5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Pages on 2022 Limited 12 inch UC5

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Refusing to give up I decided to make another attempt at a configuration change to try and keep the performance pages, off road pages and trailer tow pages.

About 5 days ago I changed ECUConfig18 Connected Services Present from yes to no.

So far the pages are still there. Typically they would be gone within 24hrs. My Ram Connect app still gets updated and I can still remotely lock, unlock and start the truck.

I can't quite call it a success yet but I thought I would post it now in case anyone else wants to try it.

Pic attached of parameter I changed.
As mentioned in another reply...the AlfaOBD parameter change for "Connected Services" is not going to resolve anything. The longest I went without having my pages deleted by RAM Connect is 4 days...but they eventually deleted my unauthorized apps (Performance, Off Road, Drive Mode, etc). As of today the only way to prevent the loss of the apps is to remove the telematics box...buried under your dash to the right of your screen. Lots of info on how to do in previous comments...it's a pain to do...but it works.

Last edited:

amaliks

Reaction score
ECUConfig 18:
17Wifi Present: YesWifi Present: No
18Assist Call Button Configuration: Remote - HU (Head Unit) SelectionAssist Call Button Configuration: No
19ECALL Button Configuration: Virtual (CAN/LIN)ECALL Button Configuration: No
20TBM (Telematics Box Module) Second Generation: YesTBM (Telematics Box Module) Second Generation: No
21External LTE Diversity Antenna: YesExternal LTE Diversity Antenna: No
22USB Connection Present: YesUSB Connection Present: No
23Connected Services Present: YesConnected Services Present: No

Above is a comparison of Canadian VS UAE. Perhaps try item 20 and change to NO that may eliminate the need to take TBM out. I have all the pages, they dot get deleted. I do have same problem like Darksteel165 for performance pages.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
ECUConfig 18:
17Wifi Present: YesWifi Present: No
18Assist Call Button Configuration: Remote - HU (Head Unit) SelectionAssist Call Button Configuration: No
19ECALL Button Configuration: Virtual (CAN/LIN)ECALL Button Configuration: No
20TBM (Telematics Box Module) Second Generation: YesTBM (Telematics Box Module) Second Generation: No
21External LTE Diversity Antenna: YesExternal LTE Diversity Antenna: No
22USB Connection Present: YesUSB Connection Present: No
23Connected Services Present: YesConnected Services Present: No

Above is a comparison of Canadian VS UAE. Perhaps try item 20 and change to NO that may eliminate the need to take TBM out. I have all the pages, they dot get deleted. I do have same problem like Darksteel165 for performance pages.
Nope, that doesn't work.
Tried that months ago.
Need to remove\disconnect the box if you want them to stay, else your truck will talk to Ram.

Lots of settings in Alfaobd don't do anything. Setting Maserati mode to yes doens't transform your truck either.

Bin01123

Reaction score
That’s correct. Once you unplug the brown and blue connectors from the TBM, you’ll link them together with that cable, and then you’ll have gps/SDARS to the radio module.

Off road pages stick for me.
I can’t get OTA updates. Updates come over cellular. No TBM = no cellular connectivity = no WiFi connectivity.
@Jimmy07 and @cskindt

Thanks for your work on this. I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited (w/65K miles) and wasn't aware of the boxes they put in these with the capabilities of tracking you. My issue is I just realized the GPS isn't working in my truck but the XM radio is. My plan is to get to the telematics box to see if the previous owner bypassed the box. Then I'm planning to use the adapter cable that was posted here if needed in hopes of getting the GPS back working while keeping the telematics box bypassed. (if its there) Does this sound like the right approach to towards getting the GPS back working in my truck?

Reaction score
Is your truck a Canadian version? Maybe RAM Connect has given up deleting unauthorized apps...or they are short staffed during the holiday season.
Yes it's a Canadian truck. I'm actually surprised the pages are still there.

I did a hard reset of my system, pages showed up and then they were gone after a day. I made the change in AlfaOBD and set the Connected Services status to Not Enabled then did another hard reset and it's now been 18 days and the pages are still there.

I can still use the Ram app on my phone to perform functions and I still get notifications that the truck received the commands so I know there's bi-directional communication.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes it's a Canadian truck. I'm actually surprised the pages are still there.

I did a hard reset of my system, pages showed up and then they were gone after a day. I made the change in AlfaOBD and set the Connected Services status to Not Enabled then did another hard reset and it's now been 18 days and the pages are still there.

I can still use the Ram app on my phone to perform functions and I still get notifications that the truck received the commands so I know there's bi-directional communication.
If connected services really was disabled you wouldn't be able to start your truck.
If they havnt been removed it's just random, as that's how it's suppose to work.
I wonder if it's because it's a Canadian truck, they have different trims and options then the ones in the USA like having a trim called Sport (we don't have that in the states)

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 and @cskindt

Thanks for your work on this. I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited (w/65K miles) and wasn't aware of the boxes they put in these with the capabilities of tracking you. My issue is I just realized the GPS isn't working in my truck but the XM radio is. My plan is to get to the telematics box to see if the previous owner bypassed the box. Then I'm planning to use the adapter cable that was posted here if needed in hopes of getting the GPS back working while keeping the telematics box bypassed. (if its there) Does this sound like the right approach to towards getting the GPS back working in my truck?

It's a good place to start.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 and @cskindt

No, your truck doesn’t have a telematics box. If your sxm is working, but gps is not, there is an issue with your radio module.

Bin01123

Reaction score
No, your truck doesn’t have a telematics box. If your sxm is working, but gps is not, there is an issue with your radio module.

That doesn't sound good and was what I was thinking. I also noticed on the CarFax that a "GPS/navigation system" was installed prior to it being sold. Any ideas on what I should look at besides replacing the entire head unit?

And do you have a part number for that radio module by chance? (I'm seeing multiple on the Mopar website)

Last edited:

Bin01123

Reaction score
Just tried to update the the head unit first to see what happens and it was unsuccessful. I got the message attached. Has anyone seen this and know what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_8576.jpeg
    IMG_8576.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 35

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just tried to update the the head unit first to see what happens and it was unsuccessful. I got the message attached. Has anyone seen this and know what this is?
This thread is about performance pages on UC5 which is 2022s and above. You would have better luck making a new thread in the correct area for your problem since it has nothing to do with performance pages or UC5. Nothing in this thread pertains to your truck.

Bin01123

Reaction score
This thread is about performance pages on UC5 which is 2022s and above. You would have better luck making a new thread in the correct area for your problem since it has nothing to do with performance pages or UC5. Nothing in this thread pertains to your truck.

Sorry and a Happy new year to you too

Last edited:

jmr

Reaction score
The last time I enabled the performance pages they lasted 1 hour before they were gone. The Trailer app showed up out of nowhere and it has some gauges in it.

patrik470

Reaction score
Thanks, I hate how that other forum requires you to sign up to see pictures. Guess ill make an account so I can see it.

Is that the right connector I linked" Just one of them right?
Hey! Trying to do the same on my longhorn 2022, how is this went for you ?ù Any advice, tips would be appreciated.
I have a very basic knowledge in this matter but I'm familiar with following n reading blueprints etc

Users who are viewing this thread