5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Triman11427

Reaction score
The article said the chip makers were focusing on the higher margin buyers and the auto industry cut back on their orders during the early months of the pandemic. It also said there’s a 3 month lag between ordering chips and fulfillment, so the shortage will be around for a bit. No reference to RAM or other auto manufactures.

Yangster

Reaction score
I have not been able to get the Pop Up Bonus Cash and have tried 3 different browsers. Does anyone know if FCA has discontinued the Pop Up Bonus Cash?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out this article on Autoweek on why wait times may be longer.
Yeah supposedly that doesn’t affect the Sterling Heights Plant, and still doesn’t explain why some people still don’t have their truck after 3-5 months and someone like me who ordered in November has it built right in the middle of the chip shortage. Who knows?

Ktomz

Reaction score
Update: ordered on 9/16 (Laramie V8 Crew cab, 4x4), built 12/17, shipped 12/18, offloaded on 12/27, since then it’s been sitting in a lot a days drive away with an estimated delivery window of 1/25-2/8, about 5 months. I asked the dealer to look into why it’s taking so long and contacted Ram Cares here and it arrived today at the dealer (to be picked up in the next few days). 18 weeks from ordering. Not sure if some pressure expedited it a few days or not. It’s still 4.5 months in the end.

I got frustrated enough that I looked into a competitor’s truck a few days ago and asked how long to build a custom order and they said 10-14 weeks and add another month+ if you get power running boards. Seems like there are some issues with supply lines probably affecting several parts and all auto makers. Just not sure why it’s so inconsistently affecting buyers (I guess luck that the parts for your particular build at the time you order are in or not). It does seem like I’m a bit of an outlier though on the long end. Good luck everyone.

mwbrogan

Reaction score
Yeah I ordered mine on the 23rd of Nov, similar timeline all around for yours. I have the Pop-Up Cash saved, but what exactly is the Tread Lightly stuff.

FCA is a sponsor of Tread Lightly. If you become a member of Tread Lightly for $100 or more donation, you are eligible to generate an FCA Affiiliates control number. With that, you are eligible for FFP pricing, which is 1% below invoice (not quite as good as Employee pricing). Note that your membership must be active for more than 30 days to take advantage of the discount. There seems to be more awareness of this amongst Jeep buyers, but even applies to Fiat.

Tread Lightly
FCA Affiliates Website

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA is a sponsor of Tread Lightly. If you become a member of Tread Lightly for $100 or more donation, you are eligible to generate an FCA Affiiliates control number. With that, you are eligible for FFP pricing, which is 1% below invoice (not quite as good as Employee pricing). Note that your membership must be active for more than 30 days to take advantage of the discount. There seems to be more awareness of this amongst Jeep buyers, but even applies to Fiat.

Tread Lightly
FCA Affiliates Website
Thank you!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: ordered on 9/16 (Laramie V8 Crew cab, 4x4), built 12/17, shipped 12/18, offloaded on 12/27, since then it’s been sitting in a lot a days drive away with an estimated delivery window of 1/25-2/8, about 5 months. I asked the dealer to look into why it’s taking so long and contacted Ram Cares here and it arrived today at the dealer (to be picked up in the next few days). 18 weeks from ordering. Not sure if some pressure expedited it a few days or not. It’s still 4.5 months in the end.

I got frustrated enough that I looked into a competitor’s truck a few days ago and asked how long to build a custom order and they said 10-14 weeks and add another month+ if you get power running boards. Seems like there are some issues with supply lines probably affecting several parts and all auto makers. Just not sure why it’s so inconsistently affecting buyers (I guess luck that the parts for your particular build at the time you order are in or not). It does seem like I’m a bit of an outlier though on the long end. Good luck everyone.
Yeah I’ve never seen someone wait that long as you. Most people are 8-10 weeks for Ram 1500’s. It ranges anywhere from 3-12 weeks tho. I would be so mad if it took that long, and be asking a lot of questions, specifically from your dealer. Make sure you get it as soon as possible and tell them you’re tired of waiting, that’s ridiculous dude. I know of people that ordered in December and are driving their trucks now. Good luck to you, hope you enjoy your truck soon.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pop-up went away 31 Dec and hasn't come back yet.
Yeah I got 3 pop ups, one that expired, one that ends the 1st of February, and one that expires the 22nd of February. I’ll probably use the last if all goes well at my dealer when my truck comes in. If they’re still using them, try resetting your cookies in your browser and reloading the page on the website and see if you get one.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
Hmmm, salesperson told me my truck was shipping from factory on 1/21, no arrival estimate. RamChat/RamCares gave me a 2 week ETA to dealer (1/18-2/1) no other status info.
Why such a huge difference? Who has most accurate info?

Triman11427

Reaction score
My conversation with the dealer is they are most accurate after the truck has been shipped. During shipping the dealer has better tracking insight then FCA. I got the same window as you from FCA.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 1/9/21
VON/VIN 1/11/21

and now we wait....

I've been chatting with Ram Cares every weekday. still in scheduling phase/parts being collected

Yangster

Reaction score
Limited Longhorn

Date ordered: 1/16
Have VON & VIN - Not sure on date it was issued

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a website link to look up the Order Status?
yeah go here:

click chat. you'll need your VON which the dealer can provide when they order the truck (Vehicle Order Number). then give the chat person your VIN (dealer can provide within a few days of ordering your truck) then they will give you an update. I check daily but my they are still in the gathering parts phase.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread