5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got home from buying my new Ram. I got it at Don Jackson just south of Atlanta. I know another poster didn't have a good experience with them, but I enjoyed mine.
Limited 4x4 billet silver, pano roof, level 1 package, 33 gal tank.
Sticker of $66,375
OTD everything included $51,000
They have a granite crystal one that is pretty much the exact same stock #R201439 if anyone is looking for a similar set up.
I think I might have even seen a white and a black one that are similar when I was messing around with the build search on the Ram website.
Another verifiable great price, and another happy RAM owner. Keep em’ coming! (y)

Professor

Reaction score
Hey professor, sure hope you were able to either drop that previous deal or renegotiate. I’ve kinda made it my month’s purpose to get the word out there with proof from dealers ads, that nobody needs to pay more than say $50k for a Limited (even if I did, ha ha), until the rebates end. Id like a lot of the fence sitters out there to jump on these deals asap.
Thanks, I ended up at $52,000. I'm pretty satisfied with it and my awesome new ride.

BROUGHTs

Reaction score
Same here. Huge 27% discounts on ANY in-stock 1500s at Lithia dealerships, probably nationwide. Local dealer only wanted to do 25% but when I showed them 27% in the next city over they came down to that. Hard to pass up that kind of discounting! 15% comes from FCA, and the rest from the dealer. And of course salesman swears they are losing money on every one. I guess the dealer should be out of business soon. ;)

culprit

Reaction score
New member here and thinking about making the switch to a new RAM truck. Currently have a 2005 Z71 Crew Cab. Prices here in Maine are somewhere between 20% off MSRP and 24.7% off. I've narrowed my search down to 4 trucks with the Off-Road package. A couple Tradesman models and a couple Big Horns. I really like the Patriot Blue Big Horn but the dealer won't budge better than 20% and is a little low on my trade. What other tactics can I do? I also am USAA and retired military. I've already completed the financing through RAM with 5 yrs at 2.93% Thanks.

Specs are: Patriot Blue Bighorn, Off-Road group, Level 2 Equipment Group, 3.92 gears, 5.7 Hemi (Non-E-torque). MSRP 48,870 Sales Price: 39,096. The second truck is a Maximum Steel Tradesman with Customer preferred Package 27A, Chrome Package, Spray-in bedliner, Off-Road Group, Level 1 Equipment Group, 3.92 gears, 5.7 E-torque, Rear Wheelhouse liners. MSRP 46,765 Sales Price 35,205

Last edited:

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
With these discounts on Limiteds maybe I should cancel my order for the Rebel.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
New member here and thinking about making the switch to a new RAM truck. Currently have a 2005 Z71 Crew Cab. Prices here in Maine are somewhere between 20% off MSRP and 24.7% off. I've narrowed my search down to 4 trucks with the Off-Road package. A couple Tradesman models and a couple Big Horns. I really like the Patriot Blue Big Horn but the dealer won't budge better than 20% and is a little low on my trade. What other tactics can I do? I also am USAA and retired military. I've already completed the financing through RAM with 5 yrs at 2.93% Thanks.

Specs are: Patriot Blue Bighorn, Off-Road group, Level 2 Equipment Group, 3.92 gears, 5.7 Hemi (Non-E-torque). MSRP 48,870 Sales Price: 39,096. The second truck is a Maximum Steel Tradesman with Customer preferred Package 27A, Chrome Package, Spray-in bedliner, Off-Road Group, Level 1 Equipment Group, 3.92 gears, 5.7 E-torque, Rear Wheelhouse liners. MSRP 46,765 Sales Price 35,205

How did you get 2.93% for 60mo from Ram? That's a great rate. They are quoting me 4%+ for tier 1 credit with Ram (Chrysler Capital). Are you sure that's not a USAA finance rate, which would make more sense?

Your best bet for negotiation is to find another dealer that is offering a bigger discount on the same or very similar truck. Check the Kernersville Ram website or some of the other high volume dealers mentioned in this thread. Find one as close as possible to what you are looking at print it off and show them.

Good luck!!

sparkygreen

Reaction score
How did you get 2.93% for 60mo from Ram? That's a great rate. They are quoting me 4%+ for tier 1 credit with Ram (Chrysler Capital). Are you sure that's not a USAA finance rate, which would make more sense?

Your best bet for negotiation is to find another dealer that is offering a bigger discount on the same or very similar truck. Check the Kernersville Ram website or some of the other high volume dealers mentioned in this thread. Find one as close as possible to what you are looking at print it off and show them.

Good luck!!
Scratch that. Upon further research, I see now the Big Horn trim level has better rates than the Limited models. That is how you got under 3% for 60mo from Ram. Sorry for the confusion.

culprit

Reaction score
Scratch that. Upon further research, I see now the Big Horn trim level has better rates than the Limited models. That is how you got under 3% for 60mo from Ram. Sorry for the confusion.

For the right price I'd hop a plane to Kernersville. I live in Maine so it's slim pickins up here. One dealership had only 5 trucks and wouldn't budge at all. Except on a Rugged Brown Tradesman.

Cravenschild

Reaction score
I just got home from buying my new Ram. I got it at Don Jackson just south of Atlanta. I know another poster didn't have a good experience with them, but I enjoyed mine.
Limited 4x4 billet silver, pano roof, level 1 package, 33 gal tank.
Sticker of $66,375
OTD everything included $51,000
They have a granite crystal one that is pretty much the exact same stock #R201439 if anyone is looking for a similar set up.
I think I might have even seen a white and a black one that are similar when I was messing around with the build search on the Ram website.

That was me, but I wouldn't call it a 100% bad experience. They were hesitant to talk about any pricing until I drove all the way to them which gave me more time to find Palmer Dodge. Palmer guaranteed the 12-14K in discounts before I even touched the lot so I ended up not going to Don Jackson. The bad experience was their sales guy essentially hanging up on me after I told him I bought somewhere else instead of doing it the right way and congratulating me on my new RAM and telling me to keep them in mind for any services needed. Glad you had better luck with them!

culprit

Reaction score
For the right price I'd hop a plane to Kernersville. I live in Maine so it's slim pickins up here. One dealership had only 5 trucks and wouldn't budge at all. Except on a Rugged Brown Tradesman.
All these people buying Limited trucks. Geez. We have to pay an excise tax at registration. I couldn't take that or the payment. Ouch.

culprit

Reaction score
Is there a place online to figure out invoice prices? Is it worth using that as leverage? After a little searching it looks like the standard 20% off is way under invoice anyway.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up at $52,000. I'm pretty satisfied with it and my awesome new ride.
well your sig shows some extra options, rambox, 33, tonneau, bedstep so there's some $ there. Nicely equipped truck by the way... (y)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Same here. Huge 27% discounts on ANY in-stock 1500s at Lithia dealerships, probably nationwide. Local dealer only wanted to do 25% but when I showed them 27% in the next city over they came down to that. Hard to pass up that kind of discounting! 15% comes from FCA, and the rest from the dealer. And of course salesman swears they are losing money on every one. I guess the dealer should be out of business soon. ;)
And you are contributing to the unemployment rate! Shame on you! o_O:eek:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score

Would you be willing to fly to a better market?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
All these people buying Limited trucks. Geez. We have to pay an excise tax at registration. I couldn't take that or the payment. Ouch.
A family member was pricing out a Laramie at KVille, $12K off as of last night, vs $17K off for a Limited. I told him that getting the extra packages on the Laramie and having a reduced incentive discount made the math work a lot closer to the Limited price... It also depends on colors and such, as well as the air suspension, power running boards and 12" screen being standard on the Limited and not on the Laramie. I don't think he wants the 3 things just mentioned, so for him the Laramie is likely the better choice. Nice to have "choice". (y)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Within reason and for the right price I guess.
so how about this: "I just picked up a 2019 Limited 4X4 from Faulkner Ram in Mechancisburg, PA. Sticked at $65,999, the out the door price was $49,718.97."

PA isn't that far of a plane trip...

culprit

Reaction score
so how about this: "I just picked up a 2019 Limited 4X4 from Faulkner Ram in Mechancisburg, PA. Sticked at $65,999, the out the door price was $49,718.97."

PA isn't that far of a plane trip...
Looking now at their inventory. Really want a Patriot Blue or Billet Silver with the Off-Road package. Has to be a Crew Cab. Chrome bumpers. The rest is Gravy.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Looking now at their inventory. Really want a Patriot Blue or Billet Silver with the Off-Road package. Has to be a Crew Cab. Chrome bumpers. The rest is Gravy.
Hope you find something closer to you. Isn't there a dealer in NY state that could have something?

I just tried a quick search in Albany NY, its the off-road package that seems to be the hangup... Several Patriot Blue trucks, Bighorn and Laramie, just no ORP. You may want to order...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread