5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible to add power folding mirrors?

Old Ray

Reaction score
Maybe enough people will complain to where Ram will offer to fix it.
I doubt it,........ it hasn't even got their acknowledgement that there is a problem yet.............when they will fix it is when the dealers make them, because they will have a lot full of tow mirror trucks that are not selling,........... but that will only happen if the uninformed people stop buying them, .......or salesman tell customers the truth. (both unlikely)

jmr

Reaction score
Not unless they offer an accessory kit to go from tow mirrors to regular Bighorn mirrors.

RAM CARES are you listening????? We want sales codes to be added to our VINS!!!

Below is a repair procedure (also attached) that was pulled from a TSB for the Tilt Mirror in Reverse option not working the fix is to enable a sales code that the factory neglected to do.
I wish they could do this to enable my heated mirrors sales code NHJ (Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element) which is available to all 2019 RAM models except when it has the Tow Package.

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Go to DealerCONNECT > Service Tab > Warranty Administration > Vehicle Option Updates.
2. Enter the vehicle VIN.
3. Select Exterior Mirrors W/Memory - (Sales Code LEM). NOTE: This is THE issue!!! The NEW sales codes for the mirror features are not available for our vin....UGH!!!!
4. Using wiTECH, perform ‘Restore BCM Configuration’. This routine is available under the ’Vehicle Preparations’ tab found on the home page of wiTECH.
5. Cycle the ignition.

Attachments

• Tilt Side Mirror Inoperative with Memory Function and when Vehicle is Shifted into Reverse.pdf
    32.3 KB · Views: 39

Jamesontf

Reaction score
Replaced tow mirrors today. I love being able to see. I suppose I would have adjusted with time but after two months I hated those tow mirrors! I think I get 1 mpg better with out them. Just kidding but my cab is much quieter. I can now pull into my garage!

cowboyrob56

Reaction score
I used the VIN of a Laramie that had the mirrors I want - power fold, heated, with puddle light, turn signal and blind spot indicator, to look up and order the mirrors. Now I can manually fold the driver side and get into my garage with a few inches of clearance instead of a quarter inch. Heaven! The door modules and driver side door switch will be installed by Tuesday AM. Since the sales codes for this mirror set-up do not exist as a possible option for my Limited, the next step will be interesting.

Hello, if I could please ask. How much has this modification cost? I need to perform a mirror swap on my Larmie with tow mirrors in a bad way. thanks

parkerbarhorst

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out. I have the towing package on my Laramie 1500. So it comes with the towing mirrors and I just don’t like how they do not power fold in because I have a very tight garage to park in. If I switch to regular mirrors, is there any way I can get them to fold in ? Or do I have to do some wiring or have a dealer mess with it?

j517

Reaction score
Good luck people been asking and talking about this sub like crazy some guy traded in his truck

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Capt Joe

Reaction score
... it's messed up.... Probably the worst feature of the new Ram 1500. It would be easier to trade in your truck. Adding the towing group removes the 360 surround view, and the power fold mirrors. This should never be. The cameras for the surround view should be in the arm not under the mirror housing, and all mirrors should power fold on a full size truck nowadays.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced tow mirrors today. I love being able to see. I suppose I would have adjusted with time but after two months I hated those tow mirrors! I think I get 1 mpg better with out them. Just kidding but my cab is much quieter. I can now pull into my garage!

:giggle::giggle:

Ashields85

Reaction score
Well... Heck. Got the new driver door switch and door modules installed. Had to re-calibrate the auto up window function.

Here's what works:
Power mirror adjust
Mirror memory
Turn signals in the mirrors
Puddle lights
Blind spot indicator

Here's what doesn't work:
POWER FOLD

Heck.

Quite a few hundred dollars into it, my truck now matches the Laramie (in regards to mirrors, modules, switch) that behaves the way I want. At least I can get in my **** garage now that I have the smaller mirrors.

I've already had discussions at the dealership with the service manager who told me that he had once before had FCA add a special sales code to allow folding, non-360 camera mirrors on a Limited. Now that I have the correct stuff installed, I'm hoping he can do that for me. Will keep you posted.

Curious,

Were the bases different on the power window switch base than the standard window switch? I literally just purchased a set of power folding mirrors from someone, but curious to know if the wiring harness will connect directly into the new power window base, if that makes sense.

jmr

Reaction score
I'll be curious if the dealer will add the sales codes to enable the power fold option. Good luck I hope it comes through because it's not much work to add sales codes it's FCA that won't allow it.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have towing mirrors that I put on my 4th gen with power fold. Looking at buying a 5th gen. If I buy a truck without the "towing package" that has the regular power folding mirrors, can I swap the tow mirrors from my 4th gen to the new 5th gen. I'm assuming it would.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
no

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out. I have the towing package on my Laramie 1500. So it comes with the towing mirrors and I just don’t like how they do not power fold in because I have a very tight garage to park in. If I switch to regular mirrors, is there any way I can get them to fold in ? Or do I have to do some wiring or have a dealer mess with it?

no dealer required.but it will cost you.whether you buy everything separate or as a whole kit(as i did).and it will work
this is not a "how to vid"as more "what did you add recently"...
here is where i got them from....https://www.infotainment.com/collections/power-folding-mirrors/products/19-20-ram-truck-power-folding-mirrors-package

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
no dealer required.but it will cost you.whether you buy everything separate or as a whole kit(as i did).and it will work
this is not a "how to vid"as more "what did you add recently"...
here is where i got them from....https://www.infotainment.com/collections/power-folding-mirrors/products/19-20-ram-truck-power-folding-mirrors-package

Oh a big P.s i called about the 2 cable wire i disconnected from the "Guard security"you have the option to re connect or leave them in that dummy box."info." recommed you put them back in.just in case the dealer may see:p;)

Attachments

• 1547776727348.png
    1547776727348.png
    704.5 KB · Views: 61

tx2stpr291

Reaction score
I'm not sure about these kits, but the OEM power folding mirrors have cheap gears and are easy to break. I'm having both my mirrors replaced by the dealership in a week simply from manually moving them in one time. The dealer told me that they are not meant to be manually moved, even though the owner's manual says otherwise. I have a complaint in with Ram Care. I don't expect anything to be resolved other than having to possibly swap these out multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread