5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

RamDiesel2021

Reaction score
Congrats! Seems like a long time to be delivered. Any idea what took so long. Mine has been in shipping status for several days now but no delivery ETA yet.
I ordered my 2021 2500 crew cab 8 ft bed 6.7l turbo diesel on 10/09 and haven’t gotten it yet.. been in shipping for a month..

RamDiesel2021

Reaction score
Ordered my 2021 Ram 2500 Diesel 8ft bed crew cab on 10/09. The truck has been in the shipping state for a month now. Dealership told me today the truck was unloaded on the 8th but no further info.... unloaded... unloaded where???

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my 2021 2500 crew cab 8 ft bed 6.7l turbo diesel on 10/09 and haven’t gotten it yet.. been in shipping for a month..
Yeah you should contact your dealer or call Ram Cares, 866-932-3878. That’s the number for Texas but it doesn’t matter. They’ll look into and most likely create a case to figure out what the deal is. Hope ya get it soon.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is everyone getting this information? My dealer just told me this:

"Yes the order was placed last week. I do not have a build date at this point. There's no tracking info for the customer, unfortunately....feel free to reach out whenever and I'll update you once I have a build date. Typically it is an 8 week turnaround but w Covid things can change if plants shutdown for a few days, etc."

If I can get the VIN can I search it somewhere else, or do I have to just bug the dealer constantly. I also saw in the first few posts someone mentioned chatting with Ram online for updates?

anyways, I am SO excited!

Lrpilot

Reaction score
How is everyone getting this information? My dealer just told me this:

"Yes the order was placed last week. I do not have a build date at this point. There's no tracking info for the customer, unfortunately....feel free to reach out whenever and I'll update you once I have a build date. Typically it is an 8 week turnaround but w Covid things can change if plants shutdown for a few days, etc."

If I can get the VIN can I search it somewhere else, or do I have to just bug the dealer constantly. I also saw in the first few posts someone mentioned chatting with Ram online for updates?

anyways, I am SO excited!
You need to get the Vehicle Order Number (VON) or the VIN. With either of those, you can chat with RAM Cares and get updates. I never bothered the dealer with updates until it shipped because then the dealer seems to have more info at that point. Prior to shipping though, you want to use RAM Chat. So, tell your dealer you want the VON and the VIN. If he placed the order, he should have both. My dealer had the VON immediately and the VIN about 24-48 hours later.

RamDiesel2021

Reaction score
Yeah you should contact your dealer or call Ram Cares, 866-932-3878. That’s the number for Texas but it doesn’t matter. They’ll look into and most likely create a case to figure out what the deal is. Hope ya get it soon.
I have. They have “expedited” the case but I still haven’t heard from customer service. I’m not really happy. Makes me think something happened to my truck

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to get the Vehicle Order Number (VON) or the VIN. With either of those, you can chat with RAM Cares and get updates. I never bothered the dealer with updates until it shipped because then the dealer seems to have more info at that point. Prior to shipping though, you want to use RAM Chat. So, tell your dealer you want the VON and the VIN. If he placed the order, he should have both. My dealer had the VON immediately and the VIN about 24-48 hours later.
chat with Ram Cares on the forum or is it on the ram website somewhere?

MacFly

Reaction score
I have. They have “expedited” the case but I still haven’t heard from customer service. I’m not really happy. Makes me think something happened to my truck
I would think the same thing. Hope they get you sorted quickly and that everything's alright

Triman11427

Reaction score
Ordered 11/27 and ETA to dealer is between 1/18-2/1. At least I know it’s moving in the direction of my house.

mwbrogan

Reaction score
Yeah I'm expecting they make it next week. Btw sick build, Bench Seat with a 12in is really Unique and Cool.
Dealer says they plan to pick it up late next week. Hoping that means I can take delivery on 23 January.

For newer folks, my experience is lining up to say that the dealership has a better sense of where things stand than Ram Chat do. They had given me an 8-12 week window, a bit of extra due to the holidays. If it comes together, it'll be 8 weeks. I was somewhat hesitant to pester the dealer as often I was Ram Chat, though.

Ktomz

Reaction score
Ordered 9/16 (Ram 1500, Laramie Crew Cab, V8 4x4)
Estimated delivery 1/25-2/8; this has been pushed furhter at least once.
Almost 5 months... I'm not sure what accounts for such varying times to delivery (congrats on those of you getting your trucks in 8-12 weeks) and why I'm getting the runaround here.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Ordered 9/16 (Ram 1500, Laramie Crew Cab, V8 4x4)
Estimated delivery 1/25-2/8; this has been pushed furhter at least once.
Almost 5 months... I'm not sure what accounts for such varying times to delivery (congrats on those of you getting your trucks in 8-12 weeks) and why I'm getting the runaround here.
Wow! I can’t believe it’s taking that long. Makes no sense to me on how this happens. I ordered 12/2 and supposedly my truck is arriving at the local train depot this weekend. I guess we shall see if it actually happens.

Donmacky

Reaction score
I order my new Ram 1500 Laramie on December 4th. I got some encouraging news from Ram chat this morning. Yesterday my truck was still waiting to be built. Today I checked and it is being built, currently in paint.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Anyone google their VIN and have it show up at another dealer? I googled mine that is far enough along it has a window sticker and oddly enough the only result was at my local dealer (not where I ordered it).

MacFly

Reaction score
Ordered exactly one month ago, 12/14/20. As of 01/14/21 parts haven't even shown up yet, they're "still on order". This thing better get here before I have to leave for work for the summer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread