5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of your lowered Ram

ChrisSRT

Reaction score
In my case, yes it’s a pavement princess, 2wd and going the street truck route. I’ve had my lifted trucks and done the whole off road thing. Back in my young days. Now I’m older, married and with 2 small kids. Just easier for the entire family to get into the truck.
How did your front wheel alignment turn out? Did your camber go into spec with maxtraxx?

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Yeah they're balanced properly and new tires as well. Either way i give up. I'm removing the maxtrac and I'm going with IHC. Should've went with them in the first place. I've used them before on an old silverado. First and last time I'm using maxtrac. Their support didn't help one bit. I'm going with the 3/5 non cut kit IHC. Probably will sell the maxtrac if anyone is interested.

Everyone seems to forget about proper pinion angle when they lower. With trucks that have leaf springs, you simply put in a shim. But with these rear coil spring setups, you have to get the IHC relocation brackets or adjustable 4-link bars that will tilt the differential to the correct angle to prevent the off balancing act the driveshaft will do at speed. My Lightning is slammed and I had to shim it to get the pinion angle back to a correct setting. I'm not sure what the angle is for a RAM, but from all I have seen, the IHC relocation brackets get you there up to like 7" lowering in the rear, but you'll need to find it for the adjustable bars.

IMG_9036.JPG

Last edited:

Clv22p

Reaction score
I wrote Belltech about their lowering kit this morning. This is their response:

“Thank you for contacting Belltech.

We will have a ¾ kit and a 4/4 kit for now. ETA is end of August
.”

They currently have coilovers available for the front that will allow for a 3 inch front drop.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

.”

They currently have coilovers available for the front that will allow for a 3 inch front drop.
Wow. I spoke with them about a month ago and they said late May. Wondering if they had a setback during development and testing.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

.”

WTH will we do with a 4/4 kit??

Raildog87

Reaction score
Anyone have or ordered the Belltech drop coilovers?
Talked to consumer service today and they said they have the parts to make them and have 18 set's on order.

The 2/4 drop is still no were to be found and still aways out.There focused on the new Broncos at the moment.

Decided to just piece a Maxtrac kit with all the recommendations from the site with possible Belltech coilovers.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
I agree!!! Lol, waiting on the control arms from maxtrac then I’m dropping mine!! Thanks gm awesome wheel!!!

Attachments

• B351E6FC-A614-43C9-AF8A-3432B5F1FEFC.jpeg
    B351E6FC-A614-43C9-AF8A-3432B5F1FEFC.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 398E33F0-728C-4B29-8E39-C1F50D87757F.jpeg
    398E33F0-728C-4B29-8E39-C1F50D87757F.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 137

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree!!! Lol, waiting on the control arms from maxtrac then I’m dropping mine!! Thanks gm awesome wheel!!!
What offset and tires are on those? I’m looking at a set of machined and gunmetal snowflakes right now.

Norvak

Reaction score
Excellent looking trucks! Question for y’all. I currently have a 2” front spacer level on my truck with 33” tires on -18 wheels. I’m looking at the 2/4 drop kit just go a different direction.

Has anyone ran a wheel with this negative offset and a 2/4 drop? Would I need to go down to a 305/60R18 or 285/65R18?

Terrible_One

Reaction score
View attachment 132266

Maxtrac set at 2/4. Bilsteins, air lift, spohn bar.

305/35r24 Niche Vice Suv 24x10 +30

Would love to take it to 3/5-4/6 but to much commitment for a daily driver
Those wheels are awesome. Question though: I looked those wheels up and multiple sites say they "don't fit" our RAMs. Did you have any issues? Who did you buy them from? Do they poke at all or sit right at the fender well?

Users who are viewing this thread