5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
EP Order - 2019 1500 Laramie Quad Cab

4/7 Ordered/Purchased & Received VON
4/13 D & Vin #
4/27 D1

I get my update every Friday e-mailed to me from a company called Stericycle who works for the FCA.
How can I get on the list

ryelinek

Reaction score
I hate how everyone with the FCA system provides different info constantly.

Ya the girl was nice but I didn’t want to argue with her over this. Each day I called into after I hit KZ the rep was able to give me the very last event description for where it was. The fact she said that she couldn’t and that suddenly there was no info was very strange.

Called right back and got someone else to give me exactly what I was after.

ryelinek

Reaction score
You cannot get on the "list." I am a special case thats why I am involved with this company.

He had a lemon and probably don’t want to deal with the headache and nightmare that got him on their “list” haha.....

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He had a lemon and probably don’t want to deal with the headache and nightmare that got him on their “list” haha.....

Trust me you dont want to be in my shoes and be on their list. I went through hell and back

RKPhelps

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Ram, My Limited entered KZ status on June 9th which I knew already. I wanted to see today if they could give me any info on when it will be on a truck to my dealer in Dayton Ohio. He told me today that my Truck is in KZ P status and ready for shipping but couldn't tell me when that will be. He told me KZ P means it's passed inspections. So now it's like being in a blackout period with no way to track if my truck is moving or just sitting and my dealer hasn't been able to give me info as to when they can expect it showing up on their lot either. Frustrating.

cjgerson

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Ram, My Limited entered KZ status on June 9th which I knew already. I wanted to see today if they could give me any info on when it will be on a truck to my dealer in Dayton Ohio. He told me today that my Truck is in KZ P status and ready for shipping but couldn't tell me when that will be. He told me KZ P means it's passed inspections. So now it's like being in a blackout period with no way to track if my truck is moving or just sitting and my dealer hasn't been able to give me info as to when they can expect it showing up on their lot either. Frustrating.

So what I've been seeing is that after a truck enters KZ status then estimated delivery is 2-4 weeks later depending on how far away the dealership is location from Detroit.

ryelinek

Reaction score
So what I've been seeing is that after a truck enters KZ status then estimated delivery is 2-4 weeks later depending on how far away the dealership is location from Detroit.

Probably accurate. Depends on how far you are from Detroit by rail and also how far your dealer is from it’s last rail stop.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'd say your on the money with that. Based on the JeepGarage tracking I've seen them leave within hours of being built while others take a week or so.

Mine sat but then it was only a half a day by truck vs a week or more on rail then truck. Each stop can add a delay.

I will say, the VIN barcode on my windshield had a big yellow strip on it that said SOLD - so I'd assume that would help it move quicker. It did not in my case.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I will say, the VIN barcode on my windshield had a big yellow strip on it that said SOLD - so I'd assume that would help it move quicker. It did not in my case.

Hmm that I did not know. Do all sold orders comes with those from the factory. I’d be lying if it hasn’t crossed my mind about my truck somehow getting sold before I arrive to pick it up. I tend drive myself crazy over nothing though hahah....

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd assume so, if it was marked as a sold order with your info.

Your name is also printed on the top right of the window sticker.

"This vehicle was built especially for...."

AZOutdoors

Reaction score
Keeping everyone in the loop on how long things are taking. My Limited finally moved out of “I” status today into “JB”. It moved into “I” when the build completed 6/5. There is really no way to tell if it took a week due to workload, an issue, or a random pick to do a more thorough inspection (which I was told they do). I have seen a few builds have only a day or two in inspection. I have also seen some go right from “I” to KS but since the Limited has power steps (and maybe the spray in bed liner) I guess that is driving the JB body vendor step.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Keeping everyone in the loop on how long things are taking. My Limited finally moved out of “I” status today into “JB”. It moved into “I” when the build completed 6/5. There is really no way to tell if it took a week due to workload, an issue, or a random pick to do a more thorough inspection (which I was told they do). I have seen a few builds have only a day or two in inspection. I have also seen some go right from “I” to KS but since the Limited has power steps (and maybe the spray in bed liner) I guess that is driving the JB body vendor step.

Hope you get it soon!

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Its most not be a E Torque

Maverick

Reaction score
8 years ago I could track a truck via rail with VIN right to dealer. We went backwards. The lack of information sucks. How does the Jeep Group get it? It is an insider using FCA proprietary information to make money? Can’t imgaine FCA would be impressed if so!

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
8 years ago I could track a truck via rail with VIN right to dealer. We went backwards. The lack of information sucks. How does the Jeep Group get it? It is an insider using FCA proprietary information to make money? Can’t imgaine FCA would be impressed if so!

Don't ask don't tell

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I agree and I logged in to the jeep forum but I can't figure out where to go to track it. I think it's truly ridiculous we have to go thru this and buying a 70000 vehicle from this company. Tracking should be easy unless it's some lying going on. I'm starting to hate this process and this is my first Tam I'm trying to purchase. I'm truly having second thought. I believe I might have done better sticking with General Motors product but time will tell.

Maverick

Reaction score
Agreed the buying process should be a pleasant one. I buy something on Amazon and get updates every step of the way. A $70K truck and can’t get any updates in Canada. Canada buys 200,000 trucks a year, I believe. FCA needs to do better. Waiting sucks. Waiting with no updates is far worst. FCA if you’re listening you need to improve owner’s buying experience. People who order trucks customized to their liking are your bread and butter.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I stumbled upon the JeepGarage tracking while doing a Google search on how to track FCA vehicles. I think it's someone who has dealer level access but not positive. They do it for premium members to their forum - it's main purpose isn't to track FCA vehicles but I asked if they would do a RAM and they said yes!

Maverick

Reaction score
I stumbled upon the JeepGarage tracking while doing a Google search on how to track FCA vehicles. I think it's someone who has dealer level access but not positive. They do it for premium members to their forum - it's main purpose isn't to track FCA vehicles but I asked if they would do a RAM and they said yes!

It’s great someone can do this but it’s a sad state of affairs that we need to when ordering such an expensive vehicle. I’m just not up for paying for it when I’m pay as much as I am for the truck. And I’m in KZ (as of last update) status so it’s later in process for me.

Users who are viewing this thread