5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Tiger79

Reaction score
Found dealer offering for 47k on the black one, told other dealer with white one it was exact same truck they had but in white, however the dealer with the white truck was 2k more than the other dealer. I Let them know I was coming to get a truck tomorrow and if they would match the other dealer price and add $500 for the ivory and $200 for processing and match trade price, they would have a deal. They made it happen, if it falls through, the dealer with the black truck is just 40 more miles down the road and I can go get the black one.

Black looks killer when its clean, just on gravel in the summer, that is hard to do. I am ok as I have a $25 a month unlimited car wash club. I figured it would take 8 months of that a year for 10 years to make up the 2k price difference when the other dealer was not dropping their price, so I was OK with black.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Found dealer offering for 47k on the black one, told other dealer with white one it was exact same truck they had but in white, however the dealer with the white truck was 2k more than the other dealer. I Let them know I was coming to get a truck tomorrow and if they would match the other dealer price and add $500 for the ivory and $200 for processing and match trade price, they would have a deal. They made it happen, if it falls through, the dealer with the black truck is just 40 more miles down the road and I can go get the black one.

Black looks killer when its clean, just on gravel in the summer, that is hard to do. I am ok as I have a $25 a month unlimited car wash club. I figured it would take 8 months of that a year for 10 years to make up the 2k price difference when the other dealer was not dropping their price, so I was OK with black.
Cool, what was the value of the trade? Is that factored into the final out the door price?

Tiger79

Reaction score
$10k is target for trade, so financing 38k before ttl. Using USAA as no requirement of Capitol Chrysler, so rate is much better.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
$10k is target for trade, so financing 38k before ttl. Using USAA as no requirement of Capitol Chrysler, so rate is much better.
Seems like you got over 27% off msrp. Thats the best I have seen so far, and on a longhorn that is even more impressive. Good job!

Big Bert

Reaction score
Anyone able to stack additional rebates on top of the current 20% program on a older stock? Some nice deals out there!

yellowboy

Reaction score
At the top right of the link where it says "change" and has a zip code there, click on it and add your zip code. Then once the page refreshes, go to the left side of the page where it says "search within" and click one time on the little black circle (with 3 lines in it) and hold down and slide it over it will increase the mileage of the search. This way you can search up to 150 miles of the zip code you put at the top right of the screen.

I remember there was a big volume dodge dealership in Virginia that had some great deals when I was looking; just cant remember their name/zip code. You just have to play around with the link and modify it to what you are searching for in your truck.

When you are looking at the trucks that are available, you may have "exact matches" or it may say "8 of 10" ---click on the "8 of 10" and it will show you what matches and what it did not have based on the criteria you selected on the left side of the selection screen. You can change many things on the left side, crew/quad cab, drive 2 or 4wheel etc...
Again, you just have to play around with it. Once you find the vehicle you like click on the "view dealer site" black bar to the right of the vehicle and it will take you to the dealership's website so that you can see it further in detail.

I found Hillsborough NC:

some others-----

I put in a zip code near Richmond VA (23173) came up with a few. Here is one of them:

Another:

Put some time into it/may seem frustrating a bit but the savings and a trip to one of these other places may be worth it to you with the deals that are out there now.
Thanks for all the help, have checked them out and will do more research today. Called Kville Ram some close BUT trying to avoid a sunroof but that's hard in a Limited.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, have checked them out and will do more research today. Called Kville Ram some close BUT trying to avoid a sunroof but that's hard in a Limited.
Most all ltds have that and 22;s, though I did see a Kville ltd with 20’s. Really great deals out there, as you already know!

Hustleman216

Reaction score
So I have a deal on the table for a patriot blue limited ..5.7 with e torque, pano,33 gal tank, 22s, ram boxes, and bed utility.. msrp 71,380... offering me 57000 out the door .. thoughts ? I’m in northeast Ohio

Jflores14

Reaction score
So I have a deal on the table for a patriot blue limited ..5.7 with e torque, pano,33 gal tank, 22s, ram boxes, and bed utility.. msrp 71,380... offering me 57000 out the door .. thoughts ? I’m in northeast Ohio
No trade on this? On the surface looks like a pretty good deal. Without knowing sales tax rate and dealer fees kind of hard to know if it's the best deal. With the 15% ram rebate incentive available on all models this month there's going to be some great deals posted. Would think a 15% ram incentive and 12%-15% dealer discount would be something to shoot for. Total of 27% min off msrp before taxes and fees.

ET32913

Reaction score
I am working a new deal on a Laramie (Blk Appearance Pkg) instead of the 21.6% off Limited I initially looked at. I'm in Washington State.

MSRP $65015
Dealer Discount $6500
Rebates $9752
Price before TTL $48763 (25% off)

big ram

Reaction score
just got back with my new ram 1500 laramie after spending 5 hours with the dealership, here is what I got:
MSRP: 52614
Sale price: 37656.95
OTD price: 41000
7 yr extended warranty: 1500

Trailer–Tow Group
Bed Utility Group
Level 1 Equipment Group
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
5.7–Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine

They do have another cheaper but very basic laramie available, e-price 32k. They also have a limited for 41.5k (MSRP 61k) but it was out of my budget. All these cheap ones were built last year around Nov. We tested two trucks both with less than 20 miles. What surprised me was that they even allow me to use my amex card to pay in full.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
dealer has a 2019 laramie sport 60.8k MSRP and shown on their website after dealer discount and 15% MSRP incentive as 42.8k. Good?
(hemi etorque, 4x4, 12" screen, level 2, trail brake, anti spin, sport appearance, side steps)

ET32913

Reaction score
I am working a new deal on a Laramie (Blk Appearance Pkg) instead of the 21.6% off Limited I initially looked at. I'm in Washington State.

MSRP $65015
Dealer Discount $6500
Rebates $9752
Price before TTL $48763 (25% off)

Well we brought her home. This entire idea to upgrade from the Big Horn was the wife’s idea (YWMV lol).

Blk Appearance Pkg
Adv Safety Grp
Level 2
Anti-spin
Pano sunroof
Bed step
Power running boards
Wheelhouse liners
33-gal fuel
12” Display (she wanted it bigger lol)
Trailer brake controller

D7BF97B6-AB10-4FFE-A3FF-FC3DFBEC1F1B.jpeg

Jflores14

Reaction score
Is it just me or has the 15% cash allowance incentive on all models been removed from the Ram website? All I still see is the 20% incentive for the old inventory(15% of oldest stock) of bighorn/lonestar edition and 15% incentive on all 2019 Classic editions.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
there are some crazy prices at the dealer websites, seeing 66.7k MSRP Limiteds discounted to 45k with the 15% off select inventory discount

BigSkyJK

Reaction score
Wow! I've been sitting on the fence waiting to see what the 2020's bring to the table but I now see a dealer offering 27% off sticker price on any Ram 1500 in inventory. This might be too good of a deal to pass up.

Jflores14

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same thing, however some dealer websites I was looking at have pulled back the 15% incentive from their website. Some dealers around me still show it. It use to show on Rams main page, but looks to me that it has been change to just Classic editions and no longer all new version of every trim level.

W2E5

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same thing, however some dealer websites I was looking at have pulled back the 15% incentive from their website. Some dealers around me still show it. It use to show on Rams main page, but looks to me that it has been change to just Classic editions and no longer all new version of every trim level.

Noticed this on local dealer sites as well. I test drove a Laramie yesterday and planned to go negotiate today. The dealer mentioned they had 15% off and it was active on all Rams. He claimed they were not made aware of it and they figured it out a couple days ago when it worked on all 2019's. Hopefully it was not a temporary glitch that corporate "fixed". I will report back my findings today.

W2E5

Reaction score
For reference this is what I was quoted earlier this week on a 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie by Kernersville.

$52,950 MSRP
$40,975 OTD (before tax, title, tags)

I had USAA discount and competitive vehicle (F-150), no trade in.

Users who are viewing this thread