5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Borsig

Reaction score
So we cannot order a truck with blond spot, etc then? I want one with safety and blind spot. WIll not accept other wise

RJS19

Reaction score
As of a few minutes ago... (yesterday dealer said he saw estimate on ship date of 2/27)

CHAT: Vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided.

Ordered 1/6/21, 2021 RAM 1500 Rebel 4x4– Two tone granite/black <> Hemi-eTorque <> e-shift on demand <> Level 2 <> Night Edition <> C&C <> Bed Liner <> Wheel House Liners <> Blind Spot.

RJS19

Reaction score
So we cannot order a truck with blond spot, etc then? I want one with safety and blind spot. WIll not accept other wise
Spoke to my dealer yesterday, said he can't place "for stock" orders with RAM boxes, blind spot (and one other thing I can't recall). He said he can order those options for "sold" orders but expected to take longer than usual.

BooShaker

Reaction score
Got a dealer ETA of 03/04/2021 - 03/18/2021 from chat today. Ordered 1/20. I did order the blind spot etc. Remaining cautiously optimistic.

DanoUF

Reaction score
I finally picked my truck up today. 13 weeks from order to delivery. I went w/ Craig Benner at Koons here in the DC area. The process was relatively painless. You do have to finance w/ them or you lose $1000, which caused a bit of a slow down this morning, but it was my fault. I thought I had removed the freeze from my credit, but I was incorrect so that added an extra half hour waiting for one of the bureaus to propogate the freeze removal through the system. 20210226_164419.jpg

RJS19

Reaction score
I finally picked my truck up today. 13 weeks from order to delivery. I went w/ Craig Benner at Koons here in the DC area. The process was relatively painless. You do have to finance w/ them or you lose $1000, which caused a bit of a slow down this morning, but it was my fault. I thought I had removed the freeze from my credit, but I was incorrect so that added an extra half hour waiting for one of the bureaus to propogate the freeze removal through the system. View attachment 84038
Looks Great, I am waiting on a similar Rebel -granite (two-tone). Congrats and enjoy!

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Update. Placed order on 1/6. VIN 1/8. First email from FCA promising the truck the week on 2/22. Second e-mail promising the week of 3/6. Just spoke with GCA chat. The truck is still in pre-production with no production scheduled. So, it's quite unlikely that I will have the tuck in a week.

I might go take a look at a '22 Ford.

RJS19

Reaction score
Update. Placed order on 1/6. VIN 1/8. First email from FCA promising the truck the week on 2/22. Second e-mail promising the week of 3/6. Just spoke with GCA chat. The truck is still in pre-production with no production scheduled. So, it's quite unlikely that I will have the tuck in a week.

I might go take a look at a '22 Ford.
It has to be certain parts/options. My order was also placed 1/6 and I got the build sheet and /confirmation from Chat that it was built today.

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
It has to be certain parts/options. My order was also placed 1/6 and I got the build sheet and /confirmation from Chat that it was built today.
I ordered Rambox, MF tailgate, and all of the technology options.

RJS19

Reaction score
I ordered Rambox, MF tailgate, and all of the technology options.
Makes sense it may be the Ramboxes causing the delay... Dealer mentioned yesterday they can't order them for stock. Good news is they can order for sold orders so they must be getting them, just slowly I guess. Hope they get to yours soon

Borsig

Reaction score
I finally picked my truck up today. 13 weeks from order to delivery. I went w/ Craig Benner at Koons here in the DC area. The process was relatively painless. You do have to finance w/ them or you lose $1000, which caused a bit of a slow down this morning, but it was my fault. I thought I had removed the freeze from my credit, but I was incorrect so that added an extra half hour waiting for one of the bureaus to propogate the freeze removal through the system. View attachment 84038
Can you tell me what your deal was? I am about to contatct them, criswell, and Mark Dodge. I live in Va. I hear Koons' doc fee is excessive.

21bighorn

Reaction score
I’m just gonna try and be patient. Ordering rt before holiday shutdown was probably the mistake. Disappointing at best. Sigh....

DanoUF

Reaction score
Can you tell me what your deal was? I am about to contatct them, criswell, and Mark Dodge. I live in Va. I hear Koons' doc fee is excessive
MSRP was $74470,
invoice was $69632.
The discount was 6.5% below invoice (tread lightly and the $1000 for using Chrysler Capitol) which came out to $65105.
I got $4000 in rebates which brought the price down to $61105 (I had $1000 bonus cash code, $1500 rebate $500 CC, $500 Military, and $500 Presidents day cash.)
Koons dealer fee is high at $899
So I ended up at a little over $62000 before TTL

I tried to contact Criswell, but never heard back from them.
I'm sure I could have gotten a slightly better deal through Mark Dodge, but I live within spitting distance of Koons, so I saved on airfare, gas and the mileage I would put on the truck just getting back so I think it all came out about even.

Moose2020

Reaction score
Hope you get it on time! I ordered loaded rebel night edition in Toronto Feb 2, 2021 and was told 16 weeks delivery (May 24th). I’m now hearing through other Canadian dealerships and friends trying to order Trucks that, with the chip issue, getting power trailer mirrors, blind spot and advance safety group, delivery date extremely is uncertain. Customers ordering now can’t even have those features as options. One friend removed those options and was assured earlier delivery. I’m not willing to sacrifice the features I want so have to play the waiting game!

Is there anyone here from Canada and hearing anything similar?
I am hearing the same here.

BizWiz

Reaction score
I went w/ Craig Benner at Koons here in the DC area.
I live 20 minutes from that dealership. I spoke to Craig a few times. He was a great guy to deal with and opened my eyes to how much a RAM could be discounted but I ended up ordering from a different dealership because of a closer relationship which I wanted to be able to fall back on if needed.

Our trucks are going to be nearly twins

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
almost my twin! mine is NON night and NON air suspension... or mine WILL be once it's built.

L2R512

Reaction score
After reading posts here and checking dealer lots for about two years, I finally placed a factory order for a 21 Big Horn! And then I noticed that article about the chip shortage.

Guess a few months of waiting for the build I really want isn’t that bad…🤦‍♂️

Ordered: 2/12
POC/VIN: 2/15

redneck

Reaction score
I was told by the dealer on 2/16 that my vehicle would be leaving on 3/1..As of yesterday it is still waiting to be built.
yeah i wouldnt trust that time frame i ordered on 1-13-21 & dealer said they would have the truck on 3-20 but how can they come up with this date when it is still waiting to be built

traveller09

Reaction score
Nice! If I dont go Laramie, minus the air that is almost exactly the truck I am going to order!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread