5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Falv125

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn 4x4 V6 Crew Cab 5.7 box with Rambox , BUG, and North Edition
Retail Price: $52655
Sales Price $40000
Rebate: $6500
Cash Down: $8000
Trade: $10,000
Monthly Payment:~$450

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
This is not just RAM - it's all truck manufacturers. When you get to the highest trim levels of each brand, the discounts are lower. The Ford XLT and RAM BigHorn get the biggest discounts, and then the Lariat/Laramie trim levels get a little less. Getting into a Limited from either brand, the discounts will be the least. It's just how it's done. My RAM dealer told me that buyers looking at the top trim levels can afford to get less of a discount. It is what it is. Also, the RAM Limited is awesome!

-John

Be mindful of the interaction between factory incentives and dealer discounts. The factory incentives are usually larger on the lower trims, those are the vehicles the manufacturer wants to move. The dealer makes more profit off the higher trims, thus have more ability to give larger discounts to eat into their profits. The question is what options do you want and where do the factory incentives and the dealer discounts intersect (and that will be extremely dealer specific and even individual vehicle specific.)

ET32913

Reaction score
Looking at maybe upgrading from a big horn to a limited. Dealer has a “once in a lifetime” offer going on lol. MSRP $68630 with a discount of $14845 brings the price before TTL/trade to $53785...21.6% off. What do you guys think?

Sorry but I should’ve disclosed this earlier...it might help potential buyers. Not sure if all dealers are getting this incentive from the manufacturer but until 1 July, all in-stock LIMITEDS are 15% off MSRP before any dealer discounts.

Professor

Reaction score
Sorry but I should’ve disclosed this earlier...it might help potential buyers. Not sure if all dealers are getting this incentive from the manufacturer but until 1 July, all in-stock LIMITEDS are 15% off MSRP before any dealer discounts.
Is that just a local deal? I'm in Florida and about to accept delivery this evening on a Limited. I'm definitely not 15% off MSRP, even with the dealer discounts.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Be mindful of the interaction between factory incentives and dealer discounts. The factory incentives are usually larger on the lower trims, those are the vehicles the manufacturer wants to move. The dealer makes more profit off the higher trims, thus have more ability to give larger discounts to eat into their profits. The question is what options do you want and where do the factory incentives and the dealer discounts intersect (and that will be extremely dealer specific and even individual vehicle specific.)

Good point about the different incentives and discounts. I probably over-payed by a little (or a lot, depending on where you live), but at the end of the day, I priced out everything from the Laramie trim level on up to a Limited, and found that for less than $5,000 difference between a gussied-up Laramie (the equivalent to the Lariat F-150 I had, with all the bells & whistles I wanted in a RAM), it made more sense to get the Limited. Wheels, leather, trim, other little extras all made sense to me, and my wife wasn't complaining [loudly enough for me to hear].

Now that my truck has almost 1,200 miles on it, I am as happy as I've been with a vehicle in a LONG time! This truck is literally a stress-reliever for me, so whatever the cost is, I am a happy camper.

-John

ET32913

Reaction score
Is that just a local deal? I'm in Florida and about to accept delivery this evening on a Limited. I'm definitely not 15% off MSRP, even with the dealer discounts.

Not sure to be honest. I only had a chance to speak with one dealer before leaving town for the week. Going to check inventory and e-mail a few other dealers when I get a chance.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's available in NC for sure - look up Kernersville RAM. I just about got sick when I saw what I could have saved vs. buying on 4/24...

ET32913

Reaction score
It's available in NC for sure - look up Kernersville RAM. I just about got sick when I saw what I could have saved vs. buying on 4/24...

I’d prefer a laramie w/ black appreance pkg similarly equipped to a limited. But the deal I’m contemplating for the limited just seems like a no-brainer, even if I dislike chrome!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does that "Sticker" include destination charge? Just curious.
my guess is no, simply due to my failed experience at buying a truck in the DC area and I found that several of their dealers added the freight/destination charge onto the very bottom. However, verify first. Even so, its still a heck of a price.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I was ready to wait until 2020, but this is intriguing. Some of the Limiteds on Kernersville Ram's site are 25% off MSRP. That is going to be hard to pass up....

Hustleman216

Reaction score
Yeah they have some insane pricing going on now... if i can find one with Ramboxes and frost interior I’m going to get one!

Professor

Reaction score
Just got home with my new Limited, Level 1 package, 33 gal tank, anti slip, pano sunroof, rambox, and 22" wheels. Got the dealer to install the tonneau for free. MSRP $68,550, less $16,000 in discounts. Pretty happy. Even got another 0.25% off the interest by getting an extended warranty.

Thrilled with my first new truck in 13 years!

RamDT

Reaction score

I think this is an FCA cash incentive offer, should be available for all dealers (but dealers may not let you know or mention that on their websites), and 15% off applies for ALL trims (from Tradesman all the way up to Limited):

Percentage Based Offer (1)
MANUFACTURER OFFER

15% Off MSRP Retail Bonus Cash
Offer valid 06/04/2019 through 07/01/2019
*Disclaimer

Qualification
: This program is not compatible with ANY OTHER programs.

Plus dealer's discount, I think 25~30% off MSRP before TTL is not hard to get!

And for some specific Tradesman and Big Horn/Lone Star Crew Cab 4 * 4, there is a 20% off offer

MANUFACTURER OFFER

20% Off MSRP Retail Bonus Cash
Offer valid 06/04/2019 through 07/01/2019
*Disclaimer

Eligibility
: The vehicle must have the sales code 7R8 to be eligible for the program. (seems like 15% oldest inventory on dealers' lots)
Qualification: This program is not compatible with any other programs.

Looks that June is another RAM TRUCK MONTH ^_^, I think FCA wants to beat Silverado's second quarter sales number again and get closer to F150.

Hope this helps for potential buyers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/