5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander vs. Pulsar

shaveman

Reaction score
Just ordered it... You guys are killing me...
Consolation is that I’m telling myself at least I am getting points on my Amex... :unsure: :p

Amazon is where I got mine. Wasn’t thrilled with the $299 price tag. Seems like it should be more like $150. But the effect is worth the price, and the Bluetooth capability is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KcRay

Reaction score
Use PCFB10 for 10% off @Pedal commander web site, ordered mine Friday.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first Sprint Booster I basically found were I liked it and left it. The controller is tiny compared to the others and it just plugs into the back of the pedal and your done. They invented it have evolved it and I feel it's the cleanest installed simple to use system. Not bashing just personal opinion and has a good track record with me. I have also been on many other forums and not to judge others but I have seen in the past a tendency to follow the heard or lemming line just because others have talked about a product and not done their own research.

shaveman

Reaction score
My first Sprint Booster I basically found were I liked it and left it. The controller is tiny compared to the others and it just plugs into the back of the pedal and your done. They invented it have evolved it and I feel it's the cleanest installed simple to use system.
Looks pretty slick! That video is great. It definitely shows how poor stock responsiveness can be.

blownout1500

Reaction score
I had the Pulsar. Did work great for a few weeks. Truck suddenly went into limp mode. I took it off for a while, truck was fine. I put it back on, made sure grounding was correct, and again went into limp mode after about 2 weeks. I'm done with the Pulsar and added the Pedal Commander. No issues. I also like having more adjustments then the Pulsar.
Same exact thing, except I also got a second Pulsar unit shipped from edge claiming they identified the issue and fixed it. Total BS, second unit malfunctioned the same way. Ground was in contact with PCM, so that’s not the issue. After all that they refused a refund.

Pulsar is a crap product and Edge is a crap company. Don’t buy one.

whetrick1

Reaction score
My first Sprint Booster I basically found were I liked it and left it. The controller is tiny compared to the others and it just plugs into the back of the pedal and your done. They invented it have evolved it and I feel it's the cleanest installed simple to use system. Not bashing just personal opinion and has a good track record with me. I have also been on many other forums and not to judge others but I have seen in the past a tendency to follow the heard or lemming line just because others have talked about a product and not done their own research.

The video shows a lot,but he bashed the pedal commander and didn't even hook it up to show how good it works. So to me he's not very open minded about it. That being said I love my pedal commander. And see if sprint booster let's you hook up with it via Bluetooth lol

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked hard at buying a Sprint Booster as I really don't want another BT device in my truck. After googling hard I only came up with two unofficial sites and the fact that aFe resells it. The problem is that all of the sites showed ~9/5 as the first ship date so I take this to mean that SB is very late to the Ram DT party and trying to play catch up with PC.

Limited_Ram

Reaction score
The video shows a lot,but he bashed the pedal commander and didn't even hook it up to show how good it works. So to me he's not very open minded about it. That being said I love my pedal commander. And see if sprint booster let's you hook up with it via Bluetooth lol

Just like all the people that bash the Pulsar but have never used one. There are numerous posts and info out there on the Pedal Commander issues, such as constantly going WOT on its own. Thats a big deal, but everyone seems to overlook it lol

whetrick1

Reaction score
Just like all the people that bash the Pulsar but have never used one. There are numerous posts and info out there on the Pedal Commander issues, such as constantly going WOT on its own. Thats a big deal, but everyone seems to overlook it lol

I’ve had mine about a year and it has never gone wide open throttle. And I have had 2 pulsars one lasted about a month and made the truck go into limp mode. Called them and they told me that they sent me the wrong one. So they sent me a new one and it lasted 2 weeks so yes I’ve bashed it but I tried 2 of them to make it work. And Diablo has come out with a tuner and that’s what I’m going to get. Had one on my 2016 and it worked great lol

OC.13

Reaction score
This is an older thread and a bit off topic. I believe the pulsar controller that edge makes ,and the pulsar controller Diablo makes are the same product. I read on another site that a parent company owns both now and just market the same controller with a different brand name. As many people are brand loyal. This is all third party info, could be B.S. Always do u our research before you buy.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I still think that the Pedal Commander is the best unit on the market as I like the fact that I can hide the controller and control the unit via my phones Bluetooth app.

Tiggerspr96

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to agree that the Pulsar isn`t ready for prime time. My wife purchased the Pulsar as anniversary gift for me last month. The install was clean and simple, but the first unit turned my dashboard into a xmas tree!! I lost cruise control, adaptive cruise and got warnings about traction control needed service and I lost some unconnect functions (like the backup camera and the passenger seat controls and sirrus). The first pulsar unit made things so bad that I had to take my truck back to the dealership to get the PCM reflashed after Diablosport tried to help. Diablosport shipped out a second unit which appeared to work great for about two weeks and then tonight the dashboard went in xmas tree mode again!!!! Luckily, I removed the second pulsar from the pcm and everything went back to normal.

I have to admit with my AFE power CAI and AFE power throttle body spacer in combination with the pulsar....my RAM was a beast in Performance mode. But the scary unreliability of the pulsar throwing my truck into limp mode and even needing to be reflashed at the dealer (thank God I was still under warranty), just isn't worth it. Hopefully Diablosport will make this right by upgrading me with an I3 trinity unit and an unlocked PCM, so I can keep my stock PCM.

2019 RAM Limited
HEMI no etorque
3.92 gears
AFE Power CAI
AFE Power throttle body spacer

Attachments

• 20200516_115549.jpg
    20200516_115549.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200516_115709.jpg
    20200516_115709.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200516_115631.jpg
    20200516_115631.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200516_115643.jpg
    20200516_115643.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200610_195327.jpg
    20200610_195327.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 52

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to agree that the Pulsar isn`t ready for prime time. My wife purchased the Pulsar as anniversary gift for me last month. The install was clean and simple, but the first unit turned my dashboard into a xmas tree!! I lost cruise control, adaptive cruise and got warnings about traction control needed service and I lost some unconnect functions (like the backup camera and the passenger seat controls and sirrus). The first pulsar unit made things so bad that I had to take my truck back to the dealership to get the PCM reflashed after Diablosport tried to help. Diablosport shipped out a second unit which appeared to work great for about two weeks and then tonight the dashboard went in xmas tree mode again!!!! Luckily, I removed the second pulsar from the pcm and everything went back to normal.

I have to admit with my AFE power CAI and AFE power throttle body spacer in combination with the pulsar....my RAM was a beast in Performance mode. But the scary unreliability of the pulsar throwing my truck into limp mode and even needing to be reflashed at the dealer (thank God I was still under warranty), just isn't worth it. Hopefully Diablosport will make this right by upgrading me with an I3 trinity unit and an unlocked PCM, so I can keep my stock PCM.

2019 RAM Limited
HEMI no etorque
3.92 gears
AFE Power CAI
AFE Power throttle body spacer
Yikes.No performance in the world would entice me to get one and risk trashing my computer.

That’s stupid scary. Glad you got it resolved.

Cheers.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yikes.No performance in the world would entice me to get one and risk trashing my computer.

That’s stupid scary. Glad you got it resolved.

Cheers.
Totally agree with you my friend. @Tiggerspr96 , get your money back and run far far away from these people. In addition, your CAI and throttle body spacer are only eye candy and don't do much, if anything to increase performance you can actually feel.

Tiggerspr96

Reaction score
Totally agree with you my friend. @Tiggerspr96 , get your money back and run far far away from these people. In addition, your CAI and throttle body spacer are only eye candy and don't do much, if anything to increase performance you can actually feel.

Hey you wouldn't be near Pensacola/Ft. Walton Beach? Just asking since I saw your profile said north Florida. So what mods would you recommend and/or tuner? I have heard good stuff regarding HemiFever who uses the I3 unlocked PCM platform for his tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread