5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible to add power folding mirrors?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never mind last post, found the answer to my own question..it’s PFM if there are any other autoenginuity users..

gybob

Reaction score
Do you know the 3-letter “option” code used by obdgenie? I’ve used autoenginuity to add/remove options in the TIPM on my old ram truck, but the 3-letter codes aren’t always intuitive. Sometimes they are like ABS or TPMS but sometimes the code doesn’t exactly give away what it represents.
Beginning (I think) in 09, Ram discontinued use of the TIPM, moving to a much more advanced architecture that uses about 25 modules throughout the vehicle communicating over CAN and LIN buses. Currently, 4 digit sales codes represent options and, frequently software packages that are stored in the Body Control Module and other modules. There are about 9 different sales codes associated with different features on the mirrors that I purchased for my truck.

The sales codes that seem to refer to my mirrors are:

LEBP – EXT MIRRORS W/SUPPLEMENTAL SIGNALS

LECP – EXTERIOR MIRRORS WITH COURTESY LAMPS

LERP – POWER-FOLDING MIRRORS

GNZP – AUTO DIM EXTERIOR DRIVER MIRROR

LEMP – EXTERIOR MIRRORS WITH MEMORY

LEUP – AUTO DIM EXTERIOR PASSENGER MIRROR

LE1P – HEATED EXTERIOR MIRRORS

NHJP – EXTERIOR MIRRORS W/HEATING ELEMENT

XANP – BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION

I have no idea which of these refer to hardware and which to software.

This is a very simple, high level overview that is at least partially correct. I'm sure there are many Ram techs out there that can fill in the blanks.

My hat is definitely off to the OBDGenie folks for providing this update!

Last edited:

notqwik

Reaction score
OK ..... first post, and I'm going to vent some. Bought a limited w/trailer mirrors. Drove the truck, loved it. Asked many questions, thought I went over everything, on the way home started looking for the "power fold button" . Actually called the salesman on the way home, was told "no power folding mirror, no 360 camera" w/the trailer mirrors. I'm WTF? We talked about this, he said it was available, just didn't fess up that it wasn't on this truck. (not pleased w/Safford Springfield VA). I'm disappointed. Coming out of a '11 Platinum F150 - looked at all the Ford products before buying this one - yea all the ford mirrors fold on the upper end trucks.

This brand new truck now sits in my driveway because I can't get it in the 8' wide garage doors.

FN pissed about this. Infotainment has a solution for $1500 - probably where I will land. Wish I could add the front camera and the 360 view w/the infotainment upgrade - asked them about it .... they are considering it.

Like (not love) truck otherwise - Stereo seems not to be as strong as it should be - found the TSB on this site today - thanks.

Mileage does not seem to be anywhere near the 22 mpg claim. Have 1k miles now on truck - averaging about 17mpg according to the computer. Maybe it will improve some? Hope so.

djeazie

Reaction score
I have towing mirrors that I put on my 4th gen with power fold. Looking at buying a 5th gen. If I buy a truck without the "towing package" that has the regular power folding mirrors, can I swap the tow mirrors from my 4th gen to the new 5th gen. I'm assuming it would.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have towing mirrors that I put on my 4th gen with power fold. Looking at buying a 5th gen. If I buy a truck without the "towing package" that has the regular power folding mirrors, can I swap the tow mirrors from my 4th gen to the new 5th gen. I'm assuming it would.

Just being nosy, but does the 4th gen mirrors have heat and blind spot?

reyn3545

Reaction score
OK ..... first post, and I'm going to vent some. Bought a limited w/trailer mirrors. Drove the truck, loved it. Asked many questions, thought I went over everything, on the way home started looking for the "power fold button" . Actually called the salesman on the way home, was told "no power folding mirror, no 360 camera" w/the trailer mirrors. I'm WTF? We talked about this, he said it was available, just didn't fess up that it wasn't on this truck. (not pleased w/Safford Springfield VA). I'm disappointed. Coming out of a '11 Platinum F150 - looked at all the Ford products before buying this one - yea all the ford mirrors fold on the upper end trucks.

This brand new truck now sits in my driveway because I can't get it in the 8' wide garage doors.

FN pissed about this. Infotainment has a solution for $1500 - probably where I will land. Wish I could add the front camera and the 360 view w/the infotainment upgrade - asked them about it .... they are considering it.

Like (not love) truck otherwise - Stereo seems not to be as strong as it should be - found the TSB on this site today - thanks.

Mileage does not seem to be anywhere near the 22 mpg claim. Have 1k miles now on truck - averaging about 17mpg according to the computer. Maybe it will improve some? Hope so.

I just ordered the Infotainment.com kit yesterday.... if you have blind spot detection and want chrome mirrors.... it's about $1799. they do have a 10% discount running for the next few days. I live in Florida (where they are located) so state and local sales taxes are up almost all of the discount.

I should have some time once they show up to get them mounted, but I'll still be pissed at the dealer fo3 not telling me.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I know when the defrost is on for the side mirror?

Also off topic question, I have a rear view camera with the 12.1 screen. Is it possible for them to just add a front camera that will show on the screen? No surround view though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I know when the defrost is on for the side mirror?

Also off topic question, I have a rear view camera with the 12.1 screen. Is it possible for them to just add a front camera that will show on the screen? No surround view though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirror defroster is turned on when the rear window defroster is turned on...
Can't answer your other question...

reyn3545

Reaction score
I think the answer to your other question is no. You could install the camera in the grill, and for that matter, in the mirrors too, but those cameras have to plug into controllers, that are connected through a bus to the main computer. The dealership or someone who knows how to program the computer(s) would have to enable those devices, AND send an update to FCA to let them know that your system has the camera... otherwise any time you go in for service, and possibly when they send a UCONNECT update over the air to you, you could wipe out any customized settings that are there.

More flexible solutions may come out in time, but for now, if you don't have the OEM cameras, there's no clean way to get them, if you want them to display on your dash screen.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I would have seen this before I purchased my limited with the tow package. I had driven a limited with the around view but didn't realize the one I purchased didn't have power mirrors or around view monitor. Pretty frustrated about it. I'm going to call the dealer to see what they can do.

Jamesontf

Reaction score
Can you replace the 2019 Tow mirror with a standard 2018 mirror? I don’t have heat or any sensors.

djeazie

Reaction score
Can you replace the 2019 Tow mirror with a standard 2018 mirror? I don’t have heat or any sensors.
Tried this swap from my 4th gen. The tow mirrors from the 4th gen will not work. Completely different mounting set up.

clotagames

Reaction score
Coming out of a 2018 2500 witth folding towing mirrors into new 2019 1500 Limited. Knew going in that I was getting manual towing mirrors. Just very unhappy no deduction in price for no 360 camera and no fold and still charge $400 for towing package. Cannot understand why could not have folding mirrors like old body 2500?

jmr

Reaction score

Yes I did this swap it bolts on without an issue. Your existing puddle light and turn signals will work correctly.

The problem is that FCA won't allow the dealer to add additional sales codes like for Heated Mirrors unless it's part of an existing accessory kit..

So no heated mirror for you.....or me unless you buck up for an ODB Genie.

kjn86

Reaction score
Yes I did this swap it bolts on without an issue. Your existing puddle light and turn signals will work correctly.

The problem is that FCA won't allow the dealer to add additional sales codes like for Heated Mirrors unless it's part of an existing accessory kit..

So no heated mirror for you.....or me unless you buck up for an ODB Genie.

Can you send a pic and part number? I would be interested in putting the 2018 mirror on but I'd need to keep the puddle light and blind spot indicator.

jmr

Reaction score
Can you send a pic and part number? I would be interested in putting the 2018 mirror on but I'd need to keep the puddle light and blind spot indicator.

I can't help with part numbers since I don't have the blind spot indicators.

My advice is to find a RAM online with the correct mirrors and options that you already have (puddle lights, turn signals and blind spot indicators).
With the last 8 of the that trucks vin the dealer parts guy can tell you the mirror part numbers needed for the swap.

All existing options will function when swapping mirrors but you cannot add options to your vin (heated mirror, power folding) unless it's in a mopar accessory kit per FCA restrictions.
For example puddle lights and turn signals can be added to a vin since they are in a Mopar tow mirror kit...great news for a Tradesman owner without those options.

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
I am also pissed I paid 400 dollars to remove 1,000 dollars in features. Maybe enough people will complain to where Ram will offer to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread