5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

Chanyote66

Reaction score
This is my 2020 1500 4x4 crew cab 6'4" tow package, power folding tow mirrors, bighorn with cloth 5 seat interior and level 1 technology package "sport"
20200803_141935.jpg

TAL2GK

Reaction score
60 lbs heavier than the standard mirrors? I sure hope that’s high. They’re a bit bigger and a bit wider. I’m shocked they’d be 3o lbs more per side.

Virgiestream

Reaction score
Hello to all,

Our Limited has arrived and we are thrilled with it. I listed the payload in my signature. Very happy with the options and final payload. It is perfect for Ginny and myself with our Lance 1995 TT. Even with a few passengers, payload will be close, but manageable…and that will be 5% of the time, as overall it will be the two of us.

Thank you to all on this forum who have posted information. To say it was helpful is an understatement. Ram needs to improve their site regarding options and payload…not to mention educating their sales force. With today’s technology it should not be that difficult.

Dan and Ginny

Pino F

Reaction score
Hi all

Can someone tell me the weight of the 2020 limited 22 inch tires?

Thank You
Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chanyote66

Reaction score
I don't see how this varies soo much, 2020 BH,5.7 no e- torq,level 2,night edition, 3.21s

Yours is very close to mine, I have level 1 so less technology weight, but I have the massive power folding tow mirrors with built in LED markers that are apparently lead lined...

Working in upholstery as a hobby, I can easily understand why the options with leather have a reduced capacity, my seats I rewrapped in leather were almost 30lbs per bucket seat in a 2002 jetta heavier than stock. I didnt use any special whole hide either, it was standard automotive split hide leather. adding that up on my jetta was a total of about 200lbs after the back bench, door cards, and arm rest was done.

Bigdub

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and looking at buying a 2020 Ram 1500 limited. I am trying to make sure I have enough payload to make sure I can keep my kids in the truck when towing our camper.

Can anyone tell me if I buy a truck with the trifold tonneau cover included from the factory ($550 option), is the weight of the tonneau cover already included in the payload number on the door jamb? Seems like it would be, but since it’s so easily removed accessory I’m just not sure. I would end up buying the tonneau aftermarket if not, but makes a 60ish lb payload difference if it’s already included. Thanks!

Limited level 1 equipment group
Tri fold tonneau
Anti-spin
5.7 etorque
Dual pane pano sunroof
33-gallon fuel
Trailer brake control

1327 lbs payload.
Question is if the Installed tri-fold tonneau is already included in that Payload calculation. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bigdub

Reaction score
Can anyone with the factory tonneau comment on whether the weight is included in the payload sticker calculation? Thanks—really appreciate it if so. I’d ask the salesman, but it seems they either don’t know or just make things up from what most people are saying.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it was installed by the factory you would think it would be included.

Virgiestream

Reaction score
Yes - whatever is on your build sheet and added as options is included in your payload. Any after market options added, it is the responsibility of the owner to know the approximate weight and deduct/include in the final payload.

So in your case, the etorque, tonneau, sunroof, 33 gallon gas tank and even the anti spin all contribute to the final payload sticker - 1341 is not too bad for a limited. You can see my payload, which I am pleased with, on my signature. Love the rambox system and mft…just in the first week of use, I cannot believe how functional they make the truck. Does cut into the payload by about 260 lbs for those two options. This site has been instrumental in helping me, as the sales reps and even the Ram site itself are not very helpful. Just as they have the price being figured with options, they should do the same with payload.

Good luck

Virgiestream

Reaction score
Also, I got the ASG, vs level I, based on a suggestion of one of the many helpful members. I am more than happy with the Alpine stereo system and did not need ventilated seats in the back. Those two items are the main difference. The few times we would have passengers along, I do not feel we needed the back cooling seats. …$1,300 less going the ASG option plus about 35lbs lighter on the payload as well.
My thanks to Nicolasbvillegas for that tip.

Dan

Chanyote66

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and looking at buying a 2020 Ram 1500 limited. I am trying to make sure I have enough payload to make sure I can keep my kids in the truck when towing our camper.

What is your campers max weight?

my setup for example (3875lb camper full)
Me, my wife, my kids and the dogs = 555lbs
Trailer tongue weight full= 468lbs (measured and verified on CAT scale) its 12% of total trailer weight
Camping gear (bikes, firewood, spare LP tank, spare 5 gal gas tank for truck, axe, hatchet, and spare water jugs) = ~550lbs
Total = 1573lbs

and I only have a Travel trailer that is a small 19ft single axle with 20 gallons of water on board (thats why I carry 36 gallons in the bed of the truck)

If you have a larger trailer, for example the average 35ft trailer is ~9000lbs full, thats 900-1100lbs on the tongue, add a weight distribution hitch and your payload for just the trailer is now 960-1200lbs (WD hitches weigh between 60 and 100lbs all up usually)

Im installing airlift bags just to help stay level, but they don't add payload capacity.
Also, WD hitches don't increase payload, they only distribute weight between axles.

Opt for the 3.92 axle, I usually forget my trailer is back there with it, my older 3.21 you could feel my 800lb lawn mower on a 400lb trailer.
Even at highway speeds, the 3.92 gives you that little extra you need to pull the giant airbrake that a travel trailer is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time.

So ~1400 on average on higher trim trucks right now and all the options aren’t even available yet; eTorque (80lbs), Ram Box, Bed Step (20lbs)....

I bet a fully optioned out truck will be 1100, not that I’m looking for that. Still better than the under 900lb payload stickers I’ve heard rumor of in fully optioned 4th gen trucks.

I’d like a Limited 4x4 Crew, short bed, 5.7 eTorque, 3.92, anti spin, 33gal fuel tank, advanced safety group and brake controller. I’m thinking just under 1400 on the sticker based on what we’ve seen.
Hey buddy. I did a lot of research last week before buying mine. What worked for me (but you guys may find too tedious) was to regularly visit the websites of the 5 RAM dealers in my area. Used their search function to drill down to just the Laramie’s with my desired features. Then you can select “window sticker” to get the VIN. Then take each VIN and plug it into the RAM Tow Capacity by VIN found on RAM’s own website. Doing that for the week allowed me to pin down the truck with my desired payload capacity level (1637) and Max tow. Oh and after you do about 100 of these you really get to know exactly what options and packages detract from payload.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey buddy. I did a lot of research last week before buying mine. What worked for me (but you guys may find too tedious) was to regularly visit the websites of the 5 RAM dealers in my area. Used their search function to drill down to just the Laramie’s with my desired features. Then you can select “window sticker” to get the VIN. Then take each VIN and plug it into the RAM Tow Capacity by VIN found on RAM’s own website. Doing that for the week allowed me to pin down the truck with my desired payload capacity level (1637) and Max tow. Oh and after you do about 100 of these you really get to know exactly what options and packages detract from payload.
Yes , now that the VIN lookup gives the actual payload for that exact vehicle it’s a lot easier to find the payload for the trim and options you want. The VIN lookup was fixed relatively recently. Before that the VIN lookup was worthless and only gave a generic payload number without taking into account trim or options.

peeceejay

Reaction score
2020 Laramie crew cab, short bed night edition with 3.92 rear.

I have the Laramie 2 package. Safety package. Tow brake controller, but not the tow package. Ramboxes and bed upgrade package. I have the 12" screen also.

My payload is 1309lbs, which isn't great. I have tons of towing capacity for a huge trailer, but no payload. Once we factor in the family, dog, grill and some other stuff in the bed, I've eaten 600 or so of that up. As a result, the travel trailer we're looking at is on the smaller / lighter side for a bunk house floorplan.

802d8554-ed94-4b53-9c4c-1bb5b3acf7cb.jpg

Last edited:

blakei

Reaction score
Anybody interested in putting their numbers into a spreadsheet? I was considering an F150 and came across a spreadsheet on another forum (www.f150forum.com) where many people had entered their payload, other specs, and options. It was super helpful to see how the capacities were different, and way easier than looking at dozens of door stickers. :)

Here's the F150 spreadsheet ("Vehicles" sheet) as an example: https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...256&ithint=file,xlsx&authkey=!AK72JuHJWuenvwI

Here's a spreadsheet I just created for 5th Gen RAM 1500's if you want to fill it up: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qrEMRu4GpnWrmNhLzSS9XSjXz5Fmxpf_8OT_AejKgzc/edit?usp=sharing

Attachment shows what the F150 sheet looks like.

Attachments

• f150_capacities.png
    f150_capacities.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread