5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully when it actually arrives in 6-8 weeks there will be nice 2019 Retail Consumer Cash (CK1 ) $2,750.00 rebate, like they had in January on the Laramies's. The Bighorns rebate was 2019 Retail Consumer Cash (CK1 ) $3,750.00 in January. I was not looking to buy limited, so I dont know what the January limited rebate was.

Go here. to get KBB tradin value, Its not pretty:
https://www.kbb.com/whats-my-car-worth/

My truck window stickered at $65,620.00 trade in value with 600 miles in top 97% range condition wise = $39,684 - $42,234

Daaang, that stinks

Jrex

Reaction score
Trading a brand new vehicle, is when you take the biggest depreciation loss.

You be better off trying to sell it privately, then your competing with the dealer prices, which are falsely marked up, for the bargining games they play, that should minimize loss quite a bit.

tortugapir8

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 4x4 Big Horn 6'4 box well optioned with total MSRP at 57,075 and ended up at 46,199 before tax. This included 4,250 in the set of rebates I qualified for. While I feel if I had more time to negotiate I could have done better, I was in a bind due to my current ride going out of commission unexpectedly and I jumped on finding something with the set of options I wanted. GM had similar offers but tied to terrible finance rates compared to FCA which sealed the deal for me.

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
How soon after the 1500’s were released did the big rebates come? I’m trying to decide if I want to wait for the 2019 2500’s to come out or buy a 2018 with $10k discount now.

I need the big discounts since I’ll be trading in a 2019 1500 that I bought 2 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrex

Reaction score
How soon after the 1500’s were released did the big rebates come? I’m trying to decide if I want to wait for the 2019 2500’s to come out or buy a 2018 with $10k discount now.

I need the big discounts since I’ll be trading in a 2019 1500 that I bought 2 months ago.

Usually based a certain sub model's slow sales, then they jack up dealer discounts, rebates and incentive to get them moving. The big hitter in January was the Bighorn, there were over 14,000.00 in rebates, + whatever dealer discount above $3000.00 you could get. They even had a FCA lease it and get $4,000.00 off. Timing is everything and they seem to change and add different quite frequently.

The best dealer discounts and rebates are going to be on 2018's. The dealers are desperate to move them. My son wants a 2019 challenger white/black stripes, Local dealer had a 2018 silver one with all the options that he wanted in 2019, except the 2019 new hood, hellcat wheels and blacktop pack.age.

They were begging us to make any offer, they were so desperate to move the car. My son want a 2019 and white. So it did not matter.

Dont know if having ALL new RAM 2500 is important or not. The other thing I found interesting is all the Foreign-made pickup trucks are subject to a 25% import tariff, yet all the trucks cost around the same price for import or domestic. So there is even more markup/profit in domestic products.

Last edited:

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
Usually based a certain sub model's slow sales, then they jack up dealer discounts, rebates and incentive to get them moving. The big hitter in January was the Bighorn, there were over 14,000.00 in rebates, + whatever dealer discount above $3000.00 you could get. They even had a FCA lease it and get $4,000.00 off. Timing is everything and they seem to change and add different quite frequently.

The best dealer discounts and rebates are going to be on 2018's. The dealers are desperate to move them. My son wants a 2019 challenger white/black stripes, Local dealer had a 2018 silver one with all the options that he wanted in 2019, except the 2019 new hood, hellcat wheels and blacktop pack.age.

They were begging us to make any offer, they were so desperate to move the car. My son want a 2019 and white. So it did not matter.

Dont know if having ALL new RAM 2500 is important or not.

What’s crazy is when I bought my 2019 Laramie 1500 2 months ago, I got a $11,500 discount. The most discount I can get on a 2018 2500 is $10k. I was expecting more than that just because it’s over a year old already.

Jrex

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is maybe there are not that many 2018 2500's out there any more. But if dealer has had truck a while, they should be giving it away at cost or below and still moving it and hitting there hold back numbers.

But that is weird.

The 2018 challenger stickered at $39,000.00 or so and the salesman was telling just make any offer, we did not want the car, he hinted to us, to make an offer around $25,000.00 and we could take it home that night.

Alot has to do with how desperate the dealer is to move units. Try and shop around on internet?

tortugapir8

Reaction score
What’s crazy is when I bought my 2019 Laramie 1500 2 months ago, I got a $11,500 discount. The most discount I can get on a 2018 2500 is $10k. I was expecting more than that just because it’s over a year old already.

2500 (and 3500) trucks I found, in my experience, are usually not discounted any where near their 1/2 ton counterparts. Since you are battling at a commercial class dealers seems to feel not as much pressure to incentive and cut these as much since most people shopping for 3/4+ ton trucks are doing so for specific purposes and not just buying because they like a vehicle (generalization not 100% true all the time).

Jrex

Reaction score
2500 (and 3500) trucks I found, in my experience, are usually not discounted any where near their 1/2 ton counterparts. Since you are battling at a commercial class dealers seems to feel not as much pressure to incentive and cut these as much since most people shopping for 3/4+ ton trucks are doing so for specific purposes and not just buying because they like a vehicle (generalization not 100% true all the time).

That make alot of sense to me.
Most people dont go buy a 3500 dualy just to cruise around town and drive to work. Buying it for business related or hard core towing. Very specific things. No just cruising to the store or pick the kids up at school.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Just placed order for a build of a Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab.
MSRP $59,625.
Dealer Discount $8,300.
Manufacturer incentives TBD at time of pick up.
+ taxes licenses doc fee.

This was the best I could do in Northern California. Does it look ok?

Jrex

Reaction score
MSRP $59,625.
Dealer Discount $8,300.

Thats 13.92% off MSRP before any rebates or incentives you will qualify for. For an order, thats pretty dam good. Hopefully they will have the $3,750.00 or $2,750.00 national rebate- (2019 Retail Consumer Cash (CK1 ) + whatever other incentive you qualify for. If it shows up in a month with low value rebates/incentives, put off taking delivery, until the next month, as rebates should be better.

I got 14.65% dealer discount off MSRP at end of January on a truck on the lot, the slowest month, before rebates or incentives. Your right in the right range.

Jenks

Reaction score
MSRP $59,625.
Dealer Discount $8,300.

Good deal. What dealership?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats 13.92% off MSRP before any rebates or incentives you will qualify for. For an order, thats pretty dam good. Hopefully they will have the $3,750.00 or $2,750.00 national rebate- (2019 Retail Consumer Cash (CK1 ) + whatever other incentive you qualify for. If it shows up in a month with low value rebates/incentives, put off taking delivery, until the next month, as rebates should be better.

I got 14.65% dealer discount off MSRP at end of January on a truck on the lot, the slowest month, before rebates or incentives. Your right in the right range.
How do you put off delivery? Do you just tell them I can't come in for two more weeks?

I'm about to order a limited maxed out MSRP 68k invoice 62k dealer price after rebates 56k. he said he could give me $3,000 in rebates the northeast regional at $1250 and thrse $500 Ram bonus cash. Not sure exactly what those are I tried to Google the codes but could not find anything. He said I would qualify no matter what. Anybody have any insight on that. would be pissed if when I go to get it he says oh no you're not in the military you don't get it for example.

I expect it to be delivered late May early June wondering what the rebates tend to be at that time of the year considering the 2020s will be coming out very shortly. When do the next year model trucks arrived and don't he offer great rebates in late spring?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RAMRhode

Reaction score
When I was looking to order a weeks ago, they told me the 0% 72 month financing would not be order protection. So a few days ago I called them to try to drop the Rambox from my wish list and see if I could find something in local inventory to get the financing before the end of the month. A sales manger took another look at the fine print as said they did not see anything that specifically excluded it where it normally says it explicitly. He said he was going to check with the Promotion center and get back to me. He called me back that it was order protected. I was skeptical. I texted my sales guy the next day and asked if I could get it in writing and they said yes.

@Brandon_Vickers I got a copy of my sales contract that listed the MSRP, their discount, my trade discount and my deposit amount. They wrote in "No rebates. 0% for 72 Months Order protected"

So, it is possible that I will have a surprise when it comes in but I will argue it with them then. They said my deposit was non-refundable but I paid it with my credit card so I might have my bank in corner too. Plus I am expecting (Hoping) for my truck to come in during March, When I am expecting March to be labeled Truck Month again. If so, then they would probably have that deal then as well or equivalent promotions then to offset the $6000 of lost interest.
I also, took the 0% 72 option along with 1% below invoice through employer affiliate. I was told at time of order, that it was protected and if at time of delivery, if the incentives changed to be superior to 0%, I could take that road instead. I took delivery on 1/31, signing the installment contract for 0% for 72 mos. They slapped on the 20 day temp plates and out the door in an hour. I called yesterday about my plates and was told that there is an “issue on their end with the 0% and the dealer has a policy not to proceed with the registration until they are funded by Chrysler Cap.” Said they are working on it and not to worry. Gave me a dealer plate for the meantime so I can continue driving.
Checking the disclosures on Chrysler cap, it seems the 0% 72 is for DS model. There is a 0%60 for DT model. HOWEVER, both say for existing inventory only. Although, I think because, my build was listed as dealer ordered, that should cover it. But the DT/DS classification seems to be the issue. I’m not going to say anything to them about this (they can suss out their own incompetence). I wonder if you will encounter the same when you take delivery.

Last edited:

Jrex

Reaction score
How do you put off delivery? Do you just tell them I can't come in for two more weeks?

I'm about to order a limited maxed out MSRP 68k invoice 62k dealer price after rebates 56k. he said he could give me $3,000 in rebates the northeast regional at $1250 and thrse $500 Ram bonus cash. Not sure exactly what those are I tried to Google the codes but could not find anything. He said I would qualify no matter what. Anybody have any insight on that. would be pissed if when I go to get it he says oh no you're not in the military you don't get it for example.

I expect it to be delivered late May early June wondering what the rebates tend to be at that time of the year considering the 2020s will be coming out very shortly. When do the next year model trucks arrived and don't he offer great rebates in late spring?

Yeah, Basically. You put down a deposit. if they call and say its in and rebates and incentive such, you already locked in dealer discount. Just tell them you wont be available until what ever date to pick up the truck.

When you order it, they dont give you an exact delivery date that you have to take delivery by, they cant, they dont even know when it will be done, shipped and actually arrive. Dealer will want to get it in on current month, but this is a non allocation order, so who cares.

Get the best deal you can for yourself.

Andoskyy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined the Ram family with a 2019 Limited and figured I'd chip in here:

MSRP: $64,960
Price: $57,462
Rebates: $3,000
Final: $54,462

Felt like I got a great price on my trade as well. About 2k higher than I expected (2015 F150 Platinum with 47k miles and they gave me $35k)

Looks to be in line with what people are getting. I've never been a ball buster when buying cars. I just want a fair deal and want the sales guy to make money. Guess that's what I get for being in sales my whole life.

This truck is amazing!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined the Ram family with a 2019 Limited and figured I'd chip in here:

MSRP: $64,960
Price: $57,462
Rebates: $3,000
Final: $54,462

Felt like I got a great price on my trade as well. About 2k higher than I expected (2015 F150 Platinum with 47k miles and they gave me $35k)

Looks to be in line with what people are getting. I've never been a ball buster when buying cars. I just want a fair deal and want the sales guy to make money. Guess that's what I get for being in sales my whole life.

This truck is amazing!
What options did you get with an MSRP of 64. Closing on my negotiations today and build one that came in at 68-69

Users who are viewing this thread