5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my last 2 calls to Ram checking the status of my order, while they did not change the "estimated' date of 06/14 I was given, I was told it could be "another week or 2" past that date and my order had an asterisk next to it but they didn't know the reason why..........

Seems like the goal posts are moving....My dealer has already told me to expect it in July, so I am guessing I am looking at the 3rd or 4th week of June for a build date.

Meanwhile I am still at D status at JeepGarage and D1 with Ram.

sghuntoon

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the trucks are delivered to dealerships within Michigan? My dealer is only about 2 hours away and most of the shipping times I see are based for dealers all around the country and are upwards of 2 weeks. Do they just load them on a truck and drive them around to dealers in Michigan and should my dealer receive it in a day or two from when it leaves the factory? Would this make my total time (order->delivery) on the lighter side, so maybe 6-7 weeks?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the trucks are delivered to dealerships within Michigan? My dealer is only about 2 hours away and most of the shipping times I see are based for dealers all around the country and are upwards of 2 weeks. Do they just load them on a truck and drive them around to dealers in Michigan and should my dealer receive it in a day or two from when it leaves the factory? Would this make my total time (order->delivery) on the lighter side, so maybe 6-7 weeks?

Yes. I'm 5 hours from the plant and it came via truck transport. It sat for a few days before it shipped.

AZOutdoors

Reaction score
Well I am getting a little closer. After checking every day for weeks, I finally moved to status "I".

AZOutdoors (Ram 1500 Limited CC - Granite)
Date ordered: 04/28/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 05/10/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 06/05/18 05:30:00 PM

Now I am trying to be patient for it to move to the next step. You can see that it moved to inspection on 6/5. Hopefully that will move along soon.

I ordered a Limited 4X4 in Granite Metalic
Body color bumper group
3.92 Rear, Limited slip
Level 1 Equipment group
33 gallon tank
Black inerior
Protection group

I did not get the RamBox or the E-Torque.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Well I am getting a little closer. After checking every day for weeks, I finally moved to status "I".

AZOutdoors (Ram 1500 Limited CC - Granite)
Date ordered: 04/28/2018
Current Status: I
D1 status date: 05/10/2018
Built pending inspection: 06/05/18 05:30:00 PM

Now I am trying to be patient for it to move to the next step. You can see that it moved to inspection on 6/5. Hopefully that will move along soon.

I ordered a Limited 4X4 in Granite Metalic
Body color bumper group
3.92 Rear, Limited slip
Level 1 Equipment group
33 gallon tank
Black inerior
Protection group

I did not get the RamBox or the E-Torque.

Nice! I ordered a fairly similar Limited to yours on the same day actually and entered KZ the other day. Today I got my window sticker and the truck even shows in transit on the dealers website. Now if they try to sell it to someone else there will be HELL TO PAY but I assume it appeared off an automated inventory system.

Hopefully your continues to move fast from here.

YardSale

Reaction score
This may be listed somewhere else but when does your VIN get into the system to the point where you can list it on your Mopar owners account? I'm guessing you can't until you actually receive the vehicle.

Maverick

Reaction score
Back in 2011 when I was waiting for a Big Horn to arrive at my local dealer I was able to track in on the train with the VIN. Can we still do that? I’m waiting for my 2019 Ram 1500 Sport. It’s built and ready to ship.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back in 2011 when I was waiting for a Big Horn to arrive at my local dealer I was able to track in on the train with the VIN. Can we still do that? I’m waiting for my 2019 Ram 1500 Sport. It’s built and ready to ship.

Yes, you can track it with a system called MOTS through http://jeepgarage.org/forums but you have to pay $25 to be a level 3 member to watch it. Also, you can track your truck on the Ram online chat but they will not give you detailed info on where the train is at etc they will just say its shipped.

Maverick

Reaction score
Yes, you can track it with a system called MOTS through http://jeepgarage.org/forums but you have to pay $25 to be a level 3 member to watch it. Also, you can track your truck on the Ram online chat but they will not give you detailed info on where the train is at etc they will just say its shipped.

You use to be able to do it on your own at the train company’s website. I guess that’s gone? No online chat in Canada and Customer Care says they have no information. It’s frustrating.

AZOutdoors

Reaction score
Anyone know what the average time in Inspection status (I)? I know there are many factors that can influence the time. Just curious how long people have seen that process take lately.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Anyone know what the average time in Inspection status (I)? I know there are many factors that can influence the time. Just curious how long people have seen that process take lately.

I haven’t seen many people mention there sitting in “I”. Mine went from being built to “J” same day. I assume yours is still just waiting for final inspection approval. Now if it goes from “I” to “JS” that would be a problem. Keep an eye on it and I’d imagine you would have an update by Monday but I believe they said the factory is working 2 10 hour shifts 7 days a week until Labor Day to catch up due to production woes.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You use to be able to do it on your own at the train company’s website. I guess that’s gone? No online chat in Canada and Customer Care says they have no information. It’s frustrating.

Yes the free VOTS is gone and no longer works

alow

Reaction score
How often do you guys check your order status? I was thinking about once a week or so.

UltraMadMax

Reaction score
I started once a week and noticed myself starting to call every day after the third week so I joined the Jeep forum and paid the $19.95 for the level 3 status and signed up for auto tracking. They track twice a day and let you know all the details including shipment. I am happy I signed up.

alow

Reaction score
How detailed is their info? Is it just the letter number code or is it information too?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's what they have for mine.

Firecadet613 (Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 - Red Pearl)
Date ordered: N/A
Current Status: KZ
D1 status date: 05/02/2018
Built pending inspection: 05/31/18 07:07:00 PM
Production Status KZ Received 06/01/18 12:47:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/01/18 12:54:00 AM STERLING HEIGHTS, MI PLANT
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/04/18 11:53:00 PM OFFSITE TOLEDO, OH
Gate Out 06/07/18 07:56:00 AM TOLEDO, OH VDC
Truck Pick-Up / Yard Exit 06/07/18 12:28:00 PM TOLEDO, OH VDC (on truck to dealer) http://jeepgarage.org/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but looking at the Jeep garage tracking sheet, but not a single truck ordered in may has progressed beyond the D1 stage, regardless of options

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine upgraded from a Limited on the lot nearby....couldn't handle the unknown anymore. I still have my order tracking on jeep garage just to see what I would have waited. Hope you guys dont have to wait much longer

Users who are viewing this thread