5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of your lowered Ram

Speedthrills

Reaction score
Did you lose any turn radius with the IHC kit? I just installed mine right now and i only get one full steering wheel turn. Maybe it'll correct after it's alignment tomorrow.
Yes, I have removed small amounts from the spindle and need to remove a little more. I am getting 1 1/2 turns both directions. I believe stock is 1 3/4 turns in both directions. Make sure you have all the weight on the truck to remove in the correct location. I drive mine pretty hard and have not seen an issue to this point. I have put about 4k miles on with kit.

Snowman122

Reaction score
Yes, I have removed small amounts from the spindle and need to remove a little more. I am getting 1 1/2 turns both directions. I believe stock is 1 3/4 turns in both directions. Make sure you have all the weight on the truck to remove in the correct location. I drive mine pretty hard and have not seen an issue to this point. I have put about 4k miles on with kit.
Makes sense. I wish I had a lift so I can see where 8t makes contact. I removed the turn stops but i barely get a full turn of the steering wheel. You said you get another half. That's awesome. It drives like a boat right now. .

Speedthrills

Reaction score
Makes sense. I wish I had a lift so I can see where 8t makes contact. I removed the turn stops but i barely get a full turn of the steering wheel. You said you get another half. That's awesome. It drives like a boat right now. .
Did you do 3/5 or 4/6? Mine rides good. Stiffer than stock.

Snowman122

Reaction score
Did you do 3/5 or 4/6? Mine rides good. Stiffer than stock.
I did a 3/5. Mine rides so good now with this kit. I'm planning on ordering some bilsteins for the front. It rides really good. I was able to get 1 1/2 turn to the right. But i can't get the left side. I only get one full turn to the left.

Speedthrills

Reaction score
I did a 3/5. Mine rides so good now with this kit. I'm planning on ordering some bilsteins for the front. It rides really good. I was able to get 1 1/2 turn to the right. But i can't get the left side. I only get one full turn to the left.
That is the same thing I had with the steering. I did the Bilstein shock and spring combo on mine and I am very happy with it. I did the Helwig sway bar but went back to stock sway bar. The fondly thing I am thinking about is going to QA1 shocks for the rear, not real sure at this point. ?

Nozzleman

Reaction score
2” maxtrac springs in the rear with 1 coil cut. Rides exactly the same as factory, fit perfect.
Still happy with the maxtrac? I'm considering doing the same.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Snowman122

Reaction score
Do any of y'all have a squeaking coming from the back of the truck? I've been dropped for about 3 months now. My truck started squeaking and i can't tell what it is. I've sprayed everything with white lithium grease and no dice. Still bad squeaks. Especially when it rains. Squeaks on uneven road and bumps

1lowcab

Reaction score
Anyone else have input on lowering? I really want a 2/4 for mine but it is 4x4. Right now I have the Maxtrac 2" rear springs on and love them, zero problems.
Could I just use the Maxtrac adjustable struts set to 2" and cut a coil off the rear? Would that be able to be aligned? Would that be too much of an angle of the cv axles? Would I get the high speed wobble?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!
Heres mine with the rear springs.
20210530_171618.jpg

HULK

Reaction score
I have not had any wobble issues. But I do need to correct the camber issue I guess I need a upper control arm I’m not real sure can anyone suggest anything
10a21fb200a525751fa887daf962d197.jpg

31bf170c9ce033a350a79a0aae0cb6b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mind sharing the wheel and tire specs you are running here? I know they are 24x10, but what wheel offset and tire size are you running? Looks great. Thank you in advance.

Twil6

Reaction score
Are the springs the same to lower a 4x4 in the rear to level it?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are the springs the same to lower a 4x4 in the rear to level it?
Yeah the 2wd and 4x4 are the same spring PN.

I just removed my set as I'm going to go with a lift. HA didn't even make it the full month before I saw a lifted Ram like mine and I knew that's what I wanted. :p

Lie2me

Reaction score
View attachment 88088
Sorry for the late delay! Here’s how it aligned. I feel like a moron too... figured out the shaking. Never bothered to check tire pressure from when the tires shop repaired the wheels and mounted the tires. Turns out, having the front tires at 60psi causes a shake 😂 bringing them down to 35 has completely changed the way the truck rides! Just need to figure out new shocks for the rear. The ones that came in this kit are junk!
100% agree with those shocks being garbage. Not a fan of maxtrac after my 4G RC . Rear shock leaked/dead less than 5k miles.

Lie2me

Reaction score
Nice trucks fellas. Ran across an all white 5G with a lowering kit today Too much traffic to talk to him. These trucks look crazy badass lowered, like they were born to be Low.

Users who are viewing this thread