5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

MagicA4

Reaction score
RamChat finally started saying that the parts are in and it is scheduled to be built “very soon” rather than that the parts are still being allocated. Not really gonna take anything from that as everyone is saying parts are in but aren’t getting anywhere. Also talked to my dealer on the phone who said it’s been in D1 for weeks but he doesn’t know when it’s actually scheduled to be built and has no way of finding out apparently.
D1 has a build date - D doesn't.

BizWiz

Reaction score
A few years ago I was talking to a vehicle manufacturer about a fleet order of 10 vehicles that was delayed. We knew each other really well so he admitted to me that they didn't have steering wheels in stock and the supplier was in Italy and they had the entire plant shut down waiting on steering wheels.

The trucks were getting built and delivered in 6 weeks back in Oct/Nov/Dec so it wouldn't surprise me if most of us who are waiting have a similar feature like air suspension, MFT, rambox, etc. that was holding things up.

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Ordered 1/8
Just received my e-mail with estimated arrival date of arrival of 2/22
Another email from FCA. Apologizing for the previously sent incorrect information. New date to expect the truck at the dealer is 3/6.

“Hope springs eternal in the human breast: Man never is, but always to be blest."
Alexander Pope

RJS19

Reaction score
Another email from FCA. Apologizing for the previously sent incorrect information. New date to expect the truck at the dealer is 3/6.

“Hope springs eternal in the human breast: Man never is, but always to be blest."
Alexander Pope
Hi, RAMTrkGN, what State are you in, if you don't mind saying? My order date was 1/6 and got the email with delivery of 3/23. I am in NJ. Trying to figure out how much of that time they are accounting for shipping. Thanks!

Reaction score
A few years ago I was talking to a vehicle manufacturer about a fleet order of 10 vehicles that was delayed. We knew each other really well so he admitted to me that they didn't have steering wheels in stock and the supplier was in Italy and they had the entire plant shut down waiting on steering wheels.

The trucks were getting built and delivered in 6 weeks back in Oct/Nov/Dec so it wouldn't surprise me if most of us who are waiting have a similar feature like air suspension, MFT, rambox, etc. that was holding things up.
MFT and Rambox here. I think you are right.

redneck

Reaction score
Hi, RAMTrkGN, what State are you in, if you don't mind saying? My order date was 1/6 and got the email with delivery of 3/23. I am in NJ. Trying to figure out how much of that time they are accounting for shipping. Thanks!
my order date was 1-13 the dealer tells me they expect the truck to them 3-23 in south florida at this point i dont trust anything i hear

redneck

Reaction score
RamChat finally started saying that the parts are in and it is scheduled to be built “very soon” rather than that the parts are still being allocated. Not really gonna take anything from that as everyone is saying parts are in but aren’t getting anywhere. Also talked to my dealer on the phone who said it’s been in D1 for weeks but he doesn’t know when it’s actually scheduled to be built and has no way of finding out apparently.
sorry to say they told me the same VERY SOON 2 weeks ago & still nothing as of 2-25

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my order date was 1-13 the dealer tells me they expect the truck to them 3-23 in south florida at this point i dont trust anything i hear

My dealer told me it was to be released from the factory on 3/1. Still in D1

redneck

Reaction score
lets hope i ordered mine a week before yours & they tell me 3 week of march. i still wont believe it till its in fl

KCViper

Reaction score
Lol .. I give them the Porsche example literally every single time I call. I had no problem waiting for my 992 ... but c'mon ... this is a freaking truck!!!
Hey @MagicA4, fellow 992 owner here too!! Really amazes me that Ram is so far behind when the technology exists to track throughout the build process, including shipping! Absolutely love my 992 and hope you do too!?

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
I'm in GA. 10th Anniversary with Rambox.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NJT3

Reaction score
Hold onto your bridges boys get ready for 3 to 4 month delivery timeless!

If you been following my order paint issues including over sprayed bed liner on paint body... That saga has come to an end.. Body shop fixed most of the issues say it last night but wasn't washed fully since hadn't gotten there because of a thing called work... Anyhow they just had one last thing.. Replace one of the taillights cause would have been too difficult get the spray of... Wanted to see it in daylight to make final decision... So saw it today and would you know what the guy didn't replace the tail light.. how do I know cause I saw the bed liner flakes so on it... Same for tailgate...I tell the manager and sales guy.. The get secretive manager out... Trying to convince me it's nothing and they can still order new headlight.... Service is like point out all the specs... I'm like not eating more of my time either order me new vehicle or give deposit back... Got deposit back.... But no sorries nothing....

Anyway I went right after to Ram dealer around the corner from house to get a quote on new order... He earned me because of the microchip shortage andb other delays expect an order to be 3-4 months now.

Good luck all!

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hold onto your bridges boys get ready for 3 to 4 month delivery timeless!

If you been following my order paint issues including over sprayed bed liner on paint body... That saga has come to an end.. Body shop fixed most of the issues say it last night but wasn't washed fully since hadn't gotten there because of a thing called work... Anyhow they just had one last thing.. Replace one of the taillights cause would have been too difficult get the spray of... Wanted to see it in daylight to make final decision... So saw it today and would you know what the guy didn't replace the tail light.. how do I know cause I saw the bed liner flakes so on it... Same for tailgate...I tell the manager and sales guy.. The get secretive manager out... Trying to convince me it's nothing and they can still order new headlight.... Service is like point out all the specs... I'm like not eating more of my time either order me new vehicle or give deposit back... Got deposit back.... But no sorries nothing....

Anyway I went right after to Ram dealer around the corner from house to get a quote on new order... He earned me because of the microchip shortage andb other delays expect an order to be 3-4 months now.

Good luck all!
dang man that sounds tough... sorry to hear that. I've been told I ordered early enough (1/9/2021) that the microchip shortage won't affect my build. who knows if that's true though.

redneck

Reaction score
dang man that sounds tough... sorry to hear that. I've been told I ordered early enough (1/9/2021) that the microchip shortage won't affect my build. who knows if that's true though.
yeah i got the same story that all the parts were accounted for on my build no shortage problems with my truck. although im wondering if they used my parts on someones build now as i have been in the sequenced to build stage for 24 days now

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
Sign up here... https://www.ramtrucks.com/sufu.html. I think it may be all luck after that, but try using multiple email addresses/browsers and browse the site often without clearing browser history/cookies. How frequently their systems see you on the site likely has a lot to do with sending a promo.

Ordered 1/6/21, 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel 4x4– Two tone granite/black <> Hemi-eTorque <> e-shift on demand <> Level 2 <> Night Edition <> C&C <> Bed Liner <> Wheel House Liners <> Blind Spot.
Just did so. Thanks!

Jimmymc

Reaction score
So got word from the dealer today. Due to the chip shortage no timeline for the build. Mines a Sport (Canada only trim) so assuming the chips are not getting allocated to these. As it stands now I’m going to remove that option and hopefully move forward from there. Ordered November 23rd and probably another 2 months I would think before I see it which would bring me close to 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread