5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Small world, my truck is currently in KZ status as of yesterday. Awaiting shipment to Lancaster County, Pa

Sounds like we might all have to get together. Load up the trucks with some guns and go shooting and shoot the ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitcom

Reaction score
Jokes aside, train vs truck seems to maybe not just be a question of ship to location. My dealer is located with 20 miles of the Twin Oaks rail yard in SE PA, yet status from my dealer says my truck will come via truck all the way from MI. I’m hoping this week, fingers crossed. Not sure how the mode of transport is selected.
Which dealer, David or Chapman? I ended up driving out to Lancaster because David Dodge was playing games with pricing and ordering.

steeltkb

Reaction score
So my order was submitted on 2/28, in D-1 on 3/4, I called today and its slated for rail ship departure today and arriving in Buffalo, NY (nearest city to me, 30 min away from my dealer) on 3/19. Is it just me or is that a lot faster than usual? Im hoping they didn't make a mistake and get my hopes up for my truck arriving early then pulling the rug out from under me!

You guys are hilarious with your fast-ship Rams!

Me, I just got word from my dealer that they still don't know what's holding up the build, but the factory rep told them that the truck would be built on April 1st.

I'm not even joking.

And I don't even know if that means it will begin being built on 4/1, or it will be completed on 4/1. And it has to go off for spray liner & side steps too. So, at this point I'm expecting at least 102 days to have elapsed between order placement and KZ, but I'm not at all confident that it will be limited to only 102 days....

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Which dealer, David or Chapman? I ended up driving out to Lancaster because David Dodge was playing games with pricing and ordering.
I ordered thru Jeff Dambrosio in Downingtown. Previously brought my Alfa Giulia thru them as well. Both sales and service have always treated me well. You have to be an educated consumer no matter where you go, but the sales guys I’ve dealt with have been great and for Alfa Service both managers and techs have been fantastic.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score

Me, I just got word from my dealer that they still don't know what's holding up the build, but the factory rep told them that the truck would be built on April 1st.

I'm not even joking.

And I don't even know if that means it will begin being built on 4/1, or it will be completed on 4/1. And it has to go off for spray liner & side steps too. So, at this point I'm expecting at least 102 days to have elapsed between order placement and KZ, but I'm not at all confident that it will be limited to only 102 days....

I think it is crazy how these orders go. I also think that the ETA's are all BS. I have not seen one post where the ETA was ever the actual day the truck arrived. Before anyone busts my chops.... I know Estimated Time of Arrival can mean xx day before or after, but weeks ahead or after is not and ETA in my mind.

The manufacture has to have some "Dead Nuts On" way of tracking these vehicles and maybe they do but instead of using that tech every day for us folks hounding them every day, they just give an automatically generated ETA.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score

I'm not even joking.

That is crazy how long it is taking for yours compared to others. Something with the 2wd setup? I do not really see anything else unique to your build...

Viking42

Reaction score
So, mine just left the production line and i got the window sticker
115 days in production....

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
KZ today! Just waiting to be shipped to my dealer in NY. Hey all you tri-state area people:
  1. How long did your truck sit in KZ (shipping status)
  2. Once shipped, how long did it take to get to your dealer?
  3. Anyone know if it goes by rail or the full distance by truck transport to NY?
PS - this forum was AWESOME to know what to look out for, check, and what to purchase!

Keemosabe

Reaction score
KZ today! Just waiting to be shipped to my dealer in NY. Hey all you tri-state area people:
  1. How long did your truck sit in KZ (shipping status)
  2. Once shipped, how long did it take to get to your dealer?
  3. Anyone know if it goes by rail or the full distance by truck transport to NY?
PS - this forum was AWESOME to know what to look out for, check, and what to purchase!

1. Mine was 12 days from going KZ to being shipped. An inside contact told me it had a service event before being shipped. Possibly the power brake pedal recall but wouldn’t have been an actual recall since the vehicle hadn’t left Ram premises. Kinda makes sense.
2. Shipped 3/11 at 10:15 PM confirmed by dealer. 3/13 at 2;30 I haven’t gotten a call yet that it’s in. Dealer said 2-3 days from ship date.
3. Mine was shipped by truck. Surprising since the rail yard is pretty close here in SE PA (Twin Oaks PA). Dealer is only about 20 miles away. But, the dealer is within 5 miles or so of the PA Turnpike so maybe that’s the reason for truck transport. :unsure:

enemjay

Reaction score
1. Mine was 12 days from going KZ to being shipped. An inside contact told me it had a service event before being shipped. Possibly the power brake pedal recall but wouldn’t have been an actual recall since the vehicle hadn’t left Ram premises. Kinda makes sense.
2. Shipped 3/11 at 10:15 PM confirmed by dealer. 3/13 at 2;30 I haven’t gotten a call yet that it’s in. Dealer said 2-3 days from ship date.
3. Mine was shipped by truck. Surprising since the rail yard is pretty close here in SE PA (Twin Oaks PA). Dealer is only about 20 miles away. But, the dealer is within 5 miles or so of the PA Turnpike so maybe that’s the reason for truck transport. :unsure:

Do you know when your build sheet became available?

enemjay

Reaction score
Thanks! I tried pulling up my build sheet using the same link before but it says its not available. I was just wondering if I could estimate what stage my build is at once it becomes available. RAM chat won't provide updates for us Canadian folk!

Pitcom

Reaction score
Thanks! I tried pulling up my build sheet using the same link before but it says its not available. I was just wondering if I could estimate what stage my build is at once it becomes available. RAM chat won't provide updates for us Canadian folk!
Make sure you use all capital letters, when typing in your VIN number. I tried the first time with lowercase and nothing came up oh, so I tried a second time using uppercase and the build sheet came right up.

Ghostchili

Reaction score
Ordered 3/6
VIN VON 3/10
chat today "I am showing that at this time all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon."

Users who are viewing this thread