5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Er97ic

Reaction score
Mine is pretty loaded, so I'm sure it'll take longer than most
One dealer I was talking to warned me any orders with the trailer camera wiring we’re taking three times as long. Apparently they can’t source the parts.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Is this something that you needed to sign up for to get updates from them?
Not that I’m aware of. The general sales manager of the dealership was copied on it, whom I have never had contact with. Maybe something new they are doing?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that I’m aware of. The general sales manager of the dealership was copied on it, whom I have never had contact with. Maybe something new they are doing?

So how did FCA get your email address and stuff to email you is my question? I doubt the dealer sent it to them to keep you updated.

DanoUF

Reaction score
So how did FCA get your email address and stuff to email you is my question? I doubt the dealer sent it to them to keep you updated.
The dealer must send it to them, as that is one of the things RamChat asks for to verify you are the person who ordered the VIN your asking them about.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
The dealer must send it to them, as that is one of the things RamChat asks for to verify you are the person who ordered the VIN your asking them about.
This or Ram chat connected the dots? They always ask for my email address among other things, with my email being the only thing not in the POC.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
one of the prompts from ram chat is "tell me your email so we can give you an update" i'm assuming this is how people are getting contacted. i keep refreshing my inbox now! haha

mwbrogan

Reaction score
Went to the dealer to work the financing today, as they expect to receive my truck this week. I got twice the incentives I expected, including combining the December pop-up bonus cash with the Tread Lightly FFP. It was a relatively painless experience; custom order certainly has beat trying to find what I want on dealer lots.

Granted, I still need to take delivery, and the vehicle has to turn out right, but the build sheet and window sticker look correct.

As a recap, I placed order on 11/21/20, received VON that day and VIN about a week later. Things were a bit slow over the holidays, stuck in a status of "all parts received, ready to schedule build" for 3 weeks or so, then suddenly built and ready to ship. Assuming I take delivery this week, it'll be 8 weeks, when projection was 8-12. Dealer information has been good.
Dealer sent photos...picking up tomorrow.
IMG_6949.jpeg
IMG_6950.jpeg

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"The only email that would be sent out is a delivery date if your vehicles shipping ends up taking longer and not all orders would receive that email." - What I was just told from Ram Chat Customer Care...

enigmaaron

Reaction score
What’s interesting is I have two orders currently in progress. The first from a dealer I realized wasn’t being straight with me. That one today Ram chat told me was in the shipping stage with a dealer eta of 1/19-2/2. No email from Ram on that one.

The second is the one I received the email from Ram this evening saying a dealer eta of the week of 2/7. That one as of yesterday was still in the scheduling phase according to Ram chat.

Donmacky

Reaction score
Anyone get an email from [email protected] with an estimated delivery date? Just got one today.

12/21 - Ordered with VON that day
12/28 - VIN
1/14 - dealer said still in D status
1/20 - Ram cares said the parts are still being scheduled
1/21 - email from Ram saying my truck is estimated to arrive at the dealer the week of 2/7
I got the same email today with an estimated delivery date the week of 2/4. My truck was built last Friday and on a rail car this past Monday.

MacFly

Reaction score
One dealer I was talking to warned me any orders with the trailer camera wiring we’re taking three times as long. Apparently they can’t source the parts.
Balls. I know you can't add anything to an order, but I wonder if I can get them to just give up and build the thing if I'm just waiting on one part that I don't really need. Gonna talk to the dealership tomorrow. They STILL haven't actually sent me a copy of my paperwork, just a photo of the order sheet with VON and VIN, even though I asked for it 3 times in December. Beware if you're dealing with Larry H. Miller in Boise.

NCShooter

Reaction score
Ordered 12/15, got email overnight that estimated delivery is week of 1/30
How does that work with truck not built yet?
I’m in NC
2021 Laramie with a bunch of options

Users who are viewing this thread