the Kernersville RAM website. I have no idea just how current their page is, but 16 is a lot...
Every one of them has the black interior... that's why it wouldn't do me any good to try and trade! Ha Ha

Jflores14

Reaction score
Is it just me or has the 15% cash allowance incentive on all models been removed from the Ram website? All I still see is the 20% incentive for the old inventory(15% of oldest stock) of bighorn/lonestar edition and 15% incentive on all 2019 Classic editions.
I'm seeing the same thing, however some dealer websites I was looking at have pulled back the 15% incentive from their website. Some dealers around me still show it. It use to show on Rams main page, but looks to me that it has been change to just Classic editions and no longer all new version of every trim level.

I have been saying this since Saturday night. Haven't got confirmation but looks like it may have been a glitched that it applied to all trim levels. If you are the fence on buying and are still able to get the 15% incentive on the higher trims I wouldnt wait any longer and try to lock it down as soon as possible.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
The salesperson I have been emailing with at Kernersville confirmed the pricing is valid through end of June. Now take that for what you will, if it was a glitch it might not have filtered down to everyone yet, but as of this morning she says 15% will carry all month. At this point the pricing is hard to beat, but interest rates are a little higher than I'd like to see them. I was hoping the Fed might lower the rate next week. If they do, Id love to save a 1/4-1/2 point on the APR.

Best I can find is with my current lender PenFed 3.49% for 60 or 3.99% for 72.

Anyone know of anything better for tier 1 credit?

Thanks!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The salesperson I have been emailing with at Kernersville confirmed the pricing is valid through end of June. Now take that for what you will, if it was a glitch it might not have filtered down to everyone yet, but as of this morning she says 15% will carry all month. At this point the pricing is hard to beat, but interest rates are a little higher than I'd like to see them. I was hoping the Fed might lower the rate next week. If they do, Id love to save a 1/4-1/2 point on the APR.

Thanks!
I got the same 3.99 thru Chrysler Credit back in late April, that was on 36 months. My bank was 4.09 for the same term.
PS - that 15% discount is not what I saw on their website at noon today. I was seeing $65K Limiteds down below $50K, which is like 24%.

Tiger79

Reaction score

Thanks!
If you can do USAA, depending on credit, with autopay you should be able to get 3.49 for 72 also with delayed payments up to 60 days.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If you can do USAA, depending on credit, with autopay you should be able to get 3.49 for 72 also with delayed payments up to 60 days.
True, however you don't get the Chrysler Credit $500 rebate, which you only have to keep with Chrysler for 90 days then you can refi... I wanted to refi with USAA but accountant wife said don't bother, sooooo, 1 less thing to remember to do. (That's based on paying it off within a year anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread