5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Truckin

Reaction score
Army for the past 4 years, first 9 were Marine Corps.
Awesome! Hopefully you will pull early retirement and then on to your second career...My older brother was able to retire at 18yr5mo.
I spent 4 years in the Navy on special assignment and was ready to reup for 6 and a big VIR but then fell hard for a 5'4" 115lb brunette...End of my Navy life :)

tat3rsalad

Reaction score
Morning all...what is the delivery process once you enter KZ status? What is the average timeframe? (I am in Georgia) The truck is built in Sterling Heights correct? Where does it go from there? My dealer mentioned something about a railyard in Toledo. Just curious for my own education...really excited!

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Morning all...what is the delivery process once you enter KZ status? What is the average timeframe? (I am in Georgia) The truck is built in Sterling Heights correct? Where does it go from there? My dealer mentioned something about a railyard in Toledo. Just curious for my own education...really excited!

I’m so ready for this truck! My truck went into KZ on 2/27, (ordered 2/11). So far all I can get out of RamChat is KZ and they add “shipping status”. No specifics, but the last guy I chatted with said I should hear from the dealer any day now. I emailed the dealer last evening so hopefully I get some status back today. Fingers crossed!

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
Get the VON from the dealer and speak with Ram Chat. My order went in on 2/25 and I had a VIN the next day. You may even be able to get the VON/VIN from Ram chat as they always ask for your name and address, and the dealer's name when I first got my VON. I think you dealer isn't really looking into it.

I'll try Ram Chat. I asked the dealer for the VON and haven't heard back from him. I wish I could order directly from Ram and eliminate the dealer from the equation

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
Talked to Ram Chat they can't locate any order. Dealer still hasn't given me the order number and says "will have it by today". I am beginning to think I paid a deposit for a truck that was never ordered

TVANVA

Reaction score

For Georgia, it will be mostly rail.

Mine was built on Feb 9 (according to the window sticker) and as of this past Monday, my dealer said it was in Connellsville PA. Looking at the CSX rail map, sure enough, there is a switching yard just south of that town, so the truck is roughly two thirds of the way to the dealer (Northern VA).

I have tried getting shipping details from RAM Chat several times, but no luck other than code KZ and a "contact your dealer". Others have had better success getting location details from RAM Chat.

IMHO, the best bet is to check with your dealer occasionally for a specific location, then Google the rail maps to figure out the progress. Given the distance, the shortage of rail and truck transportation assets, and the likely confusion over where to do the recent recalls (grounds and pedal travel), my money is on 3 to 4 weeks shipping to Georgia.

Keep us posted as to your progress so we build a group consensus as to the actual shipping times.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
What I'm running into now... My Truck has been at the rail yard which is 19 miles from my dealership for 4 days now. My salesmen is stating that they have no way of knowing when it will come. It will just show up , I think this is BS. I'm going to head over there later on to have a polite conversation (at least try to) with the GM to get a date out of them. The yard is even closer to my house which is even worse lol.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Yikes to all the above.

I'm not getting any more info from Ram chat and my dealer certainly is not keeping me up to date. Just another sale for them though... PITA

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Just heard back from my dealer:
“your new Ram 1500 is currently at Detriot Axle Yard in Michigan, waiting to be loaded on a Truck carrier, then comes to our dealership. “
So that would indicate not being rail transported to Eastern PA. Fingers crossed for next week.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Just heard back from my dealer:
“your new Ram 1500 is currently at Detriot Axle Yard in Michigan, waiting to be loaded on a Truck carrier, then comes to our dealership. “
So that would indicate not being rail transported to Eastern PA. Fingers crossed for next week.

I'll have to hit my dealer up today as well. I believe our trucks will meet each other on that ride. I'm in York county and my truck was also sitting in the Detroit yard

jonesy

Reaction score
I lifted this image from post #30 on page 2 of this thread courtesy of iKGraves - assuming every dealer has access to this screen then we should all be getting better info...

C5AC5F40-8AE9-4F06-AF46-E688F2C3FAF0.jpeg

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am in NY. I was wondering if they will transport the truck via truck carrier or train. Not many trains come into NY area for deliveries, and I would especially doubt with autos. Wonder if they truck it from the midwest or rail to PA and then on a truck. Anyone who lives in the tri-state area who received theirs know?

Keemosabe

Reaction score
I am in NY. I was wondering if they will transport the truck via truck carrier or train. Not many trains come into NY area for deliveries, and I would especially doubt with autos. Wonder if they truck it from the midwest or rail to PA and then on a truck. Anyone who lives in the tri-state area who received theirs know?

Yea I was kinda surprised to hear via truck as there is a huge new car lot where rail cars are off loaded literally 4 miles from my house in SE PA.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I was kinda surprised to hear via truck as there is a huge new car lot where rail cars are off loaded literally 4 miles from my house in SE PA.
That's kinda what I was assuming. I looked at the rail maps as someone mentioned, and nothing clean into NYC. I figured maybe into the Philly area was a clean rail shot, then via transport into NY area.

mharringer

Reaction score
What I'm running into now... My Truck has been at the rail yard which is 19 miles from my dealership for 4 days now. My salesmen is stating that they have no way of knowing when it will come. It will just show up , I think this is BS. I'm going to head over there later on to have a polite conversation (at least try to) with the GM to get a date out of them. The yard is even closer to my house which is even worse lol.

Crap. You've been my lead dog on predicting delivery! Mine got loaded onto the train on March 4th, and is headed to the rail yard in Salt Lake City. I can't even figure out the rail time from MI to UT! Then via semi to Boise, Idaho. Just need it there by the 27th. 3 weeks. Come on FCA!!

Users who are viewing this thread