5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody interested in putting their numbers into a spreadsheet? I was considering an F150 and came across a spreadsheet on another forum (www.f150forum.com) where many people had entered their payload, other specs, and options. It was super helpful to see how the capacities were different, and way easier than looking at dozens of door stickers. :)

Here's the F150 spreadsheet ("Vehicles" sheet) as an example: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=6AC8C95D083B5968!35256&ithint=file,xlsx&authkey=!AK72JuHJWuenvwI

Here's a spreadsheet I just created for 5th Gen RAM 1500's if you want to fill it up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qrEMRu4GpnWrmNhLzSS9XSjXz5Fmxpf_8OT_AejKgzc/edit?usp=sharing

Attachment shows what the F150 sheet looks like.
You can also just check out this awesome post by @Zeronet (from earlier in this very thread):

blakei

Reaction score
Great to see @Zeronet 's numbers to do the calculation... looking at the post I didn't see an attached spreadsheet. The weights identified might be an interesting set of columns to add to the sheet I started. I found it super interesting to be able to look at dozens of trucks at one time when I was doing my research (originally looking at F150s).

Havieair

Reaction score
Maybe it’s already been posted but no luck finding it. Does anyone know the difference in weight between the Bighorn Level 1 vs level 2 equipment package? I know I took about an 80lb payload hit with the eTorque but trying to figure where the rest of it went.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe it’s already been posted but no luck finding it. Does anyone know the difference in weight between the Bighorn Level 1 vs level 2 equipment package? I know I took about an 80lb payload hit with the eTorque but trying to figure where the rest of it went.
I have a Bighorn level 1, but it's a quad cab, non E torque, and 4x4. Payload is 1794. Might be able to figure out the differences in levels with some extra math. The level two has the power inverter so that is probably the biggest factor in weight between the levels

jmr

Reaction score
2019 RAM Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 Limited Slip, Sport Appearance Package, Trailer Tow Package and 18" Wheels
Payload 1827

Attachments

• IMG_7809.JPG
    IMG_7809.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 54

blakei

Reaction score
2019 RAM Bighorn Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 Limited Slip, Sport Appearance Package, Trailer Tow Package and 18" Wheels
Payload 1827

Wow, great payload! Do you have any other packages like Level 1 Equipment Group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blakei

Reaction score
Thanks, didn’t see it from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joecameron69

Reaction score
2020 1500 5.7 Etorque Door sticker vs Mopar website not much difference, but still not the same

Attachments

• 20200913_155917.jpg
    20200913_155917.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20200910-071652_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200910-071652_Chrome.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 84

1Zach1

Reaction score
Once I get the actual truck I'll post it, but the website seems to be pretty accurate from posts here. 987lb payload. About what I expected with all the options I got I supposed, but ouch.
Payload.PNG Build.PNG

Funeman

Reaction score
I know the sticker includes factory installed options, but does the payload shown on factory stickers include the full tank of fuel and DEF, because for mine that's approximately 250 pounds (26 gallons/diesel + 8 gallons/DEF)? I've also read on some Ford sites that their stickers factor in additional weight for the driver (150 or 175lbs). True?
Truck.jpg Payload.jpg

Attachments

• Payload.jpg
    Payload.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 10

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know the sticker includes factory installed options, but does the payload shown on factory stickers include the full tank of fuel and DEF, because for mine that's approximately 250 pounds (26 gallons/diesel + 8 gallons/DEF)? I've also read on some Ford sites that their stickers factor in additional weight for the driver (150 or 175lbs). True?
View attachment 72865 View attachment 72866
Ford is differnet.

RAM does not do any calculation for a driver. As payload is anything added to the truck.and the door sticker says occupants and cargo.

Your fuel and DEF are included in base weight.

GVWR minus base weight equals payload

GVWR minus payload equals base weight

Your EcoDiesel has a GVWR if 7200lbs.

7200 minus 1593 equals 5607. This is empty with full fluids.

So technically as you use fuel and DEF you gain available payload.

Hope that helps.

Funeman

Reaction score
Ford is differnet.

RAM does not do any calculation for a driver. As payload is anything added to the truck.and the door sticker says occupants and cargo.

Your fuel and DEF are included in base weight.

GVWR minus base weight equals payload

GVWR minus payload equals base weight

Your EcoDiesel has a GVWR if 7200lbs.

7200 minus 1593 equals 5607. This is empty with full fluids.

So technically as you use fuel and DEF you gain available payload.

Hope that helps.
Perfect, thanks. I'm going to be heading to a CAT scale near me to get an exact weight with the post factory add-ons (tonneau, running boards, liners, etc) plus miscellaneous "stuff" I'm now storing in the truck and bins. It'll be nice to know exactly what my new curb weight is.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks. I'm going to be heading to a CAT scale near me to get an exact weight with the post factory add-ons (tonneau, running boards, liners, etc) plus miscellaneous "stuff" I'm now storing in the truck and bins. It'll be nice to know exactly what my new curb weight is.
The CAT app is the bear download I ever made.

Good job wanting to know your numbers. Report back with the findings please.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Hello devildodge

Thank you to you and every else on this thread who have provided information to help a novice like me from making the common mistake of going off the generic payload and towing numbers.

So I am guessing my Limited build will be around 1,250 lbs.

If anyone can give me your best guess on my build, that would help, there have been a few close, but not exact.

Here is my build

Limited
Crew cab
5’ 7” box
4x4
33 gallon
Anti spin
Mft
Rambox
Level 1
Ecodiesel
trailer brake - I think this is 0

Thank you

from reading the threads, I have an idea on the weights of some of the options

Awesome forum

Dan
FYI the MFT and Rambox are the big killers, they will drop your payload real low ..

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
A huge Thank You goes out to @Dawn

Thanks to HER effort, we now have a very accurate payload and towing calculator.

It is such a shame RAM screwed so many with their unreliable, inaccurate calculator, but was able to fix it that quick.

Through some research, not only has it been fixed for new trucks, but also for older trucks as well.

So, hopefully now we can get some more useful information from the configurator and some more pleasant experiences.
Wait, is there another payload calculator out there I don't k now about? Can someone send me link? I tried to search the forum after I saw this post but came up with nothing. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread