5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Crap. You've been my lead dog on predicting delivery! Mine got loaded onto the train on March 4th, and is headed to the rail yard in Salt Lake City. I can't even figure out the rail time from MI to UT! Then via semi to Boise, Idaho. Just need it there by the 27th. 3 weeks. Come on FCA!!

The hits keep coming... So now there are saying no later than the 14th.. First it was the Feb 26th then March 6 and now the 14th.. The GM was a bit of a *** about it as well. Again they are blaming the 4-5 inches of snow we received on Sunday! It's killing me that its 19 miles from me...

Last edited:

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
How long usually does the Build Sheet come out? ordered on 2/23

Build sheet is usually presented to the dealer within the first 5 days.

Actually, the build sheets are not available until the trucks are primarily built. Mine was still in D1 a month after the order. But within a couple days, it appeared before (as?) it went to JB status for the final flourishes.

Unfortunately, it has been fully built and sitting in JS status for almost 3 weeks now. Just waiting for it to be shipped.

BriManley

Reaction score
Picked up my truck on Monday. Very happy in the first 100 miles. I highly recommend the delivery checklist here on the forum. I did in fact find one of the sunroof drains out of place and the dealer quickly remedied. Had a floor mat issue as well where carpet wouldn't lay flat. Had the snaps mislocated. Quick swap and everything else checked out great.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 51

lilnohreaga

Reaction score
I lifted this image from post #30 on page 2 of this thread courtesy of iKGraves - assuming every dealer has access to this screen then we should all be getting better info...

View attachment 17923
Once I went KZ, I talked with my dealer and he pulled a very similar screenshot. It showed the first leg being Rail from New Boston, MI to Memphis, TN, with a "Ramp ETA" of 3/1. After that it listed a Truck leg to go from Memphis to the dealer (I'm in MS). He told me it typically takes 10-15 days to get to him from when the rail arrives in Memphis. Of course I was bummed (this was 2/18 or so... but then on 2/27, my truck arrived on his lot! Way ahead of schedule for sure. I had not asked him for updates between 2/18 and 2/27 because I thought it was still too far out to matter....

mharringer

Reaction score
Picked up my truck on Monday. Very happy in the first 100 miles. I highly recommend the delivery checklist here on the forum. I did in fact find one of the sunroof drains out of place and the dealer quickly remedied. Had a floor mat issue as well where carpet wouldn't lay flat. Had the snaps mislocated. Quick swap and everything else checked out great.

Awesome truck! Looks like the only option you didn't get is the tow group and the ORG. Identical to my order except you went with the 22s (and different colors)

Kravin

Reaction score
Crap. You've been my lead dog on predicting delivery! Mine got loaded onto the train on March 4th, and is headed to the rail yard in Salt Lake City. I can't even figure out the rail time from MI to UT! Then via semi to Boise, Idaho. Just need it there by the 27th. 3 weeks. Come on FCA!!

My truck is on the same train headed to Salt Lake. My dealer said yesterday they anticipate it being on the lot here in Salt Lake on the 22nd. They will have to be careful unloading. We have almost identical trucks, except the block heater.

Last edited:

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Just spoke to my dealer as well and got this information:

The truck left Detroit Mound Yard 3/6/2019 bound for New Boston, MI to be rail-headed to Jessup. Current ETA is 3/15/2019.

U

User_6565

Despite my dealer telling me last week that there was still another 6 weeks left for delivery, he contacted me half an hour ago to let me know the truck is arriving today or tomorrow. So, it looks like I'll be picking it up on Saturday now, which would be 5 weeks from order to delivery.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Despite my dealer telling me last week that there was still another 6 weeks left for delivery, he contacted me half an hour ago to let me know the truck is arriving today or tomorrow. So, it looks like I'll be picking it up on Saturday now, which would be 5 weeks from order to delivery.

That’s awesome. I was informed that my request to upgrade the fuel tank was void because of the Hot Tag status. Anyone know if it’s a PITA to do after the fact?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Finnaly got to meet her after the dealer telling me that it would be in until the 14th. She had just got off the truck! I did all the financial stuff this evening since it was to late to take her home because of the registration. 1525BF20-6639-43EC-B3A8-69F893BEC0FB.jpeg

acat

Reaction score

Like the bak tonneau cover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonwoods81

Reaction score

She is a real beaut Clark

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
She is a real beaut Clark
Great to know. I am seriously considering using the checklist also. Curious though, did you give a copy of it to your dealer prior to you arriving to do a pre-check? What was the dealer's reaction to such a lengthy checklist. Just curious, bec. for $60K - too bad! Also, can you send a pic of where the sunroof drains are? Would like to see exactly where/what to look for.

steeltkb

Reaction score
Well, great news and bad news! I'll tell you the great news first. I ordered on 12/20/2018.
Yesterday when I ramchatted, she told me that I was now in D1! All parts had arrived, and it would be built very soon! Yes! Finally, some progress! There is hope left in the world!

And then before I could say thanks, she typed back the bad news: they were having problems with their computers, and she double checked, and she was mistaken the first time. It's actually still in D, and they are still waiting for parts.

So, 78 days now. Pretty sure my order must have a cold tag. Or maybe it's a conspiracy to make me go back to a Ford? Or maybe the front bench seat assembly foreman never came back from Christmas break.

jonesy

Reaction score
Just had Ramchat tell me they "can no longer provide ETAs".... still KZ and "could be in shipping status up to 30 days" is all he would say.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Well, great news and bad news! I'll tell you the great news first. I ordered on 12/20/2018.
Yesterday when I ramchatted, she told me that I was now in D1! All parts had arrived, and it would be built very soon! Yes! Finally, some progress! There is hope left in the world!

And then before I could say thanks, she typed back the bad news: they were having problems with their computers, and she double checked, and she was mistaken the first time. It's actually still in D, and they are still waiting for parts.

So, 78 days now. Pretty sure my order must have a cold tag. Or maybe it's a conspiracy to make me go back to a Ford? Or maybe the front bench seat assembly foreman never came back from Christmas break.

Good lord almighty. Cancel order and order another one.. lol better luck I bet.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Just had Ramchat tell me they "can no longer provide ETAs".... still KZ and "could be in shipping status up to 30 days" is all he would say.

At this point your best option would be to call the dealer and ask for details on the rail status.

Users who are viewing this thread