5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

76rich

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that my Limited made it's way to the dealership on this rainy day. I ordered it on March 19th. It was built in 4 weeks, but sat in JS status for 7 weeks, waiting on a back seat repair???? FCA cost me some money by lowering the incentives in June, but you can't fight city hall. Hopefully I can get it Thursday and find out what all the excitement is about!;)

Attachments

• 6-12-18 Arrival @ Dealership2.JPG
    6-12-18 Arrival @ Dealership2.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 6-12-18 Arrival @ Dealership.JPG
    6-12-18 Arrival @ Dealership.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 31

FLG8R

Reaction score
No worries, I ordered the standard hemi bighorn with off road, level 2 and dual pane sunroof. My order date was 5/31
I'm curious that you could place an order on 5/31 consisting of the Off Road package. Have you confirmed with your dealer that they were able to enter this build into the computer and generate a POC sheet?

alow

Reaction score
I'm curious that you could place an order on 5/31 consisting of the Off Road package. Have you confirmed with your dealer that they were able to enter this build into the computer and generate a POC sheet?
Yup I've had my new poc for a bit. Let me see if I can dig it up and post it

ryelinek

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that my Limited made it's way to the dealership on this rainy day. I ordered it on March 19th. It was built in 4 weeks, but sat in JS status for 7 weeks, waiting on a back seat repair???? FCA cost me some money by lowering the incentives in June, but you can't fight city hall. Hopefully I can get it Thursday and find out what all the excitement is about!;)

That is awesome! What a relief I’m sure.

Did your dealer not lock you in on a price when you ordered? Seems like most that placed an order had their dealer lock in a price for when their truck arrives.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Anymore info on what the backseat repair was about?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats!

FLG8R

Reaction score
Yup I've had my new poc for a bit. Let me see if I can dig it up and post it
You don't have to post it. I believe it if you say it was done. This will help some of us isolate a time frame when they stopped accepting orders with the Off Road Pkg. until further notice.

76rich

Reaction score
Anymore info on what the backseat repair was about?
I could never get a satisfactory answer on the back seat repair. Yes, the dealer and I made a deal on the truck before ordering. There were no incentives in March, but incentives were $1000 in April and May. Then dropped to $500 in June. I also have an email $500 cash from Ram. So to answer, ryelinik, Yes the price was locked in and when the truck comes in any incentives will apply. I just hate it that the truck sat for 7 weeks while incentives were higher.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I could never get a satisfactory answer on the back seat repair. Yes, the dealer and I made a deal on the truck before ordering. There were no incentives in March, but incentives were $1000 in April and May. Then dropped to $500 in June. I also have an email $500 cash from Ram. So to answer, ryelinik, Yes the price was locked in and when the truck comes in any incentives will apply. I just hate it that the truck sat for 7 weeks while incentives were higher.

Ok makes sense then. I got lucky and ordered on 4/28 right before the 1000 went away on Limiteds. At least getting the 500 now is better than the zero incentives in March.

Numms08

Reaction score
Limited
Ram Boxes
Sunroof
Ivory Color
Order Date: 5/23
VIN: 5/24
Customer Service told me on phone today that I’m still in scheduling phase(have not even made D1 yet) and my truck should be built at the end of July and Shipped sometime in Mid August. I’m in Northern Michigan so hopefully not a real long wait on Transport

warmachine

Reaction score
My truck was ordered on 02/02 and it’s been sitting in a storage lot somewhere for 5 weeks now

warmachine

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the status code is. Sales manager just said it hasn’t moved since the beginning of May.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the status code is. Sales manager just said it hasn’t moved since the beginning of May.

That’s kinda crazy. I would call RAM customer service and have them look into it to see what is going on. Did it ever start to ship or is it at a storage lot at the factory? If it’s in storage at the factory it’s probably in JS status and that means there is a Quality Control issue that needs to be worked out on the truck more than likely.

warmachine

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago the dealer principal told me it was in “bud” yard if I recall correctly. Supposedly it’s due to a lack of rail cars.

ryelinek

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago the dealer principal told me it was in “bud” yard if I recall correctly. Supposedly it’s due to a lack of rail cars.

Yea I’m calling BS on that. Cars are moving on rails but I am not sure what he meant by bud yard.

My truck entered into the shipping stage last Thursday on 6/07. It’s already made it from Michigan to Ohio via rail and then went from Ohio to PA today. I think it should have left PA today but I’ll call and check on that tomorrow.

If I were just in your shoes I’d be digging into this more and not taking what the dealer is saying. Call customer service and let them track your VIN.

warmachine

Reaction score
Mine does have to come to the Canadian west coast and these trucks seem to be rare on lots in this area. Out of 6 dealers in 100km radius, one has 4 Laramies and another has 1. I have yet to see a Limited or Ivory in person both of which are part of my order.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
congrats, slowly but surely they're coming!!

ryelinek

Reaction score
Called RAM customer service today for an update. First girl I got just gave me the day it entered into KZ and said all tracking info was gone. She was either new or lazy or both haha....

Called right after we hung up again and got someone else. She was able to tell me that the truck should be in Jessup, MD tonight or tomorrow. Jessup is 15 minutes from my dealer. If that is the case I am really hoping I can pick her up on Saturday. This dealer is closed on Sunday so unless it gets there Friday/Saturday I might have to wait until next weekend to get it. Ugh the suspense haha.....

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called RAM customer service today for an update. First girl I got just gave me the day it entered into KZ and said all tracking info was gone. She was either new or lazy or both haha....

Called right after we hung up again and got someone else. She was able to tell me that the truck should be in Jessup, MD tonight or tomorrow. Jessup is 15 minutes from my dealer. If that is the case I am really hoping I can pick her up on Saturday. This dealer is closed on Sunday so unless it gets there Friday/Saturday I might have to wait until next weekend to get it. Ugh the suspense haha.....

I hate how everyone with the FCA system provides different info constantly.

Users who are viewing this thread