5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

filli_at

Reaction score
I was just told my order is on hold due to a recall with the "off road package group", can anyone else confirm this?

alow

Reaction score
Firecadet, That's awesome congrats and as always pics or it didn't happen!

alow

Reaction score
my dealer, my order was placed 10 days ago and i was asking for an update. pretty bummed about it.
Well thanks for the heads up as I'm also an off road package build. We'll see how this all plans out.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA online chat says there is no recall on the off road package or restriction

FLG8R

Reaction score
This is the first I'm hearing about a recall for the Off-Road package, I'll try to do some digging around although I'm stuck at work for the next 8 hours.
I'll sure be waiting on your response as the delay in my Rebel build may well play into all of this. I've suspected for a while that its strange they can build a truck yet it won't pass inspection. My thoughts went to supply issues that were simple bolt ons but unavailable because the suppliers for these parts were still tooled up for the 18s and had yet to convert their respective assembly lines for the 19s. Because no Off Road packages had shipped at the time I suspected skid plates that although similar to the 18s just wouldn't line up on the 19s. Then all of a sudden an Off Package truck landed at a dealership Alacombe had posted about so that thought went to the back burner. I'm so disgusted with all of this because FCA won't extend to its customers the courtesy of explaining whats holding things up.

alow

Reaction score
So from another thread here Devildodge posted his local dealer got a Bighorn with off road package from the 29th of May so I dont imagine its a parts fitting issue. Seems as if they have shipped atleast one.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So from another thread here Devildodge posted his local dealer got a Bighorn with off road package from the 29th of May so I dont imagine its a parts fitting issue. Seems as if they have shipped atleast one.

Off road packages have been on lots and have been shipped. Who ever said they rant being shipped is completely incorrect but doesn't mean current production on off road packages has stopped which could be the case. However, there are off road packages out there and has been shipped.

filli_at

Reaction score
I have seen offroad packages on the lots as well.
I am curious if its not a shock/strut supplier issue. i know the rebel has a unique strut and so does the offroad package compared to the regular models.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with RAM customer service and I finally got to KZ status. The end is near hah!!!

She said shipping has improved some and I should have the truck in 10-14 days. Hopefully that’s correct and I’ll have it in two weeks! Still might get this truck in 8 weeks or under.

Ordered on 4/28
VIN on 4/28
D1 Status on 5/10 (28 days)
E Status on 6/04
F Status on 6/04
G on 6/05
Cleared inspection 6/05
JB on 6/06
KZ on 6/07

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with RAM customer service and I finally got to KZ status. The end is near hah!!!

She said shipping has improved some and I should have the truck in 10-14 days. Hopefully that’s correct and I’ll have it in two weeks! Still might get this truck in 8 weeks or under.

Ordered on 4/28
VIN on 4/28
D1 Status on 5/10 (28 days)
E Status on 6/04
F Status on 6/04
G on 6/05
Cleared inspection 6/05
JB on 6/06
KZ on 6/07

Congrats! My 6/1 build is on a truck with a 6/4 build....I think it all depends on what they have headed your way.

Users who are viewing this thread