5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would not reorder and end up having to pay more freaking money. I feel like they are choosing to backburner these builds because they're losing out on profit after the price increases.

Stellantis claims my new build date is now 1/17. I put zero stock in that claim.

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
I think the chart that triple_B posted yesterday says it all. They are allocating the scarce parts (options) to the high-end units. BSM is standard on the Limited, so they’re not going to waste any of these parts on a “low end” Big Horn until 100% of the allocated Limited’s are built.

Attachments

• 0738A794-CA84-4AAE-BD74-6A4229E81FAF.png
    0738A794-CA84-4AAE-BD74-6A4229E81FAF.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

sactruck

Reaction score
I was just notified by my dealers salesman that my Longhorn Limited has an estimated build date of 12/27. I ordered the truck on 11/18. I wasn't expecting the truck to be built less than 6 weeks after placing the order. Hopefully a truck built on the Monday after Christmas is put together right.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
I think the chart that triple_B posted yesterday says it all. They are allocating the scarce parts (options) to the high-end units. BSM is standard on the Limited, so they’re not going to waste any of these parts on a “low end” Big Horn until 100% of the allocated Limited’s are built.
There’s my problem: 9700 other limiteds being built.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
There’s my problem: 9700 other limiteds being built.
I agree. Almost every week I see enough parts in the build sheets that triple_B posts that could build my truck in higher vins. The only thing I sometimes don't see are the tow mirrors. But you know, they are still just acquiring all the parts for mine, it is very frustrating.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. Almost every week I see enough parts in the build sheets that triple_B posts that could build my truck in higher vins. The only thing I sometimes don't see are the tow mirrors. But you know, they are still just acquiring all the parts for mine, it is very frustrating.
💯

I was talking to a coworker about this yesterday and we started pulling up some Window Stickers for Rams not as well equipped as mine obviously selling for ludicrous amounts. He told me what I keep thinking when I laid out how mine is 63K and possibly less depending on incentives and some price adjustments I think they need to make with duplicate features on packages. Anyway, what it all boils down to is that if any of my local dealerships had the truck I have on order it'd be sitting at $79K right now. It's really hard to wait, but it's going to be really, really hard for me to NOT sell this thing once it comes.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
💯

I was talking to a coworker about this yesterday and we started pulling up some Window Stickers for Rams not as well equipped as mine obviously selling for ludicrous amounts. He told me what I keep thinking when I laid out how mine is 63K and possibly less depending on incentives and some price adjustments I think they need to make with duplicate features on packages. Anyway, what it all boils down to is that if any of my local dealerships had the truck I have on order it'd be sitting at $79K right now. It's really hard to wait, but it's going to be really, really hard for me to NOT sell this thing once it comes.
That’s exactly my thought process as well. If I bail, I would be buying a loaded Big Horn or Laramie for $65k+. If I am patient, I will have a fully loaded Limited for $69k no incentives. This truck would easily pull $80k in my area. It has virtually every option and anything less than that now would cost much or less the same. The ONLY trucks that seem to have peaked are used 2020s, but it would still be around $55k.

I will wait.

truckless

Reaction score
That’s exactly my thought process as well. If I bail, I would be buying a loaded Big Horn or Laramie for $65k+. If I am patient, I will have a fully loaded Limited for $69k no incentives. This truck would easily pull $80k in my area. It has virtually every option and anything less than that now would cost much or less the same. The ONLY trucks that seem to have peaked are used 2020s, but it would still be around $55k.

I will wait.

I still can't believe I sold my 2019 3500 Limited Mega (with HO and AISIN) for more than I paid (including interest). Just made cents ;)

Fortunately, my wife and I were on the same page in regards to camping no longer being as fun as it used to be, more frustrating since you gotta book a site weeks or months in advance, pay to own, reserved to use (unless boondocking which is NOT my wifes cup of tea)....then you factor in the payments on a truck that is otherwise completely oversized for anything else we do, the payments on both, the insurance, the fuel, the site fees, the time commitment....and how it really itsn't anymore of a vacation than packing up and hitting a hotel (but we are not spending several thousand a year on hotel rooms I only use a fraction of the year either) so we put the trailer up too. Also sold it for more than we paid for it.

Both on Facebook Market place. Within 2 hours of posting, I had a $500 deposit in my account for the truck with the guy committing in writing to the asking price sight unseen. The next day it was gone. Which happened so fast because 2 days previous we were in the trailer contemplating this. Then I posted it, got a message and scramble to get the trailer packed up to get it home and emptied and back to our shop since if we were gonna sell it and have nothing to tow it with. It was so good to be true I didn't believe I wasn't about to get screwed until the guy and I went into the back together to get the draft.

Last edited:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
💯

I may order a F250 and keep the one I like, and sell the one I don't. My dad wants to buy my RAM order already :ROFLMAO:

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
Good afternoon, new to the forum. I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn, but just put in an order for a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition. I ordered through Craig at Koons in Tysons.

Craig just called me back yesterday and told me that the factory isn’t taking orders for builds with the 3.92, so looking like I’m going to be waiting a while since he couldn’t even put the order in. Craig seems like a great guy and told me that he’s reached out to his factory rep to see what he can do.

Has anyone else heard about this or know when they’re going to start taking orders? Below is my build..

2022 Ram 1500 Laramie
Night Edition
Laramie level 2 package
Off road group
33 gal tank
Black Tow mirrors
Panoramic sunroof
12” infotainment system

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon, new to the forum. I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn, but just put in an order for a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition. I ordered through Craig at Koons in Tysons.

Craig just called me back yesterday and told me that the factory isn’t taking orders for builds with the 3.92, so looking like I’m going to be waiting a while since he couldn’t even put the order in. Craig seems like a great guy and told me that he’s reached out to his factory rep to see what he can do.

Has anyone else heard about this or know when they’re going to start taking orders? Below is my build..

2022 Ram 1500 Laramie
Night Edition
Laramie level 2 package
Off road group
33 gal tank
Black Tow mirrors
Panoramic sunroof
12” infotainment system
giphy.gif

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea am I missing something here? Saw this was a dedicated order thread and I have a question about an order I put in.
This is the right place. But I'm flabbergasted to hear something like, "the factory isn't taking orders for builds with the 3.92". This is the first I've heard of it, and I'm having a REAL hard time believing that there's any truth to it.

If you exclude the TRX (which has a fixed 3.55 rear end), the 3.92 rear axle is put in over 50% of the 1500 DT's that they produce.

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
This is the right place. But I'm flabbergasted to hear something like, "the factory isn't taking orders for builds with the 3.92". This is the first I've heard of it, and I'm having a REAL hard time believing that there's any truth to it.

If you exclude the TRX (which has a fixed 3.55 rear end), the 3.92 rear axle is put in over 50% of the 1500 DT's that they produce.
Yea I was pretty blown away also. It is a pretty important feature for me since I tow a trailer. Here is the most recent response I received.

Just giving you a heads up, I am waiting to hear from my Rep regarding the 3.92. He stated that it is currently on constraint across all of the trim levels. He is trying to find out when it will be available again for Sold Orders. Once I know, I will let you know.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I was pretty blown away also. It is a pretty important feature for me since I tow a trailer. Here is the most recent response I received.

Just giving you a heads up, I am waiting to hear from my Rep regarding the 3.92. He stated that it is currently on constraint across all of the trim levels. He is trying to find out when it will be available again for Sold Orders. Once I know, I will let you know.
Ok, I'll be curious to hear what they say. I just analyzed all 87,602 build sheets so far for the 2022 model year, and here's how it shakes out. I see nothing that alludes to a shortage on 3.92 rear axles so far.

1639167770455.png

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
Okay thanks. I’ll let you know what I hear. Attached is a copy of the build sheet. Do you see anything else or here that may be causing this issue? Maybe the e locker?

Attachments

• 1A3F565C-466B-4833-999E-3CBD6C183AFD.png
    1A3F565C-466B-4833-999E-3CBD6C183AFD.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 21

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Okay thanks. I’ll let you know what I hear. Attached is a copy of the build sheet. Do you see anything else or here that may be causing this issue? Maybe the e locker?
There's really no telling what would hold up an order. There's probably not a part on your truck that someone hasn't blamed for being the reason for a late build. It's a bit comical, to be honest. It's one thing for forum members to randomly discuss this kind of stuff, but I keep hearing of dealers saying the same things.
I've seen certain packages go on restriction one day, then be available the next day. And it also appears that some dealers are seeing a restriction at the same time that other dealers can order a package.

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
There's really no telling what would hold up an order. There's probably not a part on your truck that someone hasn't blamed for being the reason for a late build. It's a bit comical, to be honest. It's one thing for forum members to randomly discuss this kind of stuff, but I keep hearing of dealers saying the same things.
I've seen certain packages go on restriction one day, then be available the next day. And it also appears that some dealers are seeing a restriction at the same time that other dealers can order a package.
Oh okay, got you. So I should tell them to keep trying. I was close to just asking for the deposit back and waiting, but I really like the look of that all blacked out model… My 2018 only has 29k miles on it and have a ton of equity which is what is driving the change, but was not a necessity.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

2022 Ram 1500 Laramie
Night Edition
Laramie level 2 package
Off road group
33 gal tank
Black Tow mirrors
Panoramic sunroof
12” infotainment system
wow!!

wonder when this happened

lots of trucks are showing up with the 3.92

just keep asking