5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

FLG8R

Reaction score
He stated there is no eta as of now and it is an order restriction
Went to my dealer today with my contingency plan if for some reason the Rebels won't be hitting the lots for some time. My backup build was a Big Horn QC 4x4 w/Off Road Pkg and Black Appearance. My dealer was unable to build this truck because there was a yellow line through the Off Road Group meaning it could not be built at this time. This has nothing to do with dealer allocation. Now, speculate to your hearts content but it does validate what the members concerns were. Also. there is NO mention of recalls, just that it cannot be built at this time.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems suppliers are not as ready to build 5th Gen Rams as they need to be.

In my line of work, we used to do everything in house, and well over the years they went to suppliers and 99 percent of our hold ups is supplier issues...and it seems it always will be that way as in today's production world it is easier to pass blame along rather than deal with it head on...

Sorry for the rant...just dealing with the same issue on this side of the tracks.:mad:

So skid plates or shocks...maybe the elocker...maybe even the decal...(n):rolleyes:

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

In my line of work, we used to do everything in house, and well over the years they went to suppliers and 99 percent of our hold ups is supplier issues...and it seems it always will be that way as in today's production world it is easier to pass blame along rather than deal with it head on...

Sorry for the rant...just dealing with the same issue on this side of the tracks.:mad:

So skid plates or shocks...maybe the elocker...maybe even the decal...(n):rolleyes:

Sure glad I ordered my off road package when I did....

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I ordered the protection package on my limited for the skid plates...i wonder if for some reason that's also holding me in D status

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The other possibility is that they are focusing on building rebels and all the off road parts are prioritized to them

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The other possibility is that they are focusing on building rebels and all the off road parts are prioritized to them
I'm in D1 with an order placed 5/25 that includes eTorque, RamBox, Off Road, and more. As others have said, there's no rhyme or reason to the scheduling with respect to order dates and options.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in D1 with an order placed 5/25 that includes eTorque, RamBox, Off Road, and more. As others have said, there's no rhyme or reason to the scheduling with respect to order dates and options.

Exactly right, except if they actually start building your truck, play the lottery my friend lol

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Something I have wondered is whether certain dealers obtain priority status for their allocation, based on their size, the market they are in, etc. Does someone on the 'inside' have insight into this?

ryelinek

Reaction score
Something I have wondered is whether certain dealers obtain priority status for their allocation, based on their size, the market they are in, etc. Does someone on the 'inside' have insight into this?

It’s strange because for example the biggest RAM dealer in my area is Koons in Virginia. They are very high volume yet only have like 10 different 2019s on their website and a few are in transit of that group. Yet another dealer whom I would consider to be 2nd to them in the area has like 45+ in stock and has had them for sometime now. Some dealers appear to have a lot more than others and I am not sure if there is a reason for that considering the biggest in our area still only has like 10.

My dealer in MD where I went to place my order also lists having 40+ in stock yet mine moved fairly fast once I was out of D1 after 28 days in that status. Its hard to say if dealer allocation has anything to do with these trucks.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Yeah both got Limiteds with etorque and ramboxes.....
Me too. I'm 2.5 weeks in D status now, but I had a week in C status before that, a few days in D1 before that. So who knows. E torque and rambox limited.

RKPhelps

Reaction score
Well, my Limited hit KZ status over the weekend and is ready to ship. Ordered on 5/10/18 (4 weeks). Now what? will it sit or ship out quickly? My dealer is near Dayton Ohio so I think it will come by truck (no rail). Is there a way I can track shipping or do I need to rely on my dealer to do that?

ryelinek

Reaction score
Well, my Limited hit KZ status over the weekend and is ready to ship. Ordered on 5/10/18 (4 weeks). Now what? will it sit or ship out quickly? My dealer is near Dayton Ohio so I think it will come by truck (no rail). Is there a way I can track shipping or do I need to rely on my dealer to do that?

That is pretty damn fast from your order date compared to most. Your dealer probably will have the best info. I am trying to get mine to update me.

Online chat once it is in KZ has been no real help for me at all. I did about an hour ago while I was in the car called directly into customer service. Really nice guy named Wayne told me my truck was currently in Toledo, OH as of this morning. Which was a lot more than what they said online since no one would even mention if it left the factory yet or not.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Your truck will go to Toledo then you. No way to tell if it'll sit or ship. My dealer had stock trucks ship instantly, mine sat a few days and it was marked hot. Turns out it was waiting on other vehicles headed this way.

RKPhelps

Reaction score
Your truck will go to Toledo then you. No way to tell if it'll sit or ship. My dealer had stock trucks ship instantly, mine sat a few days and it was marked hot. Turns out it was waiting on other vehicles headed this way.
According to my dealer, my truck is in Toledo as we speak.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
just saw a 19 silver limited 1500 with the standard rims in my area pull into the local walmart so i stalked it and pulled in behind it and talked to the owner before he got in the store. he's had it for about 3 weeks now and loves it. he bought it off the lot from my dealer. i'll be 9 weeks in this wednesday for mine so i know it will be soon. first 19 i've seen on the road so far.

cjgerson

Reaction score
OK so got a little inside info on the current build plan for my truck that I ordered on 5/2 with Hemi etorque and Rambox. My truck is still in D status but the current build plan is 7/2. Basically (as one would guess) they have an estimated build date prior to D1 status, but that is not typically shared with the Dealer or RAM customer service.

Not a huge shocker, but my Build plan date has slipped. "Build plan has moved to 7/16 now "

Users who are viewing this thread