5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

enemjay

Reaction score
Make sure you use all capital letters, when typing in your VIN number. I tried the first time with lowercase and nothing came up oh, so I tried a second time using uppercase and the build sheet came right up.

I tired it with all uppercase, no luck. I'll keep waiting!!

JackBurton63

Reaction score
A question for the group. How much information are you getting or got from the dealership when your truck is in transit? Mine is stonewalling me with "It might be here tomorrow or early April". Seems like they should know an ETA but they claim that they don't. Has this been your experience?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer says they will only know when it arrives in the rail yard in New Jersey after it's train transit from Michigan. Ram Chat says that once it hits KZ, they have no more status updates/info except for the final one when it arrives at the dealer. They said to contact the dealer for the ETA. My dealer told me hey have no info and will only know when it gets to the yard in NJ, and then is put on a truck and shipped to them. Unfortunately, this could mean it sits in KZ storage waiting to be put on a trail anywhere form a day to a month. I have seen both, and we have no way of telling. Right now, I'm feeling lost as I was able to track it through the build and from order to built took only 3 weeks, and now, I'm just lost wondering. haha. I even asked Ram Chat, under the disguise of needing to know to have my insurance and loan financing completed in time, if there was a transit scheduling dept. we could ask but they said no, there is not dept. to check with. Anyone know of any way we can find out. Anyone in the Northeast - how long from KZ until it arrived at your dealer? Come on Ram Truck Month - ship all those Truck Month Trucks out!!

Trfnj74

Reaction score
My dealer says they will only know when it arrives in the rail yard in New Jersey after it's train transit from Michigan. Ram Chat says that once it hits KZ, they have no more status updates/info except for the final one when it arrives at the dealer. They said to contact the dealer for the ETA. My dealer told me hey have no info and will only know when it gets to the yard in NJ, and then is put on a truck and shipped to them. Unfortunately, this could mean it sits in KZ storage waiting to be put on a trail anywhere form a day to a month. I have seen both, and we have no way of telling. Right now, I'm feeling lost as I was able to track it through the build and from order to built took only 3 weeks, and now, I'm just lost wondering. haha. I even asked Ram Chat, under the disguise of needing to know to have my insurance and loan financing completed in time, if there was a transit scheduling dept. we could ask but they said no, there is not dept. to check with. Anyone know of any way we can find out. Anyone in the Northeast - how long from KZ until it arrived at your dealer? Come on Ram Truck Month - ship all those Truck Month Trucks out!!

Your dealership and Ram Chat are full of S**T... My dealership was able to see the whole process. Yes Ram Chat will only tell you KZ but if you call then instead they can give you more info. You may have to call a few times as all the agents you get may not give you the info you are looking for. I was lucky I kept getting agents that will tell me where it was in all the stages (state, rail yard etc) of its delivery.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
I had some help from someone who has access to dealer info. I was able to find out the exact time my truck left Detroit. And the exact time it was delivered to the dealer. Mine came by truck. I can’t imagine the dealer doesnt know the carrier truck is coming in advance.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had some help from someone who has access to dealer info. I was able to find out the exact time my truck left Detroit. And the exact time it was delivered to the dealer. Mine came by truck. I can’t imagine the dealer doesnt know the carrier truck is coming in advance.

That was a useful friend! How was your first 24 hours with it? Did it come in perfect, or are there any issues?

Keemosabe

Reaction score
So far ZERO punch list items. Loving it! I installed the Revolver Tonneau today. A few issues there. I’ll document better in the RamBox Tonneau thread. Overall a nice cover though.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Well.... Got another update through Ram Telephone that my truck now has a 3rd ETA due to a snow storm in MI.

If you want detailed information you will certainly need to call in several time and hope to get a rep that leaks the information. I was told by 4 reps that they ARE NOT allowed to give that information out. Seems pretty crappy to me as long as you can verify all your order info etc, they should release the info no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitcom

Reaction score
Well.... Got another update through Ram Telephone that my truck now has a 3rd ETA due to a snow storm in MI.

If you want detailed information you will certainly need to call in several time and hope to get a rep that leaks the information. I was told by 4 reps that they ARE NOT allowed to give that information out. Seems pretty crappy to me as long as you can verify all your order info etc, they should release the info no problem.

Yeah, my dealer said "once it goes KZ, they dont know where it is until it shows up". I have ordered GM vehicles before, and they always knew where it was

pjschwartz

Reaction score
My truck became KZ on 3/4 and after that my dealer said ETA was 3/14. Well yesterday my dealer said it was on a rail car somewhere and it will get here when it gets here. Come on!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's all a big lie on your dealers part. My dealer originally said they would not know the status until it reaches the rail yard in NJ and then they get a delivery date. But the next day, before I even pushed for the info, he sent me this. It is an FCA site where the dealers can log in and find all the shipping status. As you can see in the red box in the screenshot, it clearly shows when the vehicle rail trail will arrive at the vehicle rail offload site in NJ (March 24). Then it gets put on a carrier truck and shipped to the dealer. I am sure they will know that prior to that day. So ask you dealer to specifically go on this site. I also marked the other status points where it left the assembly line and went to other departments, which match what Ram Chat was showing me.

Attachments

• Screenshot FCA delivery status.png
    Screenshot FCA delivery status.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 51

Pitcom

Reaction score
I called Ram CS today and they told me its currently on a train which last had tracking of New Boston, Michigan a few days ago. They told me it is scheduled to be picked up from the Twin Oaks, Pa site on 3/21. Thats pretty great, only ordered on 2/22. So the process has been pretty fast.

pjschwartz

Reaction score
That's all a big lie on your dealers part. My dealer originally said they would not know the status until it reaches the rail yard in NJ and then they get a delivery date. But the next day, before I even pushed for the info, he sent me this. It is an FCA site where the dealers can log in and find all the shipping status. As you can see in the red box in the screenshot, it clearly shows when the vehicle rail trail will arrive at the vehicle rail offload site in NJ (March 24). Then it gets put on a carrier truck and shipped to the dealer. I am sure they will know that prior to that day. So ask you dealer to specifically go on this site. I also marked the other status points where it left the assembly line and went to other departments, which match what Ram Chat was showing me.

Thank you for this insightful info!

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealer saying the truck may or may not be in this week. UGH... For those that asked... Here is a youtube clip of my 2018 Ram which FCA is buying back because of the Repairs Gone Wrong which is allowing me to get our of the 2018 and into a 2019 Limited. Please subscribe as it helps me grow the channel:

Last edited:

Pitcom

Reaction score
Just got a call from my dealer saying the truck may or may not be in this week. UGH... Fro those that asked... Here is a youtube clip of my 2018 Ram which FCA is buying back because of the Repairs Gone Wrong which is allowing me to get our of the 2018 and into a 2019 Limited. Please subscribe as it helps me grow the channel:

Not much longer pal. Just got a call this morning, they are expecting mine to be delivered the 25th at the dealership. I will have to wait till the 30th tho to pick it up. Its a bit of a ride to get there, and with work, a 10 month old and a pregnant wife, im not rushing out after work hours.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Not much longer pal. Just got a call this morning, they are expecting mine to be delivered the 25th at the dealership. I will have to wait till the 30th tho to pick it up. Its a bit of a ride to get there, and with work, a 10 month old and a pregnant wife, im not rushing out after work hours.

I hear that man. Been there and got 2 souvenirs. LOL

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
My truck has apparently been in KZ status for 8 days. RAM Chat says it is in transit to dealer but does not have any other information. At this point, should I be getting and ETA from dealer and stop inquiring with RAM Chat?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
My truck has apparently been in KZ status for 8 days. RAM Chat says it is in transit to dealer but does not have any other information. At this point, should I be getting and ETA from dealer and stop inquiring with RAM Chat?

Ram chat was always vague when it came to information... I would try to give them a call instead. With the exception of one time they always told me where my truck was in the delivery process (state, town etc..)

Users who are viewing this thread