5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jrex

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 2019 Ram Limited Loaded to the max. Stickers at just under $69K. Got a price of $57K + TTT. I think I am getting a great deal at $12K off MSRP. Thoughts?

That a pretty good deal. the Incentives and rebates that ended January 31, 2019, the best were on the big horn $14,xxx.00.

They had $500 USAA member, $500.00 of National association or Realtors, $500.00 off active or former active military, $500 off if you currently have a competitors pickup truck, $4,000.00 if you lease the truck FCA leasing. $500.00 If you own a current FCA car or truck., $500.00 Federal Flight administration member.

I guess what I am saying, these dealer are not going to volunteer to tell you all the rebates, so they can keep them for themselves.

Check this link out.
https://www.fairoaksmotors.com/new/...tilly-va-f452cf6c0a0e0adf55dd6460783290dc.htm
New 2019 Ram1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7 BOX
Detailed Pricing
MSRP $65,455
Savings -$14,456
Fair Oaks Family Price $50,999

additional rebates
National Association of Realtors Employee (Type 1/L) (38CKY3)
Retail Consumer Cash (35CK1)
National Association of Realtors Members (38CKY1)
FFA Member Program (39CKZ)
2019 Returning Lessee (38CKB3)
Military Program (39CKB)

It really depends how long the truck has been on dealer lot, the long its been there, the better the deal you will get. Just be patient and keep searching.

What I did was, print that link out and tell your local dealer this is the going rate, advertised on internet price, plus any other rebates/incentives. They should match it if truck is on floor plan and dealer is paying interest on it.

Let us know how it goes.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. But how does internet pricing go? If I live five states away I'm not going to drive there and pick it up and would never buy it sight unseen and have it delivered. They wouldn't deliver it to a local dealership would they?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Thanks. But how does internet pricing go? If I live five states away I'm not going to drive there and pick it up and would never buy it sight unseen and have it delivered. They wouldn't deliver it to a local dealership would they?

You would fly there and pick it up and drive it home.
If you can find a local dealership to do a trade with them, that'd work too.. but realistically, you're better off trying to get them to match a deal from out of state or get as close as possible. Take into account the cost it'll take you to travel (airfare, gas, time), the reduction on tax savings (if you're trading in a vehicle), the reduction you'll get for your trade-in when you're not purchasing a vehicle at the same time, and the fact that you'll need to come out of pocket for all taxes once you register your vehicle in your state.

rrlorentzen

Reaction score
MSRP: $51,210
Paid: $37,819 + tax + fees

The 'internet' price was $37,319 but when I showed up it was $38,319. There were 2 $500 rebates I didn't qualify for. Dealer was nice enough to meet me in the middle plus give me the $1,000 trade in bonus I didn't technically qualify for.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That a pretty good deal. the Incentives and rebates that ended January 31, 2019, the best were on the big horn $14,xxx.00.

They had $500 USAA member, $500.00 of National association or Realtors, $500.00 off active or former active military, $500 off if you currently have a competitors pickup truck, $4,000.00 if you lease the truck FCA leasing. $500.00 If you own a current FCA car or truck., $500.00 Federal Flight administration member.

I guess what I am saying, these dealer are not going to volunteer to tell you all the rebates, so they can keep them for themselves.

Check this link out.
https://www.fairoaksmotors.com/new/...tilly-va-f452cf6c0a0e0adf55dd6460783290dc.htm
Detailed Pricing
MSRP $65,455
Savings -$14,456

additional rebates
Military Program (39CKB)

It really depends how long the truck has been on dealer lot, the long its been there, the better the deal you will get. Just be patient and keep searching.

What I did was, print that link out and tell your local dealer this is the going rate, advertised on internet price, plus any other rebates/incentives. They should match it if truck is on floor plan and dealer is paying interest on it.

Let us know how it goes.

They can't keep the rebates to themselves because you have to sign them over to them if they are becoming part of the deal - thus, they'll have to be listed on your sales contract somewhere. You might have to scrounge a little bit, but mine were pretty obvious. I got military, USAA, competitor, and one or two others that I can't remember. Overall it ended up, plus what I negotiated with the dealer, to be $37k plus tax/tag/license. Because tax here is almost 10%, my trade in more or less covered the TTL, which was about $4100 or so (I got $4500 on trade).

As a bonus, I got a flyer from Allstate (my insurer) that I was eligible for another $250 rebate through them with a deal they have with FCA. So I guess that makes my actual price $36750+TTL. I think that's pretty damn good for a $50k MSRP truck. And even if it's not I'm happy with the truck :)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The first deal sounds better. Trailer brake ctrl is good with the regular mirrors you keep the 360 view. Not sure what's the big deal about a 33 gallon tank everyone gets. It's not like we live in the desert. If I fill up every 14 days or 16 who cares. Black leather is the better choice. Seen posts on color bleeding issues on the ivory frost.

Where are you located? What was the $2000 rebate. All I see by me is a regional $1250

Located in Northern Florida. Picked up the Limited this afternoon. Rebate was actually $3000. Build is the following:

Tri-Coat Pearl
Body Color Bumpers
Level 1 Equipment Group
3.92 axle
E-Locker Rear (didn't care either way)
5.7 Hemi
Panoramic Sunroof
33-Gallon Tank (didn't want it but was on the truck)
22" Wheel Package
Trailer Brake Controller
Ceramic Window Tint (dealer installed)

MSRP came in at $68,145
Purchase price before Tax, Title, Tags and Fees is $57,210 so $11,235 off MSRP including the tint.

Craigg69

Reaction score
Just bought 2019 Limited with 22" wheels,sprayliner,and tri folding toner cover on back and most every other option avalible. MSRP was 66125. The owner was driving it for a couple months so had 2,000 miles so was able to get few more off . Rebated for Presdental day was 10,159. price was 55966 after rebates then adjusted price for dealer driving it 3,861 So my price was $52105. I was Happy with that price but the Wife was STRESSED OUT!!:eek:

Jrex

Reaction score

I just printed out the page with the best discount listed sale price on internet and told dealer salesman, this is a dealers advertised price on their website. 100% transparent, no secrets here. So you know how much playroom there is in it, and tell the sales manager you can get the limited truck for this price, meet it and you'll buy on the spot. If they want to move the truck they will match it or come close. otherwise just walkout.

This works really well at end of the month when dealers are desperate to meet their sales quotas for the month and if the truck has been at the dealer over a month, they are paying interest (floor plan) on it and will dump it at their cost or very close, just to stop the interest accruing, plus it add to there end of month sales totals count.

Dont be in a hurry and be willing to walk away. Its not like these limited edition trucks or hard to find. Most dealers have hundreds of these truck just sitting there and there not flying off the lot like they might want you to believe. So you just have play it like you know what other dealers are selling them at, dont budge. You make the one offer to them. No BS, dont sit there for 3 hours with the back and forth nonsense.

All the local dealers met the price I wanted, with this technique, but none of them had the exact truck I wanted, so I drove 2 hours one way to get the exact one I wanted.

Jrex

Reaction score
As a side note, when I bought in January, the dealer discount advertised online went up another $1250 the final week of month. I think your best bet to get the best deal is to be had the last 2 days of a month.

Jackham

Reaction score

Check this link out.
Detailed Pricing
MSRP $65,455
Savings -$14,456

additional rebates
Military Program (39CKB)

Let us know how it goes.
I can't believe how many rebates some people qualify. My dealership made a big deal telling me every year FCA sends a rep to pour over their deals to make sure people really qualified. No messing around at my place.

Bikemike

Reaction score
Just brought my new Ram 1500 Laramie home msrp 67750
Sale price. 52948
OTD. 57689

Bikemike

Reaction score
Here is a pic

Attachments

• 1A108DBB-8DC6-47DA-A372-A3DF09C97DC7.jpeg
    1A108DBB-8DC6-47DA-A372-A3DF09C97DC7.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 49

pinkerton

Reaction score
Can I please have some comments on this deal?:
Limited, 4x4, 5'7" $56,740
33 Gal tank $445
Hemi (non-etorque) $1,395
Body Color Bumpers $195
Maximum Steel Metallic $200
Sunroof $1,495
Destination $1,695
MSRP = $62,165
OTD offer is $53,047 plus $200 doc fee

This is for a special order so rebates will be subtracted, as available, at time of delivery

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I please have some comments on this deal?:
Limited, 4x4, 5'7" $56,740
33 Gal tank $445
Hemi (non-etorque) $1,395
Body Color Bumpers $195
Maximum Steel Metallic $200
Sunroof $1,495
Destination $1,695
MSRP = $62,165
OTD offer is $53,047 plus $200 doc fee

This is for a special order so rebates will be subtracted, as available, at time of delivery
If that's what you worked out independent of rebates it's not bad. Almost $10k off MSRP just from the dealer. With rebates you'll probably be sub-$50k, which is 12/13k off MSRP - almost 20% off. I don't think you can do a whole lot better.

pinkerton

Reaction score
If that's what you worked out independent of rebates it's not bad. Almost $10k off MSRP just from the dealer. With rebates you'll probably be sub-$50k, which is 12/13k off MSRP - almost 20% off. I don't think you can do a whole lot better.
Thanks for the reply. You're right - I'm not finding anything better

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just printed out the page with the best discount listed sale price on internet and told dealer salesman, this is a dealers advertised price on their website. 100% transparent, no secrets here. So you know how much playroom there is in it, and tell the sales manager you can get the limited truck for this price, meet it and you'll buy on the spot. If they want to move the truck they will match it or come close. otherwise just walkout.

This works really well at end of the month when dealers are desperate to meet their sales quotas for the month and if the truck has been at the dealer over a month, they are paying interest (floor plan) on it and will dump it at their cost or very close, just to stop the interest accruing, plus it add to there end of month sales totals count.

Dont be in a hurry and be willing to walk away. Its not like these limited edition trucks or hard to find. Most dealers have hundreds of these truck just sitting there and there not flying off the lot like they might want you to believe. So you just have play it like you know what other dealers are selling them at, dont budge. You make the one offer to them. No BS, dont sit there for 3 hours with the back and forth nonsense.

All the local dealers met the price I wanted, with this technique, but none of them had the exact truck I wanted, so I drove 2 hours one way to get the exact one I wanted.
Similar to what I do. I contact several dealers in my area and give them the specs and ask them to provide me their best OTD offer. Give them a deadline of Tuesday and say on Wed. I will email everyone telling them what the best offer was and give them one final chance to beat it if they want the sale. No back and forth. Has always worked well.

For the internet printout, don't he ask you if you are going to drive to another state to get it? Travel alone and then tax would be outside of financing so you will be adding money back to it that way. Or do you tell them it's a local internet pricing? Don't they check? Very curious to try.

I want to factory order a limited rambox pretty much max out eTorque, 3.92, etc. MSRP was $68,000. Invoice $62,000. Best offer so far is $59,000 then -$1250 Rebate = $58,448. I'm happier, but still not estatic. I am in NY, so everything always seems toncost more.

What does everyone think? Order it or try internet approach?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Located in Northern Florida. Picked up the Limited this afternoon. Rebate was actually $3000. Build is the following:

Tri-Coat Pearl
Body Color Bumpers
Level 1 Equipment Group
3.92 axle
E-Locker Rear (didn't care either way)
5.7 Hemi
Panoramic Sunroof
33-Gallon Tank (didn't want it but was on the truck)
22" Wheel Package
Trailer Brake Controller
Ceramic Window Tint (dealer installed)

MSRP came in at $68,145
Purchase price before Tax, Title, Tags and Fees is $57,210 so $11,235 off MSRP including the tint.
$3000 is a great rebate. What was it for

Deriggs007

Reaction score
How familiar are you guys with trading in a recently bought truck for something better you spot on the market?

So a truck that has all the options I originally wanted popped up at a competing dealership for about the same price OTD due to rebates/discounts/incentives even though it's about $5K higher in MSRP. $57,405 vs $62,400 - A 4x4 Laramie w/ a $9700 dealer discount....

I've had my truck for about 1.5 weeks, but it was driven about 350 miles before I got it as it was driven to my house (now at about 620 miles)
I thought about contacting the newer dealer and see if it's possible to do a trade in of the vehicle. as I might have to pay very little, if anything.

Really the only difference between the 2 trucks is 4x4 and the panoramic roof.

Thoughts?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How familiar are you guys with trading in a recently bought truck for something better you spot on the market?

So a truck that has all the options I originally wanted popped up at a competing dealership for about the same price OTD due to rebates/discounts/incentives even though it's about $5K higher in MSRP. $57,405 vs $62,400 - A 4x4 Laramie w/ a $9700 dealer discount....

I've had my truck for about 1.5 weeks, but it was driven about 350 miles before I got it as it was driven to my house (now at about 620 miles)
I thought about contacting the newer dealer and see if it's possible to do a trade in of the vehicle. as I might have to pay very little, if anything.

Thoughts?
If they have already titled it in your name you'll take the depreciation hit for it being used.

2wd vs. 4wd is a major issue; if you needed 4wd you definitely should have done that on the front end. Sunroof is a different story; that's just convenience.

Jrex

Reaction score

Yeah, hopefully when it actually arrives in 6-8 weeks there will be nice 2019 Retail Consumer Cash (CK1 ) $2,750.00 rebate, like they had in January on the Laramies's. The Bighorns rebate was 2019 Retail Consumer Cash (CK1 ) $3,750.00 in January. I was not looking to buy limited, so I dont know what the January limited rebate was.

Thoughts?

Go here. to get KBB tradin value, Its not pretty:
https://www.kbb.com/whats-my-car-worth/

My truck window stickered at $65,620.00 trade in value with 600 miles in top 97% range condition wise = $39,684 - $42,234

Users who are viewing this thread